The Ultimates 2 #12 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

My goodness goodness me !!!!!!!!!!
If this isn't the greatest ultimate comic ever created then I don't know what is !!

Where to start ......... ????????????????

First of all it was great to see all the Ultimates finally show off exactly what they can do when the chips are down I mean Quicksilver has been talking about what he's done for the team but we finally get to see just exactly what.. and how fast the guy actually goes about his business !!!

Every hero gave us a glimpse into just exactly what they're capable of and the title of "the Avengers" was inspired !! Now they almost (I dont want to pre-empt the ending of the story) are the worlds greatest heroes !!

Being British (Scottish) it sent a nice tingle down my spine to see Captain Britain and his euro friends appear to help with the effort and the Ultimate hero breakout page is one of my favorite double pagers this year no competition !!

Onto the delays........... 5 double page spreads including the cover, issue and a half, almost every single ultimate hero ever portrayed, a hardcore fight scene which encompassed the entire issue with what can only be described as quality dialogue !! .................. I can handle the delays if this is what I can expect !!

6/5................<<<<<<< first and I hope not the only time ( I may have to scale it out of 10 for the next issue !! 7 of 6)

Thank you Marvel

I hope they explain what the Union's plan was. I'm hoping it's not dress up in civilian identities and walk out of the building or something, fly to America, and fight.

That's just stupid.

I hope they explain what the Union's plan was. I'm hoping it's not dress up in civilian identities and walk out of the building or something, fly to America, and fight.

That's just stupid.

I'm pretty sure that was their plan. Just fly over and use their secret identities as an element of surprise.
I was a little underwhelmed, too. Though I really liked the Secret Identities thing, their panels in #11 made it sound like they had something really, really creative up their sleeve.

This issue was awesome... I had no clue it was gonna turn out like it all did... and the surprise "to be continued" i think was genious... Millar is gonna milk this book for what its worth...

Cap ruled *** as usual his fight could've lasted longer and i wouldve liked to see Al-Rahman survive but oh well.

Hawkeye already proved himself to the world when he killed the guys who murdered his family with his fingernails and rescused the team singlehandedly other than that this wasnt his issue... "Darth Maul wants his lightsaber back, mother******!!!" Who didnt see that line coming?

Hulk did his thing... 'nuff said about that... he beat abomination the same way he beats all his villains... It's now proven, you really can't out think the hulk... (I'm talking to you Reed Richards.)

As for the Wasp... Thank God she's finally using the Giant man Serum... I've been waiting for that since she started doing it in the 616.

On Iron Man's Iron Man 6 armor i was kinda disappointed... It was predictable that it was gonna be huge... that was prolly his solution to another Alien invasion... and Fury isnt gonna have to worry about Tony using it again because Loki is gonna fry that thing in the next issue... right off the bat.

Quicksilver showing actually what he can do was awesome... He "pwned" this issue... But when hasn't he..? For christ sake the guy saved the president's life and took down thor before... he's earned his keep... I see him being key to taking down Loki next issue (I'm hoping)... "I was hitting those numbers when I still had pimples!" Priceless!!!

And the MVP goes to... Hank Pym!!! Yes, HANK PYM!!! Regardless if he's telling the truth or not... that was the best move ever made in Ultimate History! I'm thinking Hank told Jan about the Liberators when she went to his house that's where she got the serum she just didnt believe him... but it wouldnt hurt to know that they rekindled their relationship too... i doubt it but i can dream.

Oh did anyone notice that Hitch drew Fury with both his arms on the page when they decide to go save the president? (Pg. 18 including ads. and title page/ panel 4)

Over on Millarworld, Hitch has stated that the next issue's script is for 40 pages.

Cap's gay?! Well, that explains why he doesn't try to create mutant winged muscle-babies with Janet every other panel like any sane, straight man would!

Over on Millarworld, Hitch has stated that the next issue's script is for 40 pages.

Interesting since Millar stated it would be normal-sized.

Hmmm....

Yeah, February is looking about right. If we're lucky.

I loved this issue, at least 6 out of 5. I loved hulk's return best, and, as with many of you, thors return has become my background. I liked hurricanes death as much as the next guy, but the best comic book death ever? hardly. I still think this is quite possibly the best comic i have ever read, honestly. and i have a confession to make, I used to hate the ultimates, but the second arc of ultimates 2 has converted me, it has become easily my most loved and favorate comic. Now, lets hope for an issue 12 before the end of the year.

I dont think so, I've yet to see a rainbow. There is a big clothes pin though.

C'mon philly has the largest Pride festival in the U.S. for christ sake... it may not be the capital but it damn sure has the largest gay tourism market... and i've seen the clothes pin... its pretty cool

Now to fix my mistake... Captain America simply rules everything and "kicks" ***.... is that better!

best single issue of a comic in living memory.

5/5

only one thing is left bothering me :

the team took down Thor by removing his belt.

how do you explain this away if he really is a god?

Latest posts

Back