Timeline Hub

Could someone make a supernatural timeline? I think that would go for an interesting timeline.

If no one's interested I might attempt it, I'm not sure

Last edited:
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Some thoughts:
-Could Scorpanok from Transformers perhaps be a leftover from the battle in this movie?

-Transwarp keys allow a person to travel through space and time. What if Unicron was sent back in time at the end of the movie and Earth formed around him?

-Transformers: The Movie and Transformers (2007-2017) themes were used. Music consistency is nice to hear.

-G.I. Joe. Not much to say that hasn't already been said.

If someone watched the movie could tell me if this is a reboot or a Prequel?

I'm tired of this debate.

The movie doesn't really answer that. It's been answered BTS though, and that's good enough for me.

The Scorpanok design is similar though and it uses the same theme from that series.

Last edited:
The movie doesn't really answer that. It's been answered BTS though, and that's good enough for me.

The Scorpanok design is similar though and it uses the same theme from that series.
The movie doesn't answer it so treat is as separate for now. The producers' words mean nothing if its not shown or indicated onscreen.

The movie doesn't answer it so treat is as separate for now. The producers' words mean nothing if its not shown or indicated onscreen.
The director also said it's the same universe, and even when calling it a reboot he said it has connections to the Bayverse like Bumblebee. It's a soft-reboot.

So I assume the movie will contextualize things for the casual moviegoers who last saw Bumblebee, but what do they need to know going into Rise of the Beasts?
You don't need to know much. If anything, Bumblebee got here in 1987, along with Optimus Prime, and they've tried to seek refuge on Earth until they can get back to Cybertron. Ultimately, all you need to know is that they're trying to get back to Cybertron. If you can go into this movie just knowing that piece of information, you'll be able to track it completely. It doesn't mess up any of the timeline in 2006, 2007. We're actually going in a direction that allows us to protect that side of the universe, but that's all you need to know. And if you're not familiar with The Beast Wars, I would say to just watch the film itself. You don't have to get caught up with the Beast Wars franchise in order to watch our movie. I feel like this is a standalone.

No Lorenzo here, it's just Steven Caple Jr. bringing up it being the same universe without anyone telling him to. He's saying that, knowing that they're trying to get back to Cybertron, allows the viewer to understand how it works with the Bayverse timeline. Very simple, very clear. You'd have to think he's lying on purpose for some reason, lol.

Last edited:
The director also said it's the same universe, and even when calling it a reboot he said it has connections to the Bayverse like Bumblebee. It's a soft-reboot.

So I assume the movie will contextualize things for the casual moviegoers who last saw Bumblebee, but what do they need to know going into Rise of the Beasts?
You don't need to know much. If anything, Bumblebee got here in 1987, along with Optimus Prime, and they've tried to seek refuge on Earth until they can get back to Cybertron. Ultimately, all you need to know is that they're trying to get back to Cybertron. If you can go into this movie just knowing that piece of information, you'll be able to track it completely. It doesn't mess up any of the timeline in 2006, 2007. We're actually going in a direction that allows us to protect that side of the universe, but that's all you need to know. And if you're not familiar with The Beast Wars, I would say to just watch the film itself. You don't have to get caught up with the Beast Wars franchise in order to watch our movie. I feel like this is a standalone.

No Lorenzo here, it's just Steven Caple Jr. bringing up it being the same universe without anyone telling him to. He's saying that, knowing that they're trying to get back to Cybertron, allows the viewer to understand how it works with the Bayverse timeline. Very simple, very clear. You'd have to think he's lying on purpose for some reason, lol.
And Caple Jr also contradicted his own statement by saying it was a reboot later on; which is evidenced in that video Megatron posted.

Stop being dogmatic and forcing misinformation as "facts" based on personal beliefs.

And Caple Jr also contradicted his own statement by saying it was a reboot later on; which is evidenced in that video Megatron posted.

Stop being dogmatic and forcing misinformation as "facts" based on personal beliefs.
That was before this article I'm pretty sure, and in that video in full context it's clear he doesn't mean a different universe. If you watch the whole thing he says it does have connections and the wording specifically makes sense sound like he's trying to say the movie is "different" and "fresh", not a separate universe.

As for the claim I'm forcing misinformation on personal beliefs, I'm simply relaying information from the creatives behind the franchise. It seems most people don't want it to be connected because they're bias against the Bayverse. I once thought it was a reboot too, but clearly it isn't for better or worse.

To say that it isn't the same universe is to call the director and producer liars.

-Transwarp keys allow a person to travel through space and time. What if Unicron was sent back in time at the end of the movie and Earth formed around him?
Alternatively, it's possible the opposite is true... or even both if you want to get a little crazy.

The Maximals are possibly hinted to be time-travellers from the future like other versions, which would mean that the Unicron who appears in this film is also from the future.

To quote the Transformers wiki:
The Maximals are broadly depicted the same as they were in the Beast Wars cartoon: as a "highly-advanced race" of beast-mode Transformers who use transwarp technology to travel to other planets and interact with their native species, whose travels bring them to ancient Earth. Steven Caple Jr. has noted that earlier drafts of the screenplay explicitly depicted the Maximals as time-travellers from the future, as they were in the cartoon, and while the concept is so toned down for the finished movie that it probably won't even occur to general audiences, several references to the idea are still made on-screen. Transwarp technology is stated to open portals in time as well as space; Airazor states that the Maximals are "from both [the Autobots'] past and future"; and Optimus Primal says that he is named after the "legendary" Optimus Prime, which all combine to suggest that the Maximals originate from the future.

Thus it could be argued that his appearance here doesn't technically contradict The Last Knight.
Unicron was freed from Earth sometime after The Last Knight, destroyed the Maximals' homeworld, then travelled back in time to 1994 where he was defeated.

That's crazy. It actually allows for multiple interpretations then, because there could be alternate timelines at play or a closed loop.

1: Closed Loop Timeline
Unicron is Earth, he destroys the Maximals' homeworld, he travels back in time and is defeated in 1994, which leads to the Bay films where he eventually escapes Earth and destroys the Maximals' homeworld, goes back in time, etc. All the films occur in the same timeline with no alternate timelines. Unicron was going to eat his past-self, lol.

2. Alternate Timeline #1
The Maximals come from an alternate timeline. Unicron was Earth, he destroyed the Maximals' homeworld, then the maximals travel back in time and create the Bayverse timeline. The events of Bumblebee, Rise of the Beasts and Transformers 1-5 occur.

3. Alternate Timeline #2
The Maximals come from the Bayverse. Unicron was Earth, he destroyed the Maximals' homeworld, then the maximals travel back in time and create the Knightverse timeline. The events of Bumblebee and Rise of the Beasts occur. This isn't consistent with BTS comments however.

Last edited:
That was before this article I'm pretty sure, and in that video in full context it's clear he doesn't mean a different universe. If you watch the whole thing he says it does have connections and the wording specifically makes sense sound like he's trying to say the movie is "different" and "fresh", not a separate universe.

As for the claim I'm forcing misinformation on personal beliefs, I'm simply relaying information from the creatives behind the franchise. It seems most people don't want it to be connected because they're bias against the Bayverse. I once thought it was a reboot too, but clearly it isn't for better or worse.

To say that it isn't the same universe is to call the director and producer liars.
People in Hollywood will lie if they want to. It has happened countless times, and tbh it's not a moral fault. It's business.

We'll just agree to disagree, I guess.

Yeah, it was figuring out a way to use the G.I. Joe technology because they're known for their tech. I was like, "Maybe we don't have to go through the classic characters like Snake Eyes and Duke and all these other characters. Maybe there's a way we can use other characters that haven't been utilized as much." There's different series and editions and different factions of G.I. Joe as well. There's G.I. Joe: Renegades and different branches of it, too. So I started to play with that, and I pitched versions of it to the studio and the producers. I pitched a direction I wanted to go in and ways to branch out the universe in general. Transformers movies have scope and size, but we've been spending a lot of time here on Earth, so I just think there's more out there. Even in the graphic novels for Transformers, there's other planets and things like that, and I was like, "We're just thinking too small." So, if we're going to do movie number eight and nine and ten, maybe there's a way to make this all more expansive and branch out.

Sounds like they're not focusing on the popular characters, leaving it open to have either film continuities of G.I. Joe canon. For now, I'm gonna say neither of them are canon yet and wait it out. The G.I. Joe crossover stuff is all probably going to be set in the 1990s.

Also, he talks about making Transformers "movie number 8, 9, 10"... because he considers it one singular series, lol.

Fast & Furious
2001 - Better Luck Tomorrow
2004 - The Fast and the Furious
2004 - Turbo Charged Prelude
2005 - 2 Fast 2 Furious
2006 - Annapolis
2009 - Los Bandoleros
2009 - Fast & Furious
2011 - Fast Five
201? - Fast & Furious: Showdown
2013 - Furious 6
2014 - The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
2014 - Furious 7
2017 - The Fate of the Furious
201? - Fast & Furious: Hobbs and Shaw
201? - Fast & Furious: Crossroads
201? - Fast & Furious: Spy Racers S1-6
2019 - Fast & Furious 9

Granted this is hastily thrown together.
that got retconed. again XD

Yeah, it was figuring out a way to use the G.I. Joe technology because they're known for their tech. I was like, "Maybe we don't have to go through the classic characters like Snake Eyes and Duke and all these other characters. Maybe there's a way we can use other characters that haven't been utilized as much." There's different series and editions and different factions of G.I. Joe as well. There's G.I. Joe: Renegades and different branches of it, too. So I started to play with that, and I pitched versions of it to the studio and the producers. I pitched a direction I wanted to go in and ways to branch out the universe in general. Transformers movies have scope and size, but we've been spending a lot of time here on Earth, so I just think there's more out there. Even in the graphic novels for Transformers, there's other planets and things like that, and I was like, "We're just thinking too small." So, if we're going to do movie number eight and nine and ten, maybe there's a way to make this all more expansive and branch out.

Sounds like they're not focusing on the popular characters, leaving it open to have either film continuities of G.I. Joe canon. For now, I'm gonna say neither of them are canon yet and wait it out. The G.I. Joe crossover stuff is all probably going to be set in the 1990s.

Also, he talks about making Transformers "movie number 8, 9, 10"... because he considers it one singular series, lol.
I mean. Rise of the Beasts was always called T7 even on set. I just think, there is more indication it is one and the same timeline. reboot in a sense of tone but the same universe. for better or worse.

Is anyone planing to do any of the following?
-Koei Tecmo Universe (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Nioh, Fatal Frame)
-Steins;Gate
-Street Fighter Universe (Street Fighter, Final Fight, Strider, etc)
-Tekken/Soul Calibur Universe
(Depending of who you ask the last two could be counted as the same universe)

Last edited:
Is anyone planing to do any of the following?
-Koei Tecmo Universe (Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Nioh, Fatal Frame)
-Steins;Gate
-Street Fighter Universe (Street Fighter, Final Fight, Strider, etc)
-Tekken/Soul Calibur Universe
(Depending of who you ask the last two could be counted as the same universe)
Sooner or later I would like to dedicate myself to the Tekken - Soul Calibur Timeline (I still don't know whether to consider Street Fighter as well). But I want to understand how I can approach it

Latest posts

Back