The Ultra-Mega Huge Tom Cruise Thread For The Ages, Part 1

Re: Tom Cruise banned by Germany

Back to the original post...

This is ****ing ridiculous. I think Scientology is as much of a scam as anyone(I even wrote a term paper on it last year) but exiling somebody from your entire country because they believe in a religion that you do not is absolutely insane.

And Germany? Way to step outside that stereotype you've been trying to escape for 60 years.:roll:

This is ****ing ridiculous. I think Scientology is as much of a scam as anyone(I even wrote a term paper on it last year) but exiling somebody from your entire country because they believe in a religion that you do not is absolutely insane.

Agreed. Yeah, Scientology is a stupid cult, and maybe I could understand forbidding him from talking about it, but not letting him even into the country? Whatever, Germany.

Now I want to be a scientologist just so I can say I'm exiled from Germany...

And Germany? Way to step outside that stereotype you've been trying to escape for 60 years.:roll:

Ouch. Low blow, dude. Low blow.

They haven't exiled anybody. They just didn't give them permission to film on military bases and other historical landmarks. Tom Cruise can still visit Germany as much as he wants.

They haven't exiled anybody. They just didn't give them permission to film on military bases and other historical landmarks. Tom Cruise can still visit Germany as much as he wants.

Oh. Well, that's okay then. Not really admirable, but not really bad either. Ha, stupid scientologists.

The Firefox spellchecker accepts Scientology as a word, but not "okay" or "spellchecker". There's something very wrong here.

Ah. That's not as bad, but the fact that the only reason he's banned is because of his religious beliefs is still apalling.

We should just exile Scientologists from Earth altogether. See if they floating round in space in DC-8's with rocket engines, let them see if they can hunt down Xenu and have a big intergalactic war..

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Dude this so makes up for World War One.

I saw a Scientology guy giving a person a free thetan readings two blocks for the convention center, I almost attacked him screaming "This is for retroactively ruining every Tom Cruise move!" Seriously I dont like Scientology

Germany Bans Tom Cruise
The German government has banned Tom Cruise from filming scenes for his new movie at military sites in the country because he is a Scientologist. In the film, titled Valkyrie, Tom plays Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, the leader of the 1944 plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler. Producers had hoped to give the film authenticity by filming key scenes at German sites, but were refused permission due to the star's controversial beliefs. The German defence ministry said that Scientology masqueraded as a religion to make money, and that Tom Cruise had "publicly professed to being a member of the Scientology cult."

This is both funny and tragic.

*snicker* *gasp*

See?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love those Germans.
*twitch*

I understand his reason behind it, not wanting to be known as Harry Potter for the rest of his life...

but was doing a horse really nessacary?
YES.

That's the only way to break from your child-star image and save your career. Danny Bonaducci must've been kicking himself when he heard about that. "Why didn't I think of that!"

They're just banning him from official sites which they're totally allowed to do.

And plus, the guy he plays in the movie - Claus von Stauffenberg - is a huge national hero in Germany. Since Germans view Scientology quite clearly as a cult and a total scam religion, they're especially pissed off that Tom Cruise is playing such a beloved figure in German history.
We should just exile Scientologists from Earth altogether. See if they floating round in space in DC-8's with rocket engines, let them see if they can hunt down Xenu and have a big intergalactic war..
"We thought you guys wanted to go to space!"

This is a huge relief. Ever since I saw Cocktail when I was a kid, I've been terrified that Tom Cruise is going to break into my house and smother me in my sleep. Now I have sanctuary.

Germany, here I come.

Although I wholly accept that Scientologists are a big bunch of creepy crackpots, they have done some good in the world. During Katrina, John Travolta flew in and delivered medical supplies and food to the homeless, while Christians were sitting around praying. That deserves some kudos.

My friends went into the Scientology Headquarters here in Dublin, as a joke, a few months ago. My friend Peter was so freaked out by whatever went on in there that whenever he passes the building, he steps as far away as he can from it.

Although I wholly accept that Scientologists are a big bunch of creepy crackpots, they have done some good in the world. During Katrina, John Travolta flew in and delivered medical supplies and food to the homeless, while Christians were sitting around praying. That deserves some kudos.

Wait - John Travolta helped, but just because he's a scientologist doesn't mean scientology helped out. Did the church help out, or was it just John Travolta? This is the positive version of going, "That KKK guy lynched a black man - all Christians are racists". Y'know what I mean? Just 'coz Travolta did something good doesn't mean that the church of scientology did something good.

Wait - John Travolta helped, but just because he's a scientologist doesn't mean scientology helped out. Did the church help out, or was it just John Travolta? This is the positive version of going, "That KKK guy lynched a black man - all Christians are racists". Y'know what I mean? Just 'coz Travolta did something good doesn't mean that the church of scientology did something good.
John Travolta doesn't even breath without being audited afterwards. Scientologists are as capable of using something bad for PR purposes as anyone else.

I remember him saying that a lot of scientologists helped out, because of the nature of their religion. Or something.

Latest posts

Back