"They tricked me...!"

ourchair

Don't you hate when a supervillain says that? When they have the hero in the most dire of circumstances and suddenly the hero manages to say one or two things and trick the villain into his own undoing?

And they're all like, "No fair! You tricked me!!!! Curse you, Richards!!!" And I'm like, "Dude that's entirely the point."

And then they're all like, "That accursed Spider-Man cheated me out of the victory that was rightfully mine!" or "I could've taken you in a fair fight if it wasn't for your insolent subterfuge!"

And I'm like, "Of course you could've taken them in a fair fight! Yes, my dear villainous friend, you are clearly superior in terms of intellect and strength. Even the hero looks like an ant next to you! And you know what? That's exactly why he tricked you! Because, duh, how else was he supposed to win? Hope you set your death ray to "mild itching"?"

Just saying is all.

Guijllons said:
You'd at least expect them to have some sense of fair play, like "Gadzooks Spiderman, nice one!".
Exactly. Or "Gee whiz, Richards, good bluff! Ever considered playing poker?"

Absolutely, whatever happened to adversaries respecting each other as men.
Spiderman sitting down with the Goblin to sort out their differences with a manly arm-wrestle or a game of chess would certainly be an acceptable finish. Of course, should Peter lose, Norman would be string up like a webbed kipper in a flash. But yes, I think he'd see the funny side.

My fav villain lines:
"I'd have gotten away with it too...if not for some crummy luck!" -Bigman, AMZ # 10,
"Spider-Man didn't beat me! It was the fire! If not for the fire, everything would have been differant!"- Doc Ock, AMZ # 11 [I'll give you three guesses as to who started the fire, dang Doc ock was thick-headed]
"Blast you, Spider-Man! If not for your interference...along with that masked Daredevil...I'd have succeeded!" -Ringmaster, AMZ # 16 [Umm, ok, Mr. Master, I could have sworn you wanted spidere-man to come to the circus so you could use him in a scheme. Funny how those stupid plans always backfire, you dumb dolt.]

A friend of mine once shouldted "GRANDMA! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Just like that.

You know what else I've come to hate? "I'll get you' speaches. So he beat you. Move on, find somewhere else to work, because now york obviously isn't working out for you. Maybe Detroit, or Denver. You never hear about super-villianry in denver.

Last edited:
Baxter said:

Just like that.

You know what else I've come to hate? "I'll get you' speaches. So he beat you. Move on, find somewhere else to work, because noew york obviously isn't working out for you. Maybe Detroit, or Denver. You never hear about super-villianry in denver.

Supervillains are signed into contracts against certain superheroes. It's why you never see Scorpion go up against the FF.

ProjectX2 said:
Supervillains are signed into contracts against certain superheroes. It's why you never see Scorpion go up against the FF.

Just what Millar wants us to believe....

Baxter said:

Just like that.

You know what else I've come to hate? "I'll get you' speaches. So he beat you. Move on, find somewhere else to work, because now york obviously isn't working out for you. Maybe Detroit, or Denver. You never hear about super-villianry in denver.
Did you just change your signature to reflect that statement, cause man you beat me to it.

ourchair said:
Did you just change your signature to reflect that statement, cause man you beat me to it.
Heh, no, I just got DD HC V4 and put it in because I'm only about a half hour from The Burgh. I was laughing my *** off.

Latest posts

Back