The Thread of Guilty Pleasures

Gothamite

Is there anything you're just really ashamed of liking? TV, literature, games or otherwise?

Post here.

I'm not going to go first...but believe me, they're good. :lol:

Here's some of mine

• Power rangers
  • Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
  • SpoongeBob
  • Sheep dog and wolf on Psone
  • Spider-man Unlimited
  • Sky High
  • Mutant X
  • captain pugwash (though that is just for the names e.g "Master bates" :lol: )

Here's some of mine

• Power rangers
  • Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
  • SpoongeBob
  • Sheep dog and wolf on Psone
  • Spider-man Unlimited
  • Sky High
  • Mutant X
  • captain pugwash (though that is just for the names e.g "Master bates" :lol: )

I don't think SpongeBob counts, everyone watches that.

Here's me:

Knight Rider

I flat out, love this show. Nobody can understand why. It's just 100% Hoff, concentrated, pure, unstoppable. The way he moves, walks and talks, is just pure Hofftacular. The whole feel of the show is ultimate eighties (they pretty much play every single song from the Vice City soundtrack at different times). And. It's. Got. A. Talking. Car. 'Nuff said.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I love the old movies. I love the new one. I love the old cartoon. I love the new one. The whole concept is just so ridiculously appealing. Anthropomorphic turtle-ninja superheroes. How can you not love that? I don't really go for the comics, much, though, because in the comics, the Turtles are just ruthless vigilantes, and all of the pizza and skateboards and cries of "awesome" and "excellent" are conspicuously absent in favour of blood and violence. COWABUNGA!

Scooby-Doo

This one doesn't really apply anymore, but a few years ago, I grew to like Scooby-Doo in the same way that I like Batman and Superman and all of the superhero greats. Why? I'm not so sure. I just sort of loved the idea of a bunch of teenagers going out to fight ghosts, that more often than not, were fakes (but the odd time when they were real, it ruled).

Beverly Hills 90210

This is definitely the biggest one, because I friggin' love this show. I watch a lot of teen dramas, but this is undoubtedly the best. It doesn't go for the super, gritty realism the way most of them do. It just is what it is: a glossy, soapy, melodramatic, sometimes ridiculous view of how the other half life. But in its own strange way, it ends up being more realistic and the characters end up being more relatable than its contemporary counterparts. Plus, the theme tune is gold. Solid, friggin' gold.

I loved Beverly Hills 90210 also Dawson's creek

Does Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as most here loved old cartoon and new film?

Another of mine is Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide :oops: It's so over the top and cheesy yet with a lesson learnt at the end that it reminds of Saved by the bell I use to love as a kid. I loved all of those "Saved by the bell" "SBTB the collage years" "SBTB the new class" "hang time" "city guys" and more :oops: :oops: damn this thread

Another of mine is Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide :oops: It's so over the top and cheesy yet with a lesson learnt at the end that it reminds of Saved by the bell I use to love as a kid. I loved all of those "Saved by the bell" "SBTB the collage years" "SBTB the new class" "hang time" "city guys" and more :oops: :oops: damn this thread

:shock:

...agree...everything...you've just said...

I also, God help me, love Drake & Josh.

I used to pretend otherwise. I used to lie and cheat by making fun of my brother for watching it. Then (in spite of myself) I watched the episode where Drake and Josh made a bet to see how many dates they could get in one week and Josh gets like a million dates and Drake falls in love with this hot emo...damn that was a good episode. I suddenly realised while watching it..."**** it, I love this show!" My friend was able to sum up D&J perfectly. It's not about the dumbass plots and situations they get themselves in. The two of them are just watchable, nonetheless.

I've never made fun of my brother since that day.

As for Saved By The Bell, when I was watching it as an eleven-year old, I enjoyed it in pretty much the same way as I enjoy 90210 and all the other teen dramas, today with all of the couples breaking up and making up, only in a more innocent, kid-friendly way. However, much like D&J, I didn't really care much about the plots. It was more just about watching the characters interact together that made it worth watching.

The College Years was the coolest thing ever when it was being repeated here (for about a week everyone pretended like they didn't watch it. Then I heard someone whistling the tune at school and after that, it was commonly accepted that it was a cool show). It was like a step up from the original series, as the humour was more grown-up and the environment was more serious and realistic (no robots or mind-reading nerds in this series!). It got cancelled after one season, probably because it couldn't find an audience. Nevertheless, it ended with Zack and Kelly getting married, which was the only acceptable ending.

Last edited:
:shock:

...agree...everything...you've just said...

I also, God help me, love Drake & Josh.

I used to pretend otherwise. I used to lie and cheat by making fun of my brother for watching it. Then (in spite of myself) I watched the episode where Drake and Josh made a bet to see how many dates they could get in one week and Josh gets like a million dates and Drake falls in love with this hot emo...damn that was a good episode. I suddenly realised while watching it..."**** it, I love this show!" My friend was able to sum up D&J perfectly. It's not about the dumbass plots and situations they get themselves in. The two of them are just watchable, nonetheless.

I've never made fun of my brother since that day.

As for Saved By The Bell, when I was watching it as an eleven-year old, I enjoyed it in pretty much the same way as I enjoy 90210 and all the other teen dramas, today. Much like D&J, I didn't really care much about the plots. It was more just about watching the characters interact together that made it worth watching.

The College Years was the coolest thing ever when it was being repeated here (for about a week everyone pretended like they didn't watch it. Then I heard someone whistling the tune at school and after that, it was commonly accepted that it was a cool show). It was like a step up from the original series, as the humour was more grown-up and the environment was more serious and realistic (no robots or mind-reading nerds in this series!). It got cancelled after one season, probably because it couldn't find an audience. Nevertheless, it ended with Zack and Kelly getting married, which was the only acceptable ending.

I like Drake & Josh , I didn't at first but then I got in to it and it wasn't so much Saved by the bell but more "Kenan & Kel" which I also loved.

Yeah the wedding in Las Vegas was a great ending to the Zack era and I loved it and have it on dvd.

It was cool too see Zack , Kelly , Lisa , Jessy and Slater had come back for the last episode of Saved by the bell the new class. It was Mr. Belding's retirement after all and he showed up for all of their moments. (left Screech off as he was there but was a regular on the new class) and the school closed down

Perfect ending

Last edited:
It was cool too see Zack , Kelly , Lisa , Jessy and Slater had come back for the last episode of Saved by the bell the new class. It was Mr. Belding's retirement after all and he showed up for all of their moments. (left Screech off as he was there but was a regular on the new class) and the school closed down

Perfect ending

Hey cool, is that how the New Class ended? I wouldn't know, I never really watched it and they don't repeat that on on Nickelodeon. I wouldn't mind seeing that, actually...

Hey cool, is that how the New Class ended? I wouldn't know, I never really watched it and they don't repeat that on on Nickelodeon. I wouldn't mind seeing that, actually...

Yeah , New class pretty cool started off as a complete rip off then they changed cast and slowly changed people each season and developed in to something cool , similar yet different.

But yeah that's how it ended pretty damn good ending.

Yeah , New class pretty cool started off as a complete rip off then they changed cast and slowly changed people each season and developed in to something cool , similar yet different.

But yeah that's how it ended pretty damn good ending.

Yeah, I saw some of the very early episodes and it seemed to be pretty much a carbon duplicate, only with different actors. Bottom line, it wasn't funny. I always thought the show's problem was that it couldn't stay consistent. It kept changing and bringing in new characters every season. Also, didn't it go on for like seven seasons? And there were characters in the last season that were in it when the show began...:noway:

Yeah, I saw some of the very early episodes and it seemed to be pretty much a carbon duplicate, only with different actors. Bottom line, it wasn't funny. I always thought the show's problem was that it couldn't stay consistent. It kept changing and bringing in new characters every season. Also, didn't it go on for like seven seasons? And there were characters in the last season that were in it when the show began...:noway:

No , non of the ones from first season of New class made it to the end

If you mean Rachel she was replaced by Liz in 5th season

from Wiki
  • Principal Richard Belding
  • Megan Jones (seasons 1-2)
  • Barton 'Weasel' Wyzell (season 1)
  • Vicki Needleman (season 1)
  • Scott Erickson (season 1)
  • Lindsay Warner (seasons 1-3)
  • Thomas 'Tommy D' De Luca (seasons 1-3)
  • Samuel 'Screech' Powers (seasons 2-7)
  • Brian Keller (season 2)
  • Bobby Wilson (season 2)
  • Rachel Meyers (seasons 2-4)
  • R.J. "Hollywood" Collins (season 3)
  • Ryan Parker (seasons 3-5)
  • Maria Lopez (seasons 3-7)
  • Eric Little (seasons 4-7)
  • Nicky Farina (seasons 4-7)
  • Katie Peterson (seasons 4-7)
  • Liz Miller (seasons 5-7)
  • Tony Dillon (seasons 6-7)

You 2 really need to learn of the magic that is PM or IM.

And as far as this thread goes:

Gwen Stefani (both physically and musically)
Hair Metal
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Raw cookie dough

You gotta love hair metal. I do.

Gwen Stefani musically I can see as a guilty pleasure. Theres nothing guilty about wanting a piece of the physical...

I've said before that I like a couple of Britney Spears's songs.

That's all you are getting out of me :noway:

I've said before that I like a couple of Britney Spears's songs.

That's all you are getting out of me :noway:

Ditto. Although, I'll take it one step further and name the songs: Hit Me Baby One More Time and Toxic.

Latest posts

Back