the Ultimates Annual (speculation)

Spade said:
Tigra
Falcon
Vision
one of the giant men (perferibly someone named scott :wink: )
war machine

and any other characters we have seen but havent herd from in a while

note- scott was an ant man but wats the diff rite?

Falcon - Nightmare... possibly
Vision - Nightmare n' Ultimates #6... possibly
Ant-Man... appeared somewhere already
War Machine- see Ultimate Iron Man plug

Yeah, trying to see who is on this new team is gonna be tough...

Rhyo said:
http://themagazine.millarworld.tv/

click on the cover, and then in the index page is a link to the advance review by some fellow MWers. I could just give the link, but there are LOTS of great articles in there (Bryan Hitch interviews Jim Lee among them) and I know they worked hard on putting the magazine together, so... do the clicky thing and browse the whole magazine.

Let's not stray from the original speculation threads guys. I hate when there's 15 different threads.

Anyway the interview left me in kinda of a not so pumped for the annual kind of mood. Sounds like it's pure entertainment and not really a whole lot of insight into the Ultimates. I know it says it's a "behind the scenes" type deal but it also says it could easily be a standalone. So....

We have the name of a character, Nix. Bachelor party should be cool, along with with the appearance of Betty again, and Jarvis hatred for Natasha. I just hope Alice is right and they further some suspicions, regardless of who it is, on the traitor. With all the talks of these characters and Defenders where are the reserves going to come into play here?

Regardless of how delightful this may be I'm kind of annoyed there's no regular Ultimates this month and we have to wait for the real action.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:lol: Yes. But I think I brought it up before the pot thing even. Now I think it's doubtful but would be a major unseen twist if it was.
Hehe, love to see it though, opening frame of Ultimates #8 sees a pot fly in from nowhere to take the bullets for Hawkeye.

I'm not reading 9 pages before posting, so someone might have said what i'm going to:

ok, from that cover that was released, this is what i'm seeing.

Goliath, the best of the Giant-men, Scott Lang, or some random guy meaning he'll bite it.

The two Iron Men suits are "War Machines," and are suits, not robuts.

The rest of the guys are Captain Europes.

So the team is gonna be mostly just soldiers that have been made into Super-Men.

Guijllons said:
Hehe, love to see it though, opening frame of Ultimates #8 sees a pot fly in from nowhere to take the bullets for Hawkeye.

Haha, that's the kind of thing I'd put in a movie if I directed.

Also, this was let slip...

The Rocketman looks like a mix of Iron Man with the Mandroids meets mecha sensibilities.

One of the Reserves is called
The Rocketman?

Or he was just being descriptive...

MM has just mentioned that the Annual is not exactly a stand-alone ("it's very directly linked to the series") and does have a big traitor ID hint in it....

Rhyo said:
MM has just mentioned that the Annual is not exactly a stand-alone ("it's very directly linked to the series") and does have a big traitor ID hint in it....
Awesomeness! Pure, pure awesomeness.

Well, it's not like some of us weren't going to buy it ANYWAY. It's just a little more incentive. B&F Moderator Peyton threw out another hint, too, about when the Annual slots into the Ultimates storyline:
"As you'd know from the [MillarWorld] Magazine advance review, we believe it takes place at the same time as 7. This is important"

iceman said:
The two Iron Men suits are "War Machines," and are suits, not robuts.

The rest of the guys are Captain Europes.

So the team is gonna be mostly just soldiers that have been made into Super-Men.

I don't think the suits are Iron Man suits, based off Tony's reluctance to see his technology used by others for less-than-honorable purposes. I think they're definitly based off some of the IM tech, but nowhere near as powerful as his. Seems like a viable fail-safe for Tony just in case.

Latest posts

Back