The VS thread

What about Argent vs. Jade?

I think Argent would win-all she'd have to do is construct an army or silver plasma drones to overpower Jade and take her out.

Mavericker, this is a game. It's not random fights. If you read the first post you'll see the rules. Right now we're just talking about Hulk vs. Superman.

Mavericker, this is a game. It's not random fights. If you read the first post you'll see the rules. Right now we're just talking about Hulk vs. Superman.

One of Hulk's weaknesses is being able to be put to sleep. All Superman would have to do is find a way to put him to sleep and then take him out.

Superman could fill a lake with tranquilizer, and all he'd have to do is to get Hulk to fall or jump into it. THen Superman could take Hulk down.

How would Hulk respond to adamantium poisoning?

Any one going to choose a side ?

This was actually supposed to be serious.

Hulk can survive in space. The way I remember Lee said it... Superman will just get the Hulk angrier and angrier, The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets thus He would become so strong, Hulk beats Superman. i don't think Space is a factor. Also, if Hulk could get a giant kryptonite version of himself as a decoy, he would also win.

Hulk can survive in space. The way I remember Lee said it... Superman will just get the Hulk angrier and angrier, The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets thus He would become so strong, Hulk beats Superman. i don't think Space is a factor.

That is a very cool point.

Also, if Hulk could get a giant kryptonite version of himself as a decoy, he would also win.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hulk could just fly up in the air, grab a giant chunk of Kryptonite, and come down to earth doing a "Hulk Smash!" on Big Blue.

God, who cares?

If Superman is willing to kill Hulk? Then he wins. He just flys him into space and throws him into the sun. If he isn't, and he probably isn't, then Hulk wins because of his anger issues.

Debate over.

God, who cares?

If Superman is willing to kill Hulk? Then he wins. He just flys him into space and throws him into the sun. If he isn't, and he probably isn't, then Hulk wins because of his anger issues.

Debate over.

It's just for fun dude.

And apparently you cared enough to type that out instead of ignoring the thread.

I wish there was more specifications to this, like what resources they have access to and where they are. There are a ridiculous number of variables depending on what the scenario is. Are we just supposed to assume they've been plopped down in the middle of a huge arena with no prep time or prior information? If so, can they access the outside world? If they couldn't access the outside world, I would guess Hulk, but Superman's super-speed and flying would allow him to win instantly unless he refused to kill him. So basically I agree with Wade.

Also, can you have team vs. team fights or is it just character vs. character?

I wish there was more specifications to this, like what resources they have access to and where they are. There are a ridiculous number of variables depending on what the scenario is. Are we just supposed to assume they've been plopped down in the middle of a huge arena with no prep time or prior information? If so, can they access the outside world? If they couldn't access the outside world, I would guess Hulk, but Superman's super-speed and flying would allow him to win instantly unless he refused to kill him. So basically I agree with Wade.

Also, can you have team vs. team fights or is it just character vs. character?

variables is up to you. The only thing I would say is nothing that goes against their character Too much E.g Green hulk = dumb so he would not think to use krytonite.

Also after 50 replies after I pick the person who I think gave the best answer then it's up to that person if it's team vs. team fights or is it just character vs. character. But state which members as if if they say X-men theres like 10000 different members.

variables is up to you. The only thing I would say is nothing that goes against their character Too much E.g Green hulk = dumb so he would not think to use krytonite.

Also after 50 replies after I pick the person who I think gave the best answer then it's up to that person if it's team vs. team fights or is it just character vs. character. But state which members as if if they say X-men theres like 10000 different members.

50 replies? I'm not sure we have that many regular members. I'd say give it a time limit.

50 replies? I'm not sure we have that many regular members. I'd say give it a time limit.

good idea.

It will end monday the 4th of june at 2 am my time. (9pm eastern time in America for better translation of the time)

after that I say 2 weeks per debate

Are we talking pre-crisis, Planet-moving Superman, 4-year-old-girl Byrne Superman, A modern Superman...? I guess it doesn't really matter.

My first scenario works. Superman throws him into the sun. That said, if this is disqualified for being unrealistic of the characters' moral compass, it doesn't matter.

Superman wins. No matter what. He's always at least as Strong as the Hulk, no matter who's writing him. And we're just talking about Physical strength here, which is not the important part of winning this fight. The Hulk just punches ****...and as dangerous as that makes him, Superman can fly. Literally, he could just fly in the air and look down and the Hulk while he lobotomizes him with his heat vision. Even if the Hulk was at the peak of his rage, he can't ****ing jump high enough to stop Supes from frying his brain. Superman has proven that he has pin point accuracy with his heat vision, even while in space.

But lets assume that they're trapped in an arena, duking it out on the floor. Lets pretend that Superman is weaker than Hulk, even though he isn't; he still wins. He could literally just run circles around Hulk until he got bored and turned back into Banner. He could throw so many punches at him, so fast, that the Hulk wouldn't have time to get angry, because, healing factor or not, he loses when there's nothing left to heal.

He's ****ing Superman. He doesn't lose. He's essentially just a plot device in DCU; he's so powerful that he can't really fight conventional villains anymore. He's the guy who deals with **** when no one else can.

I can't believe you guys roped me into that. I'm done! No more ridiculous match ups for Wade. I mean, unless they interest me.

Are we talking pre-crisis, Planet-moving Superman, 4-year-old-girl Byrne Superman, A modern Superman...?

I would say superman that was strong , could fly but was able to be killed by Doomsday. (I think that is most familiar and the one that would make most equal fight)

Also Nice argument Wade_Wilson

Also the main reason for hulk and superman is I hear (not on here) so many people debating it so I figured that would kick it off.

Also Even though this in Comic section I will allow movie/cartoon/tv charracters as long as they appeared in at least one comic and/or Manga

Superman, and it's not close.

This is based on an open field, non-arena contest between a green Hulk, more or less equivalent to Ang Lee's Hulk, and a pre-Crisis Superman, more or less the movie Superman of Superman Returns. Those are my favorite versions of these characters.

Superman becomes convinced the Hulk is dangerous to Jason, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen or whatever. He could win easily by brute force, but prefers to fight smarter and more humanely.

Superman tunnels under the Hulk, and lifts up the island or piece of ground he's on. If the Hulk smashes through the ground and jumps toward Earth, Superman just puffs him bask on route to space anyway with superbreath and keeps going.

If the Hulk blacks out from the thin air, game over. If not, Superman just accelerates him gradually to and beyond the speed of light, and eventually lets him down lightly on some world with - functionally - sleep gas for atmosphere. Assuming the journey hasn't already bored the Hulk into becoming Bruce Banner, that does it. The Hulk being the Hulk tests the breathability of the atmosphere by breathing it, and likely keels over. But even if the Hulk just sneezes and shrugs off the gas, Superman just does something else, shifting from one humane, non-injurious tactic to another till something works.

The initiative in this fight is completely one sided, and it's an advantage to Superman that he's not an angry guy and doesn't like to beat people's faces in. Because of that, he's not going to get into a slugfest trying to break the Hulk's face and falling foul of the Hulk's growing anger, and that's the only kind of fight the Hulk can win.

Last edited:
Winner and person who picks next vs = Hibiki

Latest posts

Back