The Ultimate Panel @ Wizard World: Philly.

Goodwill said:
The one title that appeals to me most right now is the Fantastic Four... I'm a softy when it comes to time travel and to have all of the continuity problems handled through all of this sounds like a cool ride. Can't wait to see more of these terrorists. Who has that kind of technology to send people back in time like that?

Doom?

An interesting thought that I would love to see happen, but I was thinking of a more revamped Kang. ;) Doom sounds better, though.

Considering he sent the FF back in time in 616 in some of the very first issues, I could see something similar happen here.

Just as long as Thing doesn't become Blackbeard the Pirate.

Hey, that doesn't sound too bad... ;) I meant Doom doing similar things in 616.

Also, if Gambit and Rogue are getting married, do you think the X-Men will be there to see it?

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Also, if Gambit and Rogue are getting married, do you think the X-Men will be there to see it?
Nah. Doubt it. I don't think they even know where they're at. Yes, they can find out, but the professor is probably just leaving them alone.

I'd like some moments where we just see a couple of the X-Men instead of them all being involved.

But I bet Wolverine makes his way into it somehow... :D

Caduceus said:
or participating in a vegas drag show?

YES. Holy crap it's like you put my thoughts into words.

ultimatekramer said:
I hope not, because the last person I expect it Aunt May

Michael Jackson? :shock:

I keep having visions of Ultimate Thor fighting Yoda. Thor's swinging around Mjolnir like a lightsaber and Yoda's jumping around in the air. And then General Grievous and Batman come along.

I hope this is a comic coming out.

Hot damn, this looks like some fun stuff. Definitely looking forward too X-Men, should be fun, and I might pick up Spiderman to check Moon Knight out (always had a liking for the character). I'm really excited about FF though. I just love Lands art and with Millar writing I think its going too be some great fun. That shot of the terrorist holding the little fish-thing (I imagine, our ancient ancestor) is just great.

icemastertron said:
• Also, in Mark Millar and Greg Land's Ultimate Fantastic Four story, the team is sent to stop time-traveling terrorists who have gone back in time, intent on squashing humankind's distant ancestor just as it crawls out of the ocean.
Just the right kind of Saturday morning cartoon style giddy madness I like in my Fantastic Four.

Yeah, sorry to say guys, but I think that they are a winning team. Especially if they are really going to tackle Apocolypse in their arc.

Some other new/worded slightly different/funny tidbits about the Panel from other sites.

CBR:
"Asked whether an Ultimate Ultron would be appearing, Barber and Lowe acknowledged that Hank Pym is now designing robots. He back-engineered Vision II from the first Ultimate version of the Vision, who was Herald to Galactus. When Hank Pym builds a robot, it can't go well."

Comicon:
"The Ultimate Defenders will appear in the Ultimates annual. This annual will also give a taste of what an "Ultimate SHIELD" comic would be like."

"The Ultimate X-Men annual will include Juggernaut and will account for what happened to Las Vegas after it was destroyed in Ultimate FF."

"The interior art shows Ben Grimm winning a violent argument with a dinosaur. The storyline behind the art is that terrorists have gone back in time to capture the first creature to crawl from the sea and hold it for ransom. The FF have gone back to stop them. According to John Barber on the panel, "They don't succeed. All Ultimate titles will be blank from now on. This will help us keep on schedule."

"The covers of Ultimate Iron Man 3 and 4 have what seem to be progressively older versions of Tony Stark. There will be two five-issue miniseries written by Orson Scott Card, but the artist on the second series has not yet been fixed. Card was given a free hand to develop Tony Stark's history. There are apparently revelations coming about how Stark's "powers" work that will make Ultimate Iron Man a more tragic figure. On a related note, since Iron Man's Ultimate debut was in a Marvel Team Up story that is inconsistent with later appearances, the panel promised that continuity issues with the MTU stories will be resolved."

"The last Ultimate X-Men arc with the current creative team is called "Magnetic North," and features Lorna Dane and Magneto. There will also be a Havok-Cyclops fight. Xavier's cat Mystique will return in issue 65. Ultimate Apocalypse will show up "by the time Vaughn stops working on the book ... at all."

"The Ultimates will get hints that the Hulk survived his execution. Hank Pym has been seen working on an Ant-Man helmet; he needs a new identity, since the government holds the copyright on Giant-Man. The sanity of Thor, the identity of the Ultimates' traitor, and the results of Pym's work with robotics will be addressed in Ultimates 2 #s 7-12."

"Nick Fury's grumbling that it's time for Peter Parker to lose his powers signals a rising storyline. Fury doesn't want any superhumans not controlled by the government, and the Hobgoblin incident has shown Fury how hard Spider-Man is to control."

ultimatekramer said:
Some other new/worded slightly different/funny tidbits about the Panel from other sites.

CBR:
"Asked whether an Ultimate Ultron would be appearing, Barber and Lowe acknowledged that Hank Pym is now designing robots. He back-engineered Vision II from the first Ultimate version of the Vision, who was Herald to Galactus. When Hank Pym builds a robot, it can't go well."

Comicon:
"The Ultimate Defenders will appear in the Ultimates annual. This annual will also give a taste of what an "Ultimate SHIELD" comic would be like."

"The Ultimate X-Men annual will include Juggernaut and will account for what happened to Las Vegas after it was destroyed in Ultimate FF."

"The interior art shows Ben Grimm winning a violent argument with a dinosaur. The storyline behind the art is that terrorists have gone back in time to capture the first creature to crawl from the sea and hold it for ransom. The FF have gone back to stop them. According to John Barber on the panel, "They don't succeed. All Ultimate titles will be blank from now on. This will help us keep on schedule."

"The covers of Ultimate Iron Man 3 and 4 have what seem to be progressively older versions of Tony Stark. There will be two five-issue miniseries written by Orson Scott Card, but the artist on the second series has not yet been fixed. Card was given a free hand to develop Tony Stark's history. There are apparently revelations coming about how Stark's "powers" work that will make Ultimate Iron Man a more tragic figure. On a related note, since Iron Man's Ultimate debut was in a Marvel Team Up story that is inconsistent with later appearances, the panel promised that continuity issues with the MTU stories will be resolved."

"The last Ultimate X-Men arc with the current creative team is called "Magnetic North," and features Lorna Dane and Magneto. There will also be a Havok-Cyclops fight. Xavier's cat Mystique will return in issue 65. Ultimate Apocalypse will show up "by the time Vaughn stops working on the book ... at all."

"The Ultimates will get hints that the Hulk survived his execution. Hank Pym has been seen working on an Ant-Man helmet; he needs a new identity, since the government holds the copyright on Giant-Man. The sanity of Thor, the identity of the Ultimates' traitor, and the results of Pym's work with robotics will be addressed in Ultimates 2 #s 7-12."

"Nick Fury's grumbling that it's time for Peter Parker to lose his powers signals a rising storyline. Fury doesn't want any superhumans not controlled by the government, and the Hobgoblin incident has shown Fury how hard Spider-Man is to control."

Everything is going according to plan.

They don't succeed. All Ultimate titles will be blank from now on. This will help us keep on schedule." :D :lol:

Well what the **** happened to Ultimate Vision I then!?
Comicon:
Sweet... still nothing revealing.

This is VERY GOOD NEWS. I love continuity between titles matching up.
Good joke?

Stark's "powers"? I don't like the sound of that. Continuity issues resolved... I very much like the sound of that :)
AWESOME!!

I want the Hulk storyline to branch off on it's own.... :(

The rest sounds all right.

Sounds lame to me.

Thanks man :D all great news. Im looking so forward to the upcoming months in the ultimate universe

Yeah, all of this sounds like a spectacular year to end my comic reading on. ;) I can't wait to get through all of this stuff and talk about the lasting effects of such things happening as Apocolypse showing up, time travel, etc. I think it should be a good run for the Ultimate Universe (Yes, including Ultimate Spider-Man... It seems interesting that SHIELD is going to be taking a more hands-on approach to controlling Spider-Man and probably Moon Knight ;)).

ultimatekramer said:

Awesome - sounds like Thor returns.

Well, as I've said, it would probably be hard for Millar to write off these characters. I doubt that he would do that when they've been fleshed out pretty well.

Latest posts

Back