The Wire (spoilers!)

Bass

Nexus of the World
THE WIRE is perhaps the bestest show ever made ever.

I've finished all five seasons now, and heartily recommend it to all.

Let use bask in this awesome show.

What do people have to say about it?

Re: The Wire

I have been waiting to watch it for ages - the first season has been on my DVD rental list for months. I'm thinking about just going out and finally buying it.

It is also Alan Moore's favourite TV show.

It's astoundingly good.

I thought season 5 was about to screw the pooch, and it didn't at all. I don't know how they managed to so effectively balance the emotion of the show.

It's just so incredibly well-researched and realised.

I concur, wholeheartedly. Season Five came close for me, but really pulled it off in the end.
I bought all five seasons at a bargain, and wish I had paid more than full price.

OMAR!

Last edited:

I'd suggest you start... yesterday.

Three awesome scenes:

Bunk and McNulty solve a murder in three minutes and only by using the word "****"
[youtube]KQbsnSVM1zM[/youtube]

Bunk and Freamon get irate at foreigners pretending not to speak english
[youtube]7EeFa8QOq_Y[/youtube]

Bunk getting a confession out of a gangsta teen
[youtube]rN7pkFNEg5c[/youtube]

WARNING: All of the above are filled with swearing, violence and all kinds of nastiness.

DOUBLE WARNING: They are funny as hell and amazing.

OBSERVATION: Bunk is in all three. Huh. I must have a man-crush on him.

Last edited:

I'd suggest you start... yesterday.

Three awesome scenes:

Bunk and McNulty solve a murder in three minutes and only by using the word "****"
[youtube]KQbsnSVM1zM[/youtube]

Bunk and Freamon get irate at foreigners pretending not to speak english
[youtube]7EeFa8QOq_Y[/youtube]

Bunk getting a confession out of a gangsta teen
[youtube]rN7pkFNEg5c[/youtube]

WARNING: All of the above are filled with swearing, violence and all kinds of nastiness.

DOUBLE WARNING: They are funny as hell and amazing.

OBSERVATION: Bunk is in all three. Huh. I must have a man-crush on him.

I recall watching the first scene and thinking, "oh, wow, this is the most realistically written crime-scene investigation....ever..."

bass, which season did you prefer the most? For some reason, I'm still partial to #2...though season 3 and 4 are close seconds.

Last edited:

I honestly don't know.

Season 1, in retrospect, is lack luster compared to what comes after it. I really liked season 2 because of Spiros and the Greek. Season 3 is the 'money shot' season with so much happening in it. It also has Bunny Colvin being amazing. Season 4 has a lot of Cutty who is one of my favourites. And season 5 has a superb plot, and while Colvin and Cutty aren't in it, I really, really, liked Gus.

I'm really not sure. I think I'd have to watch them all over again (the horror).

I honestly don't know.

Season 1, in retrospect, is lack luster compared to what comes after it. I really liked season 2 because of Spiros and the Greek. Season 3 is the 'money shot' season with so much happening in it. It also has Bunny Colvin being amazing. Season 4 has a lot of Cutty who is one of my favourites. And season 5 has a superb plot, and while Colvin and Cutty aren't in it, I really, really, liked Gus.

I'm really not sure. I think I'd have to watch them all over again (the horror).

I really, really want to spend a week just watching The Wire, slowly, taking it in. The first run through was fast, because I didn't want to spoil anything before finishing it,
which made the Omar scene so much more heartbreaking to me.

I showed a friend the McNaulty and Bunk crime scene, and he's saying it is the stupidest writing he's ever heard. This has led to a very long argument, which will cause me to be late to class. But it's worth it.

Sometimes people can get the wrong impression, sometimes people are just not in the right frame of mind to see it.

Get him to watch a full episode of The Wire at some point. See what happens then.

Sometimes people can get the wrong impression, sometimes people are just not in the right frame of mind to see it.

Get him to watch a full episode of The Wire at some point. See what happens then.

That's my plan. The argument eventually turned to him refusing to watch it, and me telling him he really would like it more if it was in context.

I just finished The Wire.

Wow.

Definitely the greatest TV show ever.

I think I might watch it again now.

Last edited:

I have just started on season one today, and will comment more as I watch. so far so good.

that is all

finished Season 1.

they killed Wallace, I liked the Kid....
a very well thought out show anyhow. every action has a reason. not just a lets do this because we can thing.
pagers?, Typewriters with whiteout. I remember those things.....damn I feel old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though the thread is now marked for spoilers, I edited your post because I know there's a lot of people who want to watch the show and haven't yet.

Anyway, that was awful. I was shouting at my TV when that happened. That's when I knew I was hooked.

oh....i thought it already said spoilers....whatever.

but yeah, that sucked ass. and it was his best friend too.

Latest posts

Back