The Ultimate Universe A to Z

roguefan

helping myself to your chocolate biscuits
I've decided to do something creative during my long days of the holiday, so I'm going to do an Ultimate Universe A to Z! I'm not going to just include characters because that would be to boring. Instead, I'm going to add one new letter a day with detailed explanations. So, here we go with Day 1: A!

A is for Animal Evolutionaries

The animal evolutionaries were not used in 616, instead they were a completely new group of mutants. Sure, Beast could have been called one in the 616, but his change was brought about by himself - via chemicals.

Many animal evolutionaries were in the new Brotherhood, made by Quiksilver and Scarlet Witch. The 'leader' of these mutants was Prosiminian, who was killed by Magneto soon after he was revealed to be alive and well. The rest of these seem to have disappeared for the moment.

Good plan.

Though I would dispute that Beast could be considered an evolutionary since he began as a post human. The animal evolutionaries are to the rest of the animal kingdom as mutants are to our own, though through artificial means (i think).

Time for Day 2, and today the letter is B!

B is for Battles

The Battles have always been a major part of the Ultimate Universe. From the very first battle between Spidey and the Green Goblin the Ultimate writers and pencillers (as well as inkers and colourists) have had a lot to live up to.

And most of them have done it. The latest battle in the UU (Ultimate Fantastic Four - Crossover) has been dealt with brilliantly and beautifully. Millar's twisting plots have been excellent, and it looks as thoiugh the future for the UU Battles is going to be bright.

C is for Continuity

Continuity is the main reason that the Ultimate Universe was created. Due to 40+ years of storylines, characters and scenarios, the bosses at Marvel thought it was time to start anew.

The first title, Ultimate Spider-Man managed to get the UU off to an amazing start, followed by Ultimate X-Men, The Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.

However, there are some mistakes in the UU continuity, even after five years. We're still not sure what came first (The Ultimates or The Fantastic Four) and did, or did not Tony Stark go to college with Reed Richards???

Hopefully, many of these mistakes can be cleared up soon, before more mistakes can be made.

roguefan said:
C is for Continuity

Continuity is the main reason that the Ultimate Universe was created. Due to 40+ years of storylines, characters and scenarios, the bosses at Marvel thought it was time to start anew.

The first title, Ultimate Spider-Man managed to get the UU off to an amazing start, followed by Ultimate X-Men, The Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.

However, there are some mistakes in the UU continuity, even after five years. We're still not sure what came first (The Ultimates or The Fantastic Four) and did, or did not Tony Stark go to college with Reed Richards???

Hopefully, many of these mistakes can be cleared up soon, before more mistakes can be made.

Actually, we're sure now. Check the timeline thread for proof from the man himself, Mark Millar.

Here's the link, the post I'm referring to is about halfway down the page:

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293&page=5&pp=15

Yeah, but Johnny goes to school with Peter before he's famous. So the gap between the FF having the accident and the crash landing of annihilus' ship wasn't actually mentioned in the comics?

Guijllons said:
Yeah, but Johnny goes to school with Peter before he's famous. So the gap between the FF having the accident and the crash landing of annihilus' ship wasn't actually mentioned in the comics?

Not specifically. Why would they? Johnny just sitting around talking to Spidey about how much time has passed since he got his powers? I don't think so.

DIrishB said:
Not specifically. Why would they? Johnny just sitting around talking to Spidey about how much time has passed since he got his powers? I don't think so.
No, I don't mean in the Spidey books, but in the FF book. In USM we have a big "six months later", and a full year gap in the Ultimates.
So, if the FF were around before the Ultimates and Spiderman and the Ultimates interacted before Spidey met Johnny then their is an undisclosed time gap between the transporter accident and the Vegas crash which forced the FF into fame.

Guijllons said:
No, I don't mean in the Spidey books, but in the FF book. In USM we have a big "six months later", and a full year gap in the Ultimates.
So, if the FF were around before the Ultimates and Spiderman and the Ultimates interacted before Spidey met Johnny then their is an undisclosed time gap between the transporter accident and the Vegas crash which forced the FF into fame.

Yes, and the timeline reflects that. And in the USM book, its at least nine months, not six. Anyway, this really belongs in the Timeline thread, so we should continue this there.

Nice stuff Roguefan. What's coming up for D?

D is for Death

There have been many deaths in the UU (yet not as many as the 616 Universe - yet!). Many have been seen as mistakes, some as good deaths, but there is one thing we are unsure about - can people be revived in the UU?

So far, yes. General Ross returned from the dead after being blown up in Ultimate X-Men, but Beast and Gwen Stacy have still stayed dead. It may not be long, however, until we see one of these characters rise...

The reason for this is the speculation on the new Ultimate Spider-Man annual. Some people seem to think that it may be Gwen Stacy who returens to be Peter's new girlfriend. If it is, then does that mean that the rule of 'Dead means Dead' doesn't apply also in the Ultimate Universe?

Last edited:
Let's all just piss this guy off.

Latest posts

Back