The Stem Cell debate is over...hopefully.

This is what I never understood. From the papers that I read, they never planned on getting stem cells by growing them, they only planed on getting them from abortions. Scientists were researching ways to get them from skin and intestine cells at that time. And here they succeeded it seems.

What I think happened and made the public go ape****, was the news. It decided to see the word embryo, and take it out of context and control.

That is a terrific thing, and hopefully, a trend that continues. There is no reason why religion and science can't get along. Lots of scientists I know are extremely religious

Einstein for instance. I never really understood the argument between the two other than creationism and big bang theories for respective sides. Especially whe nit boiled down to hearing a priest denouncing bill nye because he was a poster boy for science. What?! i says. HE teaches pratical application of science through fun experiments. It's one thing to call me a heathen, it's another to shove me out the door calling me a mass lover. I says, it could go both ways you see. he kicked my mass. I told him the sheer velocity and physics of the kick made it hurt, not the will of god.

This story was true at one point. sorry for getting off topic.

To put my two cents in, I never really saw a problem. Someone was bound to do it one way or another, i guess this way hopefully appeases everyone.

I could have sworn I heard that was going on :? But I never really pay that much attention to this

See, that's the news twisting it so it sounds like that.

Always be wary of the news broadcasts, they are considered a tertiary source of information, and most of the times, it is either wrong, or extremely EXTREMELY biased and twisted.

See, that's the news twisting it so it sounds like that.

Always be wary of the news broadcasts, they are considered a tertiary source of information, and most of the times, it is either wrong, or extremely EXTREMELY biased and twisted.

i blame rupert murdoch.

This is good news , I was always for Stem Cells as it can help a lot of people. Now this maybe due to personal reasons clouding my judgement as I grew up with a Mother who had multiple sclerosis. I always hoped there was for her to get better but sadly at the time there wasn't and I watched it get worse and worse to the point she confined to a wheel chair.

I know the cure for things like that will never come along in her lifetime and probably not in my life time either but it makes me feel good to know that sometime in the future other kids won't have to go through what me and brother did.

I know that was a little too personal and serious and I'm sorry for that I was just sharing my view point on why I'm glad this is happening.

This is good news.

I'm glad that they'll no longer have to use aborted fetuses, as I can now have them for my dumplings.
This is good news , I was always for Stem Cells as it can help a lot of people. Now this maybe due to personal reasons clouding my judgement as I grew up with a Mother who had multiple sclerosis. I always hoped there was for her to get better but sadly at the time there wasn't and I watched it get worse and worse to the point she confined to a wheel chair.

I know the cure for things like that will never come along in her lifetime and probably not in my life time either but it makes me feel good to know that sometime in the future other kids won't have to go through what me and brother did.

I know that was a little too personal and serious and I'm sorry for that I was just sharing my view point on why I'm glad this is happening.
My mom has MS as well. Things aren't so bad right now, and I know every case is supposed to be different but I'm scared of what will happen if and when it gets worse.

Latest posts

Back