The Venture Bros. Season Two

Just watched the two part season finale... which was fantastic.

David Bowie is the Sovereign (the guy who runs the Guild of Calamitous Intent), and he's a shape-shifting ***-kicking mother****er of a great character. David Bowie also fights Klaus Nomi and Iggy Pop. And he looks awesome. Phantom Limb is the new archnemesis of the Monarch. The Order of the Triad still pretty much sucks, in a highly amusing way... Brock Sampson leads the Monarch's henchmen against phantom limb... And Dean goes on a trippy adventure through his subconscious a la The NeverEnding Story.

Also, Dr. Girlfriend seems to either be Pregnant or a Man. Her being a Man would just be a punchline to her character, while her being pregnant would lead to interesting character development. Especially if the father is Dr. Venture.

Also: I think I just realized The Alchemist is the same voice actor as Master Shake. I could be wrong. But I think I'm right.

I love this series. Like... So ****ing much.

I can't wait for the third season, of which I'm sure there will be one. (That is being a well constructed grammar sentence)

Last edited:
Brock Samson in wing.............David Bowie...............Lando Calrissian's fat-lipped co-pilot.

This show has it all.

Is it wrong that I am attracted to Dr.Girlfriend...........even with that voice? :?

Just watched the two part season finale... which was fantastic.
Also: I think I just realized The Alchemist is the same voice actor as Master Shake. I could be wrong. But I think I'm right.

I love this series. Like... So ****ing much.

I can't wait for the third season, of which I'm sure there will be one. (That is being a well constructed grammar sentence)

Yeah that's definantly Shake's voice.

Unfourtunantly, I only saw the second part, but I wasn't too lost.
David Bowie was awsome, but I wish that he had his panda from season 1 with him.

Yes, it is. And interestingly enough, that's the guy's actual, regular voice.

And when Dr. Girlfriend told The Monarch her secret, I yelled out loud and then proceeded to fall over, laughing hysterically.

I still bet she's pregnant. Her being a man would just be a quick over-and-done gag, while the ongoing suspicion of everyone who meets her thinking she's a man would be less funny...

Her being pregnant with the love child of Dr. Venture or Phantom Limb would build up some great tension in the next season.

ALSO: The Monarch implies she's pregnant at the beginning of Showdown pt. 1... Which is why she gets huffy and almost leaves. She never answers him.

Last edited:
I love that they find out in the season finale that butterfly wings enable you to fly and can be used as floatation devices.

When someone asks me what I've been doing or what I do, I say: "I hunt blaculas."

I love that line. I love that fact that he hunts Dracula's soul brothers. That is the greatest thing ever.

I need to see the rest of The Venture Bros. I wish they'd hurry up and release the DVDs here.

When someone asks me what I've been doing or what I do, I say: "I hunt blaculas."

I love that line. I love that fact that he hunts Dracula's soul brothers. That is the greatest thing ever.

Jefferson Twilight is ****ing hilarious!

Jefferson Twilight----An old friend of Dr. Orpheus. He is a black man who fights blaculas for a living and wields two swords. He is a pastiche of the superhero Blade and the blaxploitation movie protagonist, Shaft. His look and voice are also heavily based on Samuel L. Jackson. As a play on Blade's half-vampire thirst for blood or an artificial replacement, Jefferson Twilight suffers from diabetes and low blood-sugar, leading him to heavily thirst for sugared liquids, such as Nik-L-Nips.

Okay.

Okay.

So I've seen maybe four episodes of this show, at random intervals since hearing about it.

It seems quite funny what I see.

I go to Heroes Con and everyone's watching it. I spend Saturday (evening) in a hotel room with a bunch of fans and professionals in a 'sketch party' which really means - watching THE VENTURE BROTHERS. We saw three episodes, I think.

I didn't like the first one. To be fair, there was a lot of noise from everyone since they'd seen it before, and I hadn't so it was hard to follow.

Then the next one had the "dun dun duh duh" Mars bit with the two Monarch henchmen, and how I laughed (and did that routine all day next day).

When I got back to Atlanta, spurned on by Adam and Allison who had been talking about this show since before we left for Heroes Con, I went DVD shopping (everything is so cheap in the states) but bought a lot of DVDs that weren't THE VENTURE BROS.

So in the mail, I got a 'thank you' present from them which including seasons 1 and 2 of THE VENTURE BROS.

I have almost finished season 1 in about three days and this is one of the funniest shows ever.

Baron Underbeit is amazing. The Monarch is hysterical. I love it. There are bits where I have to stop the damned DVD because of a line like this:

Orpheus: "What did you make this Joy Dome out of?"
Venture: "The heart of an orphan."

Okay - so it's not exact, but damn, did I fall about crying with laughter.

Manic Eightball - superb idea. This is really such a good show.

I wuv it so.

Latest posts

Back