The Ultimate End..... for real?

They won't cancel the Ultimate Universe.

It makes them more money to keep printing it that to cancel it.

I can imagine them cancelling some of the Ultimate line - but there's no way USM is going anywhere.

I can imagine them cancelling some of the Ultimate line - but there's no way USM is going anywhere.

Bass speaks truth. It makes them dollars, so they'll keep pumping it out. This "end" business is merely a marketing tool to hype up the Ultimate titles for next year. Cuz, you know, its all about the dollars.

but didn't 2099 make them money and they ended that

I don't believe it. Ultimate Spider-Man selling too well to end it. Ultimates has a word of mouth factor larger than most of Marvel's 616 titles, which even a bad Loeb six-twelve issue run couldn't ruin. The other two Ultimate books aren't selling great but aren't pulling in abysmal sales.

They ended it because it STOPPED making money.

I :heart: Miguel O' Hara

Oh I thought they ended it because the company was loosing money so they got rid of a lot of books and started licensing companies to make films so by selling the rights to hollywood they pulled them self up

The comics they ended were nearly all non-main 616 comics , but I might be wrong

Spider Man 2099 was one of the better ones in that run

Yeah I liked Spider-man 2099

Spidey 2099 was blatantly the best of the lot.

It's weird - 616 Spidey sucks all the time, but whenever they do an imprint of Marvel heroes, Spidey's is invariably the best and most successful one. Odd.

It's weird - 616 Spidey sucks all the time, but whenever they do an imprint of Marvel heroes, Spidey's is invariably the best and most successful one. Odd.

I wouldn't go that far as 616 has had a lot of cool stories it sucks now they have ****ed everything up but it was cool.

Compound really seemed to like Spider-Man India --- I didn't --- and was hoping that would turn into a sort of Marvel International experiment. Wonder if Spider-Man India would've been the best they could do.

Nope, i don't think this will be the case, they will not cancel the series. When you look at the sales for the ultimate books compared to the 616 books the ultimates are close on their tale and sometimes even surpass the 616 stories.

Nope, i don't think this will be the case, they will not cancel the series. When you look at the sales for the ultimate books compared to the 616 books the ultimates are close on their tale and sometimes even surpass the 616 stories.

I don't think UXM or UFF do anymore.

USM and The Ultimates sell too well to cancel. But, I think Ultimatum might be Marvel's excuse to cancel UXM, UFF or both.

I don't think UXM or UFF do anymore.

USM and The Ultimates sell too well to cancel. But, I think Ultimatum might be Marvel's excuse to cancel UXM, UFF or both.
UXM was #22 in the last sales reported (for October). Which means no cancellation. Ultimate Spider-Man was #20 for that month. So meaning UXM also sells to well to be nixed.

If any book was to be cancelled, possibly UFF (#52). But even then, it won't be cancelled. I doubt any book will actually be taken out.

UXM was #22 in the last sales reported (for October). Which means no cancellation. Ultimate Spider-Man was #20 for that month. So meaning UXM also sells to well to be nixed.

True enough. I knew one of 'em wasn't selling well, but I didn't know which. I'm glad to see UXM selling well, though, since it's finally starting to rev up.

If any book was to be cancelled, possibly UFF (#52). But even then, it won't be cancelled. I doubt any book will actually be taken out.

I dunno. What's with this whole crossover then? Its been heavily hinted this will be the "end" of the Ultimate Universe, but since that's highly unlikely, I figured it would be a restructuring.

Maybe a reboot? Even that seems a little ridiculous at this stage. . .

I dunno. What's with this whole crossover then? Its been heavily hinted this will be the "end" of the Ultimate Universe, but since that's highly unlikely, I figured it would be a restructuring.

Maybe a reboot? Even that seems a little ridiculous at this stage. . .
I'd bet this is all just hype for the crossover. The "end" of the UU I'm betting is just something that will happen within the universe, something that will send the line into an "apocalyptic" world setting, or very close to it.

I mean, a lot of their books sell well enough to keep going on and on without worrying to cancel the book. Changing creators, but not cancel. They could be doing this to help boosts sales and what not.

Will Reed's Cosmic Cube be coming to a head around then or will that be more self contained in the UFF book?

Latest posts

Back