The Shipping Update Whining Thread

"I'm sorry Mr. Quesada but we're going to have to delay that reprint of Ultimates 3 #1."

"What happened?"

"I don't know, they just found all the copies mysteriously set on fire."

"Who would do such a thing?"

"I know, I'm just as perplexed as you are."

I realize the list hasn't been updated since August (yikes!), and instead of posting everything since then (since most would be pointless), all of November is listed.

Dammit, I hate the Kick *** delays. Issue 4 came out before I started college, and issue 5 will be coming out after my first full semester. :x

And I really hope New Avengers doesn't become $3.99 regularly -- although it seems that way now... :(

Holy damn, what the hell is wrong with Marvel now? The last two weeks of delayed announcement have so many titles! They've reverted back to how they used to be again, and after they didn't have so many titles been delayed.

Holy damn, what the hell is wrong with Marvel now? The last two weeks of delayed announcement have so many titles! They've reverted back to how they used to be again, and after they didn't have so many titles been delayed.

I especially don't understand the delays for TPBs and hardcovers and - to an even greater extent - the omnibus volumes. THESE BOOKS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN COMICS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED!!!!

I especially don't understand the delays for TPBs and hardcovers and - to an even greater extent - the omnibus volumes. THESE BOOKS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN COMICS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED!!!!

In the case of the delayed trades, E, we're talking about older material. So there is more to it than just copying the book and reshipping it. Marvel, pre-trade boom, had sparce masters for many of there pre-90s materials, so they havew to not only copy it but remaster it based on printed products. We're talking recoloring, redrawing in some cases [based on poor copies], and then making primarily newsprint comics into a digital product to be used as template for the book. It's a pretty time consuming ordeal, considering many of the reconstruction artists are trying to to emulate what the book should have looked like before the crappy newsprint printing messed with linework and coloring.

Having said that, a delay is a delay, so either marvel has had trouble getting the specs or it's taking the artists a longer time than imagined to reconstruct.

Latest posts

Back