The Ultimate Universe Panel presented by CBR.

Ice said:
Yes, I know. But all still applies.
Oh I know, and I agree. Better to follow your own different path than to try to immitate others and get a halfdone result. Doesn't mean you have to like the finished product just because they have standards though :wink:

Ultimate Warrior said:
Oh I know, and I agree. Better to follow your own different path than to try to immitate others and get a halfdone result. Doesn't mean you have to like the finished product just because they have standards though :wink:
Of course. Everyone has their own tastes.

Some tidbits from Newsarama's report:

• Asked about the possibility of an Ultimate Thor limited series, Loeb - who had earlier revealed Ed McGuinness loved both and Hulk and Thor - said they'd do a Ultimate Thor series if they had the right artist. Loeb said they'd need to find an artist who could do, "Really powerful, strong art in a painted style," but said they haven't found that artist yet, leaving the impression his words might have been a tease of some kind.

• Asked about characters that haven't been seen in promotion art for Ultimates 3 & 4, Loeb said at the end of Ultimates 2 the team will go through changes that might be due to the Grim Reaper (presumably the metaphorical Reaper, not the Marvel supervillain) showing up and some due to personal changes the characters go through. But he suggested the team that shows up in Ultimates 3 probably won't the same team that closes out Ultimates 2.

Loeb needs to stop taking over books and start thinking about doing quality work within the 7 he has now...

ProjectX2 said:
Loeb needs to stop taking over books and start thinking about doing quality work within the 7 he has now...

When's his first book out? I can't remember - is it soon? I know he's taking over Wolverine, but that's issue #50, and Ultimates 3 won't be out till at least next year.

Ice said:
There isn't one shown. It's just talked about.
I found a picture of the drawing.
ultimates.jpg

Goodwill said:
That thing is SICK.

:lol:

And you guys doubted Mad? Pssh...

It's ok. It looks like fanart I would see on a subway. Like I said...it's good but I'm not too impressed.

And now for some speculation questions:

• I can only assume that's Wasp?
  • Is that hinting that Black Panther will join the Ultimates in he and Loeb's upcoming run?
  • And if it is the Ultimates that Venom is fighting----is it just me or did anyone else notice that person in the background? Possibly a new look for Hawkeye? And if so....does anyone else think that he looks like Grifter from WildCATS?

Nice find, Max in posting it first (just to give credit where its due). But thanks for the others for posting as well, specially UW for the better view of it.

I think it looks great. Coloring is pretty cool. And if that's not Wasp, who else could it be? :wink:

Last edited:
Ice said:
And that's not Wasp, who else could it be? :wink:

Come on...give me more credit than that. 8) Now you know that I thought about that too. :wink:

The color scheme, the mask, the hair color. You know who I thought it was. But the wings and size thing threw me off. It just didn't make sense.

ultimatedjf said:
You can see the slide in its full glory here.
From the article behind the link:
Ultimate X-Men #75, written by Tyler Kirkman with artwork by Ben Oliver, will see the "debut of Ultimate Cable," which Quesada promises would be nothing like fans expect.
So Robert Kirkman's quitting the title after 9 issues and will be replaced with his talentless no-good brother?

i thought it was grifter too when i first looked at it, but hmm, metal arm? ultimate nick fury post ultimates 2? haha j/k......or am i?

Latest posts

Back