• I am against the strike

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I am still on the fence

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I could not care less

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Re: The strike is on. The S is O!!

I never understood why the writers wanted control over reality shows, anyways, so I'm glad they're dropping that issue.

Greed.

You're right. And that's when I started to question what the writers were trying to do.

Yep. I questioned it the day they went on strike and put thousands of their lesser-paid colleagues out of work.

I really hope so. It's getting to the point of ridiculousness. Plus, I never understood why the writers wanted control over reality shows, anyways, so I'm glad they're dropping that issue.

Cause all reality shows are staged and written before hand

Yep. I questioned it the day they went on strike and put thousands of their lesser-paid colleagues out of work.

I know. We've been over this. And, now, as I was expecting a short strike, I've come to agree with you. I still don't agree with the AMPTP, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the WGA. Which is why I'm glad they've decided to drop some of their complaints to get back to the negotiating table.

Cause all reality shows are staged and written before hand

I just see them as different then sitcoms or dramas. The writing on reality shows is particularly bad, why unionize it?

Greed is what this whole thing was about. They pushed the fact they weren't getting paid for the online stuff, which they did get initially paid for to write, as a spring board to try and get the studios to sign on to the reality show/animation deal.

I'm glad they dropped that. That stuff was stupid. I think a couple more issues need to be dropped as well.

I love this gem of a line.

The guild agreed to withdraw those issues to "make absolutely clear our commitment to bringing a speedy conclusion to negotiations," union executives Michael Winship and Patric Verrone said in an e-mail letter to members.

Yeah, a couple of months later, and no forward motion in your negotiations caused you drop the issues.

I never understood why the writers wanted control over reality shows, anyways, so I'm glad they're dropping that issue.

I guess because they write a reality tv show e.g Big Brother. And then :

a) Next years Big Brother 2 is the exact same thing and it's just reusing their written idea (I would say script but I'm not sure if that is correct for reality tv)

b) The voting on the show is a premium rate number and thousands if not millions of votes are cast giving them HUGE Profit which does not go to the writers

c) Next years they could alter it in worse ways e.g Big brother over here has celebrities (for lack of a better word) act as Big brother and it's too gimmicky and flashy

d) greed

e) Clips of their show is shown online , best of dvds , internet live viewing

But this is just a guess at all of them and I may be way off

Wow.

Marvel studios has struck a deal with the WGA!!

could MARVEL actually help end the strike?
I was fortunately online when this was announced... because I just went and made $650,500 on the HSX by buying up cheaply priced shares of Marvel films still in 'development' such as Ant-Man, Captain America, Sub-Mariner and Thor. :D

Wow.

Marvel studios has struck a deal with the WGA!!

could MARVEL actually help end the strike?

Didn't someone else strike the same type of deal? I think it was Jay leno over there.

My thinking to this is if they keep signing Interim Agreements then won't that compromise their whole "we are not working for anyone till we get what we want" deal?

Didn't someone else strike the same type of deal? I think it was Jay leno over there.

My thinking to this is if they keep signing Interim Agreements then won't that compromise their whole "we are not working for anyone till we get what we want" deal?

But it gives them more leverage with the big companies that are refusing to budge.

But it gives them more leverage with the big companies that are refusing to budge.

That's cool , I assumed big companies would just think "Oh they will work when it suits them :roll: " and hurts their case

I think it's more of an "if you big companies won't treat us well, we'll just do work for these smaller companies and see how you feel when they can do things with writers while you can't."

AWESOME! And wasn't the deal that if they could end it by February 8th, they could make more episodes of shows and still air them within this season? If this means 9-15 LOSTs, awesomer still, and hopefully they can work things out with The Office and the home stretch of Scrubs.

hmmmmm. unfortunately that story is the only one about it i can find. now i'm worried. i know there's supposed to be a media blackout but still, you'd think someone else would've picked up on it.:shifty:

He says in the story that the full WGA will be presented with the deal on saturday.

We'll know tomorrow whether its over or not.

Latest posts

Back