The Timmsverse is officially dead...

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
The Legion of Superheroes
lsh-firstlook.jpg

R.I.P. DCAU....:cry:

I know they're all supposed to be kids so they're not gonna be as built as the JL...but what's up with the Popeye forearms?

Ultimate Houde said:
Looks to me like the same animation used in Teen Titans, which was done by Timm

So how is it dead?
I mean plot wise. You know as a continuation of JLU which with the presence of a superboy instead of supergirl I doubt

Actually, Legion has Brainiac 5 who no doubt, would end up with Supergirl. It seems like the series is set earlier in the Legion's life than what we've seen so far.

It's future Teen Titans.

I'm looking forward to it.

I just want my JLU though. I'll miss Flash.

And Batman.

I really hope Batman is in every episode just because I want him there. I don't even want a story reason for why he's alive or how it makes sense in continuity, I just want Kevin Conroy as Batman in every episode.

Bass said:
I really hope Batman is in every episode just because I want him there. I don't even want a story reason for why he's alive or how it makes sense in continuity, I just want Kevin Conroy as Batman in every episode.

8)

I wanted Supergirl too....:(

thee great one said:
8)

I wanted Supergirl too....:(

I want Supergirl too, but I really want them to do an animated version of the Great Darkness saga. Unless they did already and I missed it :roll:.

Y'know, this makes me laugh. You're hating on something without even watching a single episode. Seriously, are any of you old enough to remember the hate generated by Bruce Timm's designs in '92? Geeks were angry cus it didn't look as realistic as Toth's designs. It's rather silly don't you think?

Timm's designs had a hell of a run, 14 years. I think it's a good time to let the designs evolve. Some will stick, some won't.

Watch it with an open mind, give it a chance. If even then it's not good, then that's your perogative. But, seriously, quit whining about the "death of the Dini/Timm universe" and move on, find something else to obsess over.

PS....it has the same deco oriented caricature designs as Timm (thankfully everyone doesn't have the same friggen bodytype)

Last edited:
... You are aware the only person in this thread upset with the Legion's designs is Random? The guy who started this thread?

Everyone else is looking forward to more Timmverse stuff and talking about what their dream Timmverse project would be.

So, you shouldn't really be acting like you're the only voice of reason in the thread. :?

Beg your pardon. You and Random don't like it (which is fair enough). So I am in error somewhat. :)

skotti-chan said:
Y'know, this makes me laugh. You're hating on something without even watching a single episode. Seriously, are any of you old enough to remember the hate generated by Bruce Timm's designs in '92? Geeks were angry cus it didn't look as realistic as Toth's designs. It's rather silly don't you think?

Timm's designs had a hell of a run, 14 years. I think it's a good time to let the designs evolve. Some will stick, some won't.

Watch it with an open mind, give it a chance. If even then it's not good, then that's your perogative. But, seriously, quit whining about the "death of the Dini/Timm universe" and move on, find something else to obsess over.

PS....it has the same deco oriented caricature designs as Timm (thankfully everyone doesn't have the same friggen bodytype)

You make very good points, and I agree to a point, except:

Bass said:
... You are aware the only person in this thread upset with the Legion's designs is Random? The guy who started this thread?

Everyone else is looking forward to more Timmverse stuff and talking about what their dream Timmverse project would be.

So, you shouldn't really be acting like you're the only voice of reason in the thread.

I'm pretty impartial to the DC Universe overall (comics, movies, TV, etc), so this doesn't impact me at all. Still, I did prefer the original Timm-style. But then again, I don't have any problem with this either. Like I said, impartial. :)

Bass said:

So, you shouldn't really be acting like you're the only voice of reason in the thread. :?
I never said I didn't like the style (even though I really dont, but I dont hate it) I try to keep an open mind on that. It just seems like they are not going to continuing the JLU continuty, which makesme sad cause I was hping that Legion would do we and cause a revival for the JLU. But if this version is successful that just means they'll do more show like that rather than the core DC Animated Universe (or DCAU/Timmsverse as I put it)

Planet-man said:
Ehh, your excellent call on Conroy's Batman in every episode more than made up for it.8)
I agree on that, just have it as a Batman show that was just a flash back moments in the begining

Turns out I was right about the continuity and the end of the core DCAU

Comic Continuum said:
The clip showed the individual characters, including Clark Kent before he is plucked into the future by the Legion in the first episode.
Link: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0608/07/index.htm
Clark Kent as Superboy in the future? That alone makes me hate this.

Also looking back at the posts here I find it interesting that everyone assumed I was hating on the design though I never said it. I dont hate a show automatically cause of what it looks like (I may not get into it) I always look more for plot than look.

Last edited:
Yeah....it's dead.

Bring back my JLU.....or something like it. Seriously.

But on the flip side----what other project could Timm do that would be just as sucessful as JLU? JSA seems so contribed and moot. I can't really think of anything else.

Latest posts

Back