The Walking Dead - Timeline

Where does Fear The Walking Dead season 8 fit in this timeline?
According to The Walking Dead wiki the majority of the first episode of FTWD season 8 kicks off just before TWD Season 11, Episode 13 then pretty much runs concurrent. I'm sure @jhed13 will be far more accurate as I only glanced at the wiki quickly haha, but if you start around there the timeline will about add up! :)

According to The Walking Dead wiki the majority of the first episode of FTWD season 8 kicks off just before TWD Season 11, Episode 13 then pretty much runs concurrent. I'm sure @jhed13 will be far more accurate as I only glanced at the wiki quickly haha, but if you start around there the timeline will about add up! :)
I'll stick to whatever jhed13 says. Thanks.

I think a comic book timeline would be cool. It'd be interesting with the Telltale games being in that universe, since theres multiple choices. I thought of thinking about it like all the different options are different timelines, but they all follow the "sacred timeline" of Earth-TWD (comics) or something... but then the Clementine book series seemingly confirms that Clementine didn't go with AJ on her own, since she's not missing a finger.

In other words, all choices lead to the exact same events but the ones where she doesn't go with Kenny or Jane is non-canon. We don't exactly know what specific choices are part of the primary timeline, but for the sake I'd argument lets say the most popular.

(Yes, the Clementine book series is trash and spits on the storyline. No, that doesn't make it non-canon)

I think a comic book timeline would be cool. It'd be interesting with the Telltale games being in that universe, since theres multiple choices. I thought of thinking about it like all the different options are different timelines, but they all follow the "sacred timeline" of Earth-TWD (comics) or something... but then the Clementine book series seemingly confirms that Clementine didn't go with AJ on her own, since she's not missing a finger.

In other words, all choices lead to the exact same events but the ones where she doesn't go with Kenny or Jane is non-canon. We don't exactly know what specific choices are part of the primary timeline, but for the sake I'd argument lets say the most popular.

(Yes, the Clementine book series is trash and spits on the storyline. No, that doesn't make it non-canon)

The Walking Dead 7x8: "Hearts Still Beating
The Walking Dead 7x9: "Rock in the Road"
The Walking Dead 7x10: "New Best Friends"
The Walking Dead 7x11: "Hostiles and Calamities"
The Walking Dead 7x12: "Say Yes"
According to the walking dead fandom wiki page episode 11 takes place after episode 8 and before 9

The Walking Dead 8x1: "Mercy"
The Walking Dead 8x5: "The Big Scary U"
The Walking Dead 8x2: "The Damned"
The Walking Dead 8x3: "Monsters"
The Walking Dead 8x4: "Some Guy"
The Walking Dead 8x6: "The King, the Widow, and Rick"
Ik you have episode 5 set after episode 1 but you watch it before the others it spoils what happens to Ezekiel's army

According to the walking dead fandom wiki page episode 11 takes place after episode 8 and before 9
Just rewatched this and yeah, that makes sense. I'll place it there
Ik you have episode 5 set after episode 1 but you watch it before the others it spoils what happens to Ezekiel's army
Yeah it definitely ruins it. So it's much more recommended to watch seasons in order of release but this is more a chronological watch

I watched all of the original and liked most of it. I also binge watched Dead City? The Maggie & Negan spinoff I was surprised I liked and enjoyed it.

Updated simplified timeline with Fear the Walking Dead season 8 part 2

Reactions: Dok
Out of curiosity, I have to ask if you've thought about accounting for the Day 1 flashbacks in Daryl Dixon episode 2 for the detailed timeline? Might be difficult to pin down, seeing as France was supposedly ground zero for the outbreak and it could be argued that it had kicked off in France long before the infection arrived in the US, but it'd nonetheless be pretty cool to see that included.

Out of curiosity, I have to ask if you've thought about accounting for the Day 1 flashbacks in Daryl Dixon episode 2 for the detailed timeline? Might be difficult to pin down, seeing as France was supposedly ground zero for the outbreak and it could be argued that it had kicked off in France long before the infection arrived in the US, but it'd nonetheless be pretty cool to see that included.
I'm not quite there yet! I just finished up watching all of World Beyond and Fear. Planning on watching Dead City and Daryl Dixon in the coming weeks.

Updated the simplified with The Ones Who Live episode 1. It covers a lot of time within 1 episode so I decided to put it right after episode 1 of World Beyond since it references the big event there.
Since episode 2 looks like it's going to take place after Michonne leaves the main, I'll more than likely place it right there but we'll see what the episode looks like when we get there.
I know arguments can be made for other placements of episode 1 so I'm open to hearing them.

finally watched Daryl, the brief garbled radio call with Carol saying someone "came back" is probably going to be Rick and/or Michonne. still to watch the new one though

finally watched Daryl, the brief garbled radio call with Carol saying someone "came back" is probably going to be Rick and/or Michonne. still to watch the new one though
I don't think so personnally. If it was Rick, Carol would say it to Daryl immediately, while she waited Daryl to finish what he had to say...
I think it was Morgan who returned from Fear imo?

Last edited:
On the simplified viewing order Tales of the walking dead EP 3 Dee would be somewhere between Seasons 8 & 9.
Lydia is nine, turning ten in this episode. Given the fact that she is six during the flashbacks in "Omega", it is around the third year of the apocalypse.
This means this episode likely takes place between Season 8 and Season 9 of the TV Series.

Latest posts

Back