The Venture Bros. Season Two

Oh man, last night's episode "Hate Floats" might well be my new favorite episode. It was just SOOOO freakin' zany and stuff going on. I mean, the idea of recruiting street gangs to "minion" was just hilarious. And Phantom Limb is great, I love that he is actually a competent villain and the whole interaction he had going on with Brock. That scene at the end though, when Monarch, Venture and the Henchmen go running to battle with all the nerd stuff and Monarch is wearing those big green Hulk fists was just... I can't describe it. Anyways, great episode the series is DEFINITELy in full swing of itself.

The scene last night where the 2 "minions" were "minioning up" again. OMG!!!! :lol:

Pressing the "invisible button" on the closet door....and singing along to the music while putting the costume back on?!?!? I lost it. I mean on the floor, rolling around, screaming in laughter. I lost it.

Victor Von Doom said:
The scene last night where the 2 "minions" were "minioning up" again. OMG!!!! :lol:

Pressing the "invisible button" on the closet door....and singing along to the music while putting the costume back on?!?!? I lost it. I mean on the floor, rolling around, screaming in laughter. I lost it.

Same here.

Boy do I wish I owned the Season One DVD.

the best part was when Brock got shot and when the Monarch was thinking those stupid Lois Lane thoughts.

What made it so funny, to me, was that I saw Superman: the Movie yesterday, had no idea that scene existed, and thought it was the funniest/stupidest thing about that funny/stupid movie.

I couldn't stop laughing when Brock started asking about scars on Dr. Girlfriend. I love that they finally brotched that subject.

Am I the only one who finds it weird seeing Brock without a mullet. I utterly hate mullets, but Brock just doesn't seem right without it.

MaxwellSmart said:
I couldn't stop laughing when Brock started asking about scars on Dr. Girlfriend. I love that they finally brotched that subject.

Am I the only one who finds it weird seeing Brock without a mullet. I utterly hate mullets, but Brock just doesn't seem right without it.

yeah, and now he won't get called "frankenmullet" or "hockey-hair"

MaxwellSmart said:

Did you notice too that Brock seemed tamer and more human in the fight last night? Normally he's ripping people in twain and spazzing on the eye, but last night he seemed to be fighting more conventionally and just one bullet stopped him. I wonder, is his power is related to his hair just like the other Samson?

Yeah, last night's episode rocked. I loved Dean's false revelation that Dr. Girlfriend is their mom.

"Are all these guys your boyfriends, Mommy?"
"Stop calling me your ****ing mommy!"

Brock and Phantom Limb made an awesome team.

"Oh somebody help me! I have been torn assunder! Somebody please kill me now and put me out of my misery!"
"What's wrong with you? For God's sake, just put a bullet in his head!"

I loved when they all put their fists together and the Monarch's Hulk Hand said "Hulk smash puny human!".
MaxwellSmart said:
Honestly, I've never liked the mullet. I think he looks better with the sort of mini-mullet he's got now.

Next week is the return of Molotov Cocktease. If you've seen the ad for the second season that they've been airing (the one where they talk about "testicles being punished"), they show Brock with short hair fighting Molotove with both eyes, meaning that next week we get a good flashback to how the two of them met and became enemies. I can't wait.

I don't know what to watch tonight at 10:30: the new Venture's or the Reno 911! premeire. Of course by asking this in this thread, I already know what you're going to say.

Plus, Venture Season 1 Disc 1 is coming in the mail from Netflix!!

ultimatedjf said:
I don't know what to watch tonight at 10:30: the new Venture's or the Reno 911! premeire. Of course by asking this in this thread, I already know what you're going to say.

Plus, Venture Season 1 Disc 1 is coming in the mail from Netflix!!

Team Venture. No contest.

Plus Comedy Central will air Reno MANY times this week.

Oh man.....last week's episode with Molotov was hilarious!!!! I love the mock S.H.I.E.L.D where Brock was trained.

"AAAAHHHH!!!!! The Indians are back!!!!!"
"What?"
"TEEPEE in your pants!!!!"
"AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"

I love this show.

MaxwellSmart said:

The mullet is all that is man. Brock Samson si a shadow of his former self without it. :cry:

not the previous Sunday's, the upcoming sunday's, I'm pretty sure.

Certain Shows premeire on The Fix. Venture Brothers is one of such shows...

The one up there right now is: Escape to the House of Mummies, Pt. II (which is set up like an oldstyle animated show two-parter, but only the second part exists... heh), which premeires on Adult Swim tomorrow.

Dr.Strangefate said:
not the previous Sunday's, the upcoming sunday's, I'm pretty sure.

Certain Shows premeire on The Fix. Venture Brothers is one of such shows...

The one up there right now is: Escape to the House of Mummies, Pt. II (which is set up like an oldstyle animated show two-parter, but only the second part exists... heh), which premeires on Adult Swim tomorrow.
:lol:

Why the hell would you want to escape to the House of Mummies?

Latest posts

Back