The Ultimates 2 #12 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

best single issue of a comic in living memory.

5/5

only one thing is left bothering me :

the team took down Thor by removing his belt.

how do you explain this away if he really is a god?
I'm confused about the question because of the "away" but I think you're referring to how is Thor's powers based off of the belt?

It's actually been discusses a few times here. In actual Norse Mythology Thor couldn't handle the hammer unless he was wearing the belt.

It has been discussed like that, and I believe, though it looked like the Scarlet Witch, it was really Loki telling Quicksilver to give it one more go, which lead to him actually getting the belt.

So, Loki's a *****

It has been discussed like that, and I believe, though it looked like the Scarlet Witch, it was really Loki telling Quicksilver to give it one more go, which lead to him actually getting the belt.

So, Loki's a *****

Why Loki? Scarlet Witch could easily said it because she was actually hurted by Captain Britain. Why Loki would have to do it?

The hamer doesn't work if the belt is not on, it's in the norse mythology, somewhere. But I think he should have super strenght even so.

Why Loki? Scarlet Witch could easily said it because she was actually hurted by Captain Britain. Why Loki would have to do it?

The hamer doesn't work if the belt is not on, it's in the norse mythology, somewhere. But I think he should have super strenght even so.

Well, I think the hammer would work in any case, it's just he can't wield it without the belt.

Well, I think the hammer would work in any case, it's just he can't wield it without the belt.

I don't think so. I think there's a "worthiness" factor, isnt' there? Not just anyone can even pick it up, much less use it.

I don't think so. I think there's a "worthiness" factor, isnt' there? Not just anyone can even pick it up, much less use it.

That was the case in 616, and I hope it's the case here too, but it hasn't said for certain.

Well, because she was knocked unconcious by the thrown body of Cap. Britian, then in a couple panels she's made it across the battlefield and talked to QUicksilver?

In my opinion, I think it was Loki egging Quicksilver on. Without that moment, the battle would have been lost.

There is nothing that proves that she was unconcious and no way to measure the distance between them. It is possible that they were close and she manipulated him to get Thor.

Did you read all the posts? Or did you just read Quickie's post and make something up to respond to it?

lol... I thought the exact same thing when I read Hibikis post.

Back to Quicksilvers argument, I think it would be both possible and cool if Loki was the one who told Ult.Quick to grab the belt. And hopefully Loki does get a monologue in U2#13, I'd like to see his plot explained from his point of view.

I am ashamed to say that despite being a huge 616 Thor fan, I was unaware that in Norse mythology he could not wield Mjolnir without the belt (was it still the "belt of strength" as Marvel termed it?). When the belt was taken Thor just screamed for his father, so I put possibly undue emphasis on the importance of the belt possibly being the source of his powers.
Still the best comic book series I've read in my life, though :D

Roll on #13...are we taking bets on it shipping end December 2006 as promised by Millar & Hitch :wink: :D

I figured it out! Darth Red's W stands for....Ultimate Warrior!
No, it stands for Wed Skull, silly wabbits.

Daredevil is pretty famous but Nighthawk isn't, although he was still shown. That is kind of odd, don't you think?
Yeah, because when you're all running into battle against a multi-ethnic group of superhuman terrorists, it's important that the FAMOUS people are in view of the comic camera.

"Nighthawk, stay behind!"

"What the goddamn eff for?"

"The famous dudes need to be in view of the camera!"

"Oh ****, I didn't really think of that.

im making a colage of all the deaths in this comic , im just missing the panel with wasp stepping on swarm. i dont have the comic so can somebody please post the panel or panels of it??????

Welcome. And here;
Ultimates012-page20.jpg

Latest posts

Back