the Ultimates Annual (speculation)

I have to say I'm torn. On one hand I love the ambiguity, but on the other, I want Hitllar to fully state what he was so that in 20 years the "New Kid" doesn't come along and do his own thing and **** it up.

I'm thinking about "all-new team", the fact that the cover of the annual was a slight spoiler for issue #6, which leaves me with two ideas:

1. Nick Fury's Reserves are all Ultron/Vision style robots (not Hank's but developed by someone else) and the Annual cover was a pic of Nick Fury dressed as Uncle Sam standing next to a robot dressed as Uncle Sam.

2. Nick Fury's Reserves consist of SHIELD agents either in giant form or in Iron Man-style armor. Wouldn't it be interesting if, in the course of the annual, we discover that "Pym particles", especially when used to increase height past the 60' limit, lead to mental instability (somewhat like the 616) and the entire "giant" team goes roughly berserk?

It seems that I've read somewhere though that Fury puts the team together to SOLVE a problem, not create one, though, which screws up my pretty pet theories.

I don't think there will be Iron-men because doesn't the suit cost an ungodly amount of money and you also need a huge crew of people to work on one suit so I dont belive so..............

We're still stuck with the "slight spoiler for issue #6" thing. What happened in that issue that we *didn't* know prior?

--Hank's two robots being functional.
--The plethora of giant-men (except that the cover for #7 had already been released by then and it showed several pairs of giant feet.)
--The existence of more Iron Men (as mentioned in the newspaper article -- but didn't we sort of know that because of Natasha's suit?)
--The existence of the Defenders (except Millar ruled that out and the cover for #6 had been released far prior, so we'd already had a look at the Defenders.)

That pretty much just leaves the robots. What am I missing from issue #6?

Rhyo said:
--The existence of more Iron Men (as mentioned in the newspaper article -- but didn't we sort of know that because of Natasha's suit?)

He only said it was a birthday present for her - I don't recall any mention that there were *any* additional suits, much less any used by SHIELD.

Well, not yet... Someone mentioned in another thread that, along with the Giant Men, there would be more Iron Men. At least, that was what someone interpreted it as.

Goodwill said:
Well, not yet... Someone mentioned in another thread that, along with the Giant Men, there would be more Iron Men. At least, that was what someone interpreted it as.

Eh? I don't care about that, I'm talking about in the book.

It's a clip from the "Daily Bugle" article under Hank Pym's giant naked butt (apparently you were all distracted and not reading the text -- imagine that!)

The text is cutely cut-off, but what it says is:

"...Not only are they soldiers trained in combat, with experience in the Gulf, but with Dr. Brankin's new treatments we have raised their ceiling height to just under two hundred feet--that's more than three times the height of Pym at his best. These giant men and the people we have training in Tony Stark's specially commissioned military exo-suits will make our Superhero Human Defense Initiative the greatest in the world..."

So, yeah, there are people running around in some kind of exo-suits. Maybe not Stark's Iron Man armor, exactly, maybe they've developed a "lesser" version that doesn't quite need all the support? And I still say it would be interesting if "Dr. Brankin's new treatments" turned out to have some ugly side effects.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
It's a clip from the "Daily Bugle" article under Hank Pym's giant naked butt (apparently you were all distracted and not reading the text -- imagine that!)

Sometimes I learn things about myself I'd rather I hadn't. :shock:

Rhyo said:
So, yeah, there are people running around in some kind of exo-suits. Maybe not Stark's Iron Man armor, exactly, maybe they've developed a "lesser" version that doesn't quite need all the support? And I still say it would be interesting if "Dr. Brankin's new treatments" turned out to have some ugly side effects.

I just reread your post and realized I misread it. I was saying that Widow's suit did *not* indicate other suits, which is what you were saying. In the words of MwoF - my bad. :D

Rhyo said:
:pets UltimateE:

Apparently you are still distracted by Giant Naked Butt. It's okay, we understand.

I tried to stop thinking about it...but....I ....just can't..... :cry:

There, there E. *joins in the petting*

On the #6 spoiler, apparently the cover contains a spoiler to #6, and I dunno what the hell that is (it's why the Ultimates annual cover was not released with the others).

Also... 200 feet? That's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

Bass said:

On the #6 spoiler, apparently the cover contains a spoiler to #6, and I dunno what the hell that is (it's why the Ultimates annual cover was not released with the others).

Yeah, and didn't we see Hank in a suit that grew WITH him in an earlier Ultimates issue? He tells the Defenders that the suit is 60' long (his max size) -- of course, he could be lying through his teeth because he doesn't want to use the Giant Man identity. I can't find my V1 to check if his suit grew with him or not. I know in the lab, the first time he grew to full size, his clothing didn't go with him, but I thought they "fixed" that.

Bass said:

Perhaps the cover indicates that Fury is the traitor. He no longer believes in America, so he's taking it by the balls...

Rhyo - he never had a suit that grew with him. And Wasp never had a suit that shrunk. Always needed a mini or maxi suit.

Goody, I don't think that's the spoiler...

What was the image of Fury in the Uncle Sam suit. I saw that somewhere, but now I don't know where it was. I thuoght that was the Ultimates Annual cover...

marvelman said:
What was the image of Fury in the Uncle Sam suit. I saw that somewhere, but now I don't know where it was. I thuoght that was the Ultimates Annual cover...
It's in the August Ultimate Solicititations thread. :wink:

And the Fury Uncle Sam cover is the cover for the Ultimates Annual, but it's edited. So we don't know what the rest of the cover is.

Wait- how about this:

The reason why the cover for this is edited is because the gun (or whatever) Furyy's holdin', has the traitor revealed on it or something? And then we would of found out who was the traitor in issue #6.

Just a thought. :neutral:

Latest posts

Back