There Is A Superman!

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.
ADVERTISEMENT

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realising their baby was "for real".

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter".

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.

First kryptonite , then the fortress now this! He is real!

Re: There Is A Superman!!!!

They're so retarded...

First of all, a child is not a pet for you to give funny names to or dress up bizarrely as you so choose. A child is a person, who will grow up and will have to deal with life appropriately judging by how well he was parented. So naming him 4real or Superman are both insidiously retarded things to do.

Secondly, if the NZ courts are so against the child being called '4real' because you can't have a number in a first name, why don't they just call the baby 'For-Real'? Isn't that a blatantly obvious compromise?

Ugh...

They're so retarded...

First of all, a child is not a pet for you to give funny names to or dress up bizarrely as you so choose. A child is a person, who will grow up and will have to deal with life appropriately judging by how well he was parented. So naming him 4real or Superman are both insidiously retarded things to do.

Secondly, if the NZ courts are so against the child being called '4real' because you can't have a number in a first name, why don't they just call the baby 'For-Real'? Isn't that a blatantly obvious compromise?

Ugh...

Very well said. Everybody knows that if there's some name you want to give them that's really important to you, like the name of someone who saved your life, but it sucks, like Phineas or Veruca, you make it their middle name. But I don't think For-Real is even middle name worthy. Cretins.

Someone named Phineas or Veruca is going to read this post, aren't they?

Last edited:

If you went through all the of trouble of giving your kid the name Superman, WHY would you then refer to it as 4real?

Gothamite couldn't have said it better. It's ****ing ridiculous what people do to their kids with stupid names these days.

Even my dad almost talked my mom into naming my sister "Sauga"(pronounced Sogga) because "he loves gaelic". My sister hates her name as it is, but I swear, she never would've forgiven him if he'd named her that.

Also retarded is the people who think they're being so cool and original by naming their kids "Atticus" after reading To Kill A Mockingbird. I read about a couple who named their daughter Atticus, because they thought they were going to have a son and got really attached to the name. Then, sometime later, they did have son, and named him Harper Lee. What the **** is wrong with you people?

Last edited:

I predict that this guy is most likely to legally change his name when he gets older.

Only to protect his secret identity...

exactly!

besides how cool would it be to say "Hi i'm superman" and mean it! , of course getting things like passport , pizza , a Job and more would be hard as they will think it's a prank.

But still cool name to have.

I can't believe there is a thread on this stupid piece of NZ news. You're all fools.

I'd love to have a crazy name. Anything but Joe, honestly.

I'd rather be named Joe than Superman a.k.a. 4Real.

Honestly, these parents are insane. First, they have this epiphany and then decide to name their kid after it.... that's reasonable enough. Then, they decide to spell the name differently from the epiphany, which was the whole point(because even "Foreal" wouldn't be THAT insane of a name). But no, they have to spell it in a way that makes no sense. Then, after it's illegal to spell it that way, instead of spelling it the less crazy way, they decide to name him something else and just call him 4Real as a nickname.... WHY legally call him Superman? Why not Jack or Ed or even Clark?

What is he going to call himself, or think of himself as? "Hi, my name's 4Real." "That's a weird name." "Well, my real name is Superman!". Have fun finding a wife with that story.

They're insane, and they're damaging this kid's concept of having a name that's yours, and thus, his concept of identity. This is practically child abuse. What the **** is wrong with people?

"I'm Superman."
"Superman, for real?"
"Yes."

What is he going to call himself, or think of himself as? "Hi, my name's 4Real." "That's a weird name." "Well, my real name is Superman!". Have fun finding a wife with that story.

Superman would not be so forthcoming revealing his identity.

And having a boy's name seems to be a lot less of an issue.

See

See why I don't want to be a parent.

I would cave under the choosing of a name for my kid and throw an absolute nutty like these people obviously did.

Latest posts

Back