The Ultimate Manga Battle

TwilightEL

I don't think many people read manga on this forum.

However, on the off chance that some of you will know what the hell I'm talking about, I propose the greatest crossover manga battle in the history of ever:

LIGHT YAGAMI OF DEATH NOTE

versus

"JOHAN", THE TITULAR CHARACTER OF MONSTER

Light Yagami dreams of creating a utopia with him as its leader by using a supernatural notebook to slaughter criminals.

Monster dreams of being the only human left in this world and is currently roaming Germany, leaving a trail of death in his wake.

WHO WILL SURVIVE?

I will be so happy if just one other person gets this...

Light would just write "Johan"'s name down in the Death Note. Unless this took place during one of those dumb story arcs where he magically got amnesia but had left himself things to wake himself out of his amnesia and...

I regress. Light would win.

Nobody knows Johann's real name, so Light would have to get Misa near him or get a photograph. (I don't even know how to spell Johann, which I'm pretty sure isn't his name.) No one knows what Johann looks like. We've only seen two photos of him (I've read up to volume 5) in the manga, and they're both of him as a child. I'm sure Johann could hunt them down in Kira's early days. He kills almost everyone who's seen him--only a few people (Tenma, Anna, that creepy guy who was beating up Dieter) have seen his face and lived, none of them would be particularly eager to help Kira, and I don't think a picture of him as a kid will do.

Nobody knows Johann's real name, so Light would have to get Misa near him or get a photograph. (I don't even know how to spell Johann, which I'm pretty sure isn't his name.) No one knows what Johann looks like. We've only seen two photos of him (I've read up to volume 5) in the manga, and they're both of him as a child. I'm sure Johann could hunt them down in Kira's early days. He kills almost everyone who's seen him--only a few people (Tenma, Anna, that creepy guy who was beating up Dieter) have seen his face and lived, none of them would be particularly eager to help Kira, and I don't think a picture of him as a kid will do.

I've never read "Monster" but I think that Light would deduce "Johann" 's real name and then totally death note him.

I've never read "Monster" but I think that Light would deduce "Johann" 's real name and then totally death note him.

No, he wouldn't. Johann was found wandering in a no man's land with his little sister (they call each other siblings, we don't know if they're really related) when they were very young (younger than ten, maybe six years old). Absolutely no records of him exist before then. He constantly destroys photographs of himself and in volume five, it was stated he was trying to "erase his past". Johann has the uncanny ability to find serial killers or people capable of killing and triggering their murderous instincts so that he doesn't have to do things himself. He's described as a "letter freak" and only a handful of people have met him in person. It's unclear when he's done things himself, but at the times when it seems like he was the killer, Johann got in and got out, no muss and no fuss, within minutes, leaving no one alive.

In fact, only a few people even know he exists. Most people view him as "that nice little boy, he lived with that couple in that house for a few years, and then he left and I never knew why." He changes names like others change clothes. The murders he commits are either blamed on the psychopaths he used as murder weapons or are pinned on Dr. Kenzo Tenma, the protagonist of Monster. Incidentally, Dr. Tenma does have his name and photograph widespread, so Light would probably kill him and consider the matter closed.

Just read Monster. Only five volumes are out in America, and it's so damn awesome. Naoki Urasawa wrote it.

This is indeed the ultimate manga battle. However, Johan would probably manipulate Light and kill the whole world using him and his notebook. Then he would make him kill himself.

I think that you guys are underestimating Light. He's not easily manipulated...and again, I haven't read "monster" but I still think that Light would figure out who this "Johann" or whatever is and then put his name down in the Death Note.

However, I also think that L would be able to capture Johann. Because he too, is awesome.

I think that you guys are underestimating Light. He's not easily manipulated...and again, I haven't read "monster" but I still think that Light would figure out who this "Johann" or whatever is and then put his name down in the Death Note.

However, I also think that L would be able to capture Johann. Because he too, is awesome.

I agree that that might happen... if Johann was careless enough that they would ever discover his existence. I think L is smarter than Light in many ways and would've easily discovered Light if he knew about the Death Note since the beginning. Since Johann can't use supernatural methods, he might get caught... again, if L could figure out he even existed. Which he probably wouldn't until it was too late.

I agree that that might happen... if Johann was careless enough that they would ever discover his existence. I think L is smarter than Light in many ways and would've easily discovered Light if he knew about the Death Note since the beginning. Since Johann can't use supernatural methods, he might get caught... again, if L could figure out he even existed. Which he probably wouldn't until it was too late.

That, or Johann could look him in the eyes so he craps his pants.

Man, I'm a fanboy.

L isn't necessarily "smarter than Light" but he is a better detective.

Light is more likely to outwit and manipulate Johann, whereas L would be able to track him down and figure out who he is more efficiently. Man, it was total bull when they killed L and had those noobs replace him...

L isn't necessarily "smarter than Light" but he is a better detective.

Light is more likely to outwit and manipulate Johann, whereas L would be able to track him down and figure out who he is more efficiently. Man, it was total bull when they killed L and had those noobs replace him...

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think Light is too easily frustrated and arrogant. He also has the added problem of trying to use Johann (or anyone he pursues) towards his own advantage while advancing along his goal to conquer (or, more accurately, control) the world. L, on the other hand, can focus all his prodigious resources and mental capability on one case without worrying about hiding secrets from his closest allies. Plus, L isn't ****ing insane.

I would love to see Inspector Lunge and L team up. Sure, L probably has a higher IQ than inspector Lunge, but he doesn't has the computer mind that makes Lunge so peculiar. Plus, inspector Lunge is much better trained on the combat field and stuff.

I would love to see Inspector Lunge and L team up. Sure, L probably has a higher IQ than inspector Lunge, but he doesn't has the computer mind that makes Lunge so peculiar. Plus, inspector Lunge is much better trained on the combat field and stuff.

It'd be interesting to see their contrasting views on justice, too.

Lunge... it seems like he's lost all his humanity and lives to solve crimes. Is L the same way?

It'd be interesting to see their contrasting views on justice, too.

Lunge... it seems like he's lost all his humanity and lives to solve crimes. Is L the same way?

Well, I won't spoil it for you, but Lunge has his moments of humanity too. L, I can't say too much cause I stopped reading when Light loosed his memory and didn't came back until he was already dead, but he seemed even more obsessive than Lunge. I mean, Lunge at least had a family.

Well, I won't spoil it for you, but Lunge has his moments of humanity too. L, I can't say too much cause I stopped reading when Light loosed his memory and didn't came back until he was already dead, but he seemed even more obsessive than Lunge. I mean, Lunge at least had a family.

L was really sad in some scenes during the mind-wipe. He definitely had a human side. But Lunge... I haven't read that far in the series, but it seems like he doesn't track people out of a sense of right and wrong anymore, and I'm not sure whether or not L has that.

L was really sad in some scenes during the mind-wipe. He definitely had a human side. But Lunge... I haven't read that far in the series, but it seems like he doesn't track people out of a sense of right and wrong anymore, and I'm not sure whether or not L has that.

Lunge was forty something. He had a previous life. L was little more than a teenager but he was pretty close to reach that point. He would had ended much worse I think.

I dunno...Watari was pretty important to L. L's main problem was that he was just so much smarter than everyone else...which is why he got along with Light so well. And yeah...Light's arrogant, but he's not an idiot. He comes up with a lot of good plans over the course of death note. He only died at the end because someone else made a mistake.

BTW, I just read the first few chapters of Monster. You're right; it's awesome.

Latest posts

Back