The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

My kids are pumped too. I'm excited to take them to see it.

I saw this today. It was kind of disappointing. The really frustrating thing was that the movie felt like if they had just tried a little harder with the story and the character struggles it would have been a much better film.

The struggle with sin/evil makes for a good character driven story, but they really glossed over a lot of it in favour of trying to fit all of the different islands in (which also all felt rushed). I think while Prince Caspian struggled b/c the original story didn't have enough in it to support a movie, Voyage of the Dawn Treader struggled b/c there was too much in the book for one movie. I know the franchise is struggling so it didn't really warrant this, but I wish they had made this into two separate films instead of one.

Took the kids to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader and it was pretty good. It seemed to move kind of fast - lots going on. But we all liked it.

I don't know if it's keel to like the Chronicles of Narnia movies but I really like them. Prince Caspian was my favorite, then Voyage of the Dawn Treader, then The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe.

Latest posts

Back