This whole gold standard thing...

Boondock Jew

Alright,

So after mustering up enough bengies to actually buy my months worth of comicy goodness, I noticed this whole new "gold standard" mess on all the Ultimate covers. Now, at first I'm thinking, "this is nifty, giving all the Ultimate titles a nice, unified look to themselves." This also appeals to my English-major nerdism in making my collection of literary pieces more appealing to the eye.

However, I then started to wonder if this is just another scam to appeal to the horrendous monstrocity of the consumer machine. Besides the fact that I felt the need to buy two versions of each of the issues with the Ultimate Vision arc so that I might see them when I flip though my wonderous collection of mind-candy (I did not indulge in this urge thankfully), I'm also wondering if this is like... a special addition thing... or something.

Anyway, anyone care to clue me into this whole deal? Because that would be awesome.

Thanks,

J

Why two versions of each? Not sure I understand - there aren't any variants for these issues.

Basically the Gold Standard issues are like milestones issues. The issues which contain Ultiamte Vision backstories have them, and issues like Ultimate Spidey #100 will, as well

UltimateE said:
Basically the Gold Standard issues are like milestones issues. The issues which contain Ultiamte Vision backstories have them, and issues like Ultimate Spidey #100 will, as well
And #1's, too, if I remember correctly.

Two issues so when he goes though the covers he can see both the Spider-Man and the Vision without flipping it over.

Pfft. I can't say these covers look bad, but as a marketing concept it sounds so nonsensical. At least when they were just arbitrarily changing the colors it was still no-nosense.

Latest posts

Back