Timeline Hub

Considering it's an anthology series with standalone stories taking place in the past, present and future, a Black Mirror timeline would be pretty interesting. Quite difficult for some entries. It's been implied some episodes could be in-universe shows on the Streamberry service in-universe, but honestly I think all episodes can fit on one clean timeline without going that far.

I noticed 6x01 is actually set after 6x02 because the Loch Henry documentary developed in that episode appeared in the Streamberry service in 6x01. Granted, that was Fictitious Reality Level 1 (essentially that episode was part of an infinite loop of fictional universes created by a quantom computer - think the framework but the framework has it's own framework), but that shouldn't really affect anything.

Considering it's an anthology series with standalone stories taking place in the past, present and future, a Black Mirror timeline would be pretty interesting. Quite difficult for some entries. It's been implied some episodes could be in-universe shows on the Streamberry service in-universe, but honestly I think all episodes can fit on one clean timeline without going that far.

I noticed 6x01 is actually set after 6x02 because the Loch Henry documentary developed in that episode appeared in the Streamberry service in 6x01. Granted, that was Fictitious Reality Level 1 (essentially that episode was part of an infinite loop of fictional universes created by a quantom computer - think the framework but the framework has it's own framework), but that shouldn't really affect anything.
A Black Mirror timeline would be interesting, I've seen a few hanging around and there are enough easter eggs it creates this nice escalation in technology

One thing I will give you for free to really help if you do go forward with a timeline: All the characters in 15 million merits (s1x02) are early versions of cookies. Given the bleak "pod people" setting of 15 million merits it is natural to put it close to the end of the timeline, potentially even post-apocalyptic. However there are multiple references to that episode in "low-tech" episodes, with one character even reading a graphic novel based on the story of the episode. The best answer I can give is that 15 million merits is an early example of "cookie technology" being used to create a little microcosm community which people watch for entertainment, like a cross between big brother and the sims.

usually these explanations undermine the story itself as it implies that the story is "fictional", but I dont think that's the case for 15 million merits. A reoccurring theme of Black Mirror is the inhumane treatment of cookies, despite the fact they are basically sentient. So even if the world in 15 Million Merits is just a digital construction the gravitas of the plot isnt undermined

A Black Mirror timeline would be interesting, I've seen a few hanging around and there are enough easter eggs it creates this nice escalation in technology

One thing I will give you for free to really help if you do go forward with a timeline: All the characters in 15 million merits (s1x02) are early versions of cookies. Given the bleak "pod people" setting of 15 million merits it is natural to put it close to the end of the timeline, potentially even post-apocalyptic. However there are multiple references to that episode in "low-tech" episodes, with one character even reading a graphic novel based on the story of the episode. The best answer I can give is that 15 million merits is an early example of "cookie technology" being used to create a little microcosm community which people watch for entertainment, like a cross between big brother and the sims.

usually these explanations undermine the story itself as it implies that the story is "fictional", but I dont think that's the case for 15 million merits. A reoccurring theme of Black Mirror is the inhumane treatment of cookies, despite the fact they are basically sentient. So even if the world in 15 Million Merits is just a digital construction the gravitas of the plot isnt undermined
Well, as a recent episode shows, the technology was already retro-futuristic in 1969. Space travel seems to be more pursued in the Black Mirror Universe and "duplicates" exist, so astronauts can live a normal life on Earth. I guess in low-tech episodes we're seeing more ordinary lives even though the world is more high-tech than it appears.

Ah, also, a FNAF timeline with all the minigames and secret cutscenes. That'd be interesting. FNaF World isn't literally canon but, well, it has to happen on some level due to ties... I guess it's an alternate dimension of some kind? Scott wishes he didn't tie it into canon, lol.

Anyway, this seems to be the general timeline consensus. Funny that you apparently play as a zombie in Five Nights at Freddy's (2014).
1983 - Five Nights at Freddy's 4
198? - Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
1987 - Five Nights at Freddy's 2
1993 - Five Nights at Freddy's
2023 - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
2023 - Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
2023 - Ultimate Custom Night [Purgatory]
203? - Five Nights at Freddy's: Help Wanted
203? - Five Nights at Freddy's: Special Delivery
2035 - Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach

Looking at a few timelines, this is possible. It might have a few inconsistencies though... some of the references in certain episodes screw the timeline up.

Cookies seem to exist in the 2010s already. They were adapted after the flashback in Black Museum with the sadist. Then, the San Junipero stuff with the elderly is created later on. This world is already hightech in present day, which probably means it can be condensed even further if needed.

1969 - Black Mirror 6x03, "Beyond the Sea"
1979 - Black Mirror 6x05, "Demon 79"
1984 - Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
2006 - Black Mirror 6x06, "Mazey Day"
2011 - Black Mirror 1x01, "The National Anthem"
2011 - Black Mirror 1x02, "Fifteen Million Merits"
2012 - Black Mirror 2x03, "The Waldo Moment"
2012 - Black Mirror 2x01, "Be Right Back"
2013 - Black Mirror 3x03, "Shut Up and Dance"
2013 - Black Mirror 2x02, "White Bear"
2018 - Black Mirror 5x02, "Smithereens"
2023 - Black Mirror 6x02, "Loch Henry"
2023 - Black Mirror 6x01, "Joan is Awful"
202? - Black Mirror 3x02, "Playtest"
202? - Black Mirror 4x03, "Crocodile"
202? - Black Mirror 3x06, "Hated in the Nation"
202? - Black Mirror 5x03, "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too"
202? - Black Mirror 3x01, "Nosedive"
202? - Black Mirror 3x05, "Men Against Fire"
202? - Black Mirror 4x02, "ArkAngel"
202? - Black Mirror 1x03, "The Entire History of You"
202? - Black Mirror 2x04, "White Christmas"
2027 - Black Mirror 3x04, "San Junipero"
203? - Black Mirror 4x04, "Hang the DJ"
203? - Black Mirror 4x01, "USS Callister"
203? - Black Mirror 5x01, "Striking Vipers"
203? - Black Mirror 4x06, "Black Museum"
20?? - Black Mirror 4x05, "Metalhead"

Demon 79 shows the robot dogs from Metalhead as the future but then it ends with nuclear armageddon in 1979. She definitely saw our "real" Black Mirror timeline since Michael Smart is referenced in 6x01 and 6x02, with the latter even saying he has unveiled robot dogs. So, Demon 79 is ABSOLUTELY CANON, but somehow nuclear armageddon happens in our timeline/alternate timeline/is imagination. It can't be an in-universe movie either because it ties into canon.

Last edited:
So I've almost finished my grand "Resident Evil" play/watch/readthrough and i am looking for the next franchise to tackle.

I was thinking of going with "Tomb Raider", a franchise which recently announced a "unification" of their two or three seperate timelines.

Thing is, I cant find a decent order for this timeline, there is one that focuses on just the games, and there is an official announcement blogpost which outlined it but that has been taken down! (thanks waybackmachine)

I was thinking of putting together this unified timeline, including obscure stuff like the books and game gear games, and then playing through to see how it holds together.

Anyone interested in this? or anyone have access to decent TOmb raider timeline resources?

I would like to start making a timeline of "Charmed", since I have ONLY watched the original show, I would like to know if anyone knows which comics are canonical and if the Reboot is part of an alternate universe (since they recently introduced the multiverse from what I know), or is it part of the same continuity

So I've almost finished my grand "Resident Evil" play/watch/readthrough and i am looking for the next franchise to tackle.

I was thinking of going with "Tomb Raider", a franchise which recently announced a "unification" of their two or three seperate timelines.

Thing is, I cant find a decent order for this timeline, there is one that focuses on just the games, and there is an official announcement blogpost which outlined it but that has been taken down! (thanks waybackmachine)

I was thinking of putting together this unified timeline, including obscure stuff like the books and game gear games, and then playing through to see how it holds together.

Anyone interested in this? or anyone have access to decent TOmb raider timeline resources?
I have found a blog which has everything, including the commercials. I will search for it, since I'm not at home and not using my PC at the moment.

Found it again.

P. S. I would advise you to decide a birth year for Lara, since the games won't always line up with eachothers.

Lara Croft from the old original Timeline was born on the 14th February 1968.

Lara Croft from the old Legends Timeline was born on the 14th February 1977.

Lara Croft from the old Survivor Timeline was born on the 14th February 1992.

So, for making it easy, I would decide a birth year for her, and go according to my choice, since we don't have a canon birth year anymore.

Last edited:
Found it again.

P. S. I would advise you to decide a birth year for Lara, since the games won't always line up with eachothers.

So, for making it easy, I would decide a birth year for her, and go according to my choice, since we don't have a canon birth year anymore.
oh gosh, it looks like they have done the work for me, thanks for digging this up!

Im also surprised they did their own version of the "unified timeline" before Square even released it, are they psychic? Although this one appears to be more comprehensive than the timeline they released.

regarding the birth I would probably go for the latest date, as I imagine thats what they are going to use for the "Unified Timeline". However I am also wondering if might be best to wait for the release of the netflix anime before committing to anything as thats supposed to outline the new canon

Found it again.

I wish someone would make a detailed version of Tomb Raider on here

I wish someone would make a detailed version of Tomb Raider on here
Planning to do so, however I'm not to sure about using the timeline linked by Megatron, as it uses all media which basically requires some heavy use of "broad strokes canon"

There is also the factor that the Netflix show is going to be the first installment in the "unified" continuity

EDIT: to have the correct link because internet is hard today

Last edited:
Planning to do so, however I'm not to sure about using the timeline linked by Megatron, as it uses all media which basically requires some heavy use of "broad strokes canon"

There is also the factor that the Netflix show is going to be the first installment in the "unified" continuity
Why does "broad strokes canon" include a link to this same discussion? Were you trying to include a link to the TV Tropes page for Broad Strokes?

Why does "broad strokes canon" include a link to this same discussion? Were you trying to include a link to the TV Tropes page for Broad Strokes?
....yes.... yes I was

all apologies, I got two hours of sleep last night and then did a full day of work so my brain has the texture of paste right now

Been thinking about doing a Zombie Land Saga timeline at some point since I've had it on my mind lately (plus I have Lily Hoshikawa as my PFP, so that's fitting XD), preferably before I begin the Stardust Crusaders part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure timeline. As for what I'd cover for the ZLS timeline:
  • Zombie Land Saga (the original anime, plus it's manga adaptation[?])
  • Zombie Land Saga: Revenge (the sequel series to the original anime)
  • The as-yet unreleased Zombie Land Saga movie
  • Zombie Land Saga ANTHOLOGY (a single volume anthology manga by different mangaka, though unsure if it contains original stories)
  • Zombie Land Saga Gaiden: The First Zombie (prequel manga involving Tae Yamada)
Other than that, if anyone has any other anime/manga timelines they'd wanna see me cover, lemme know and I'll see what I can cook up.

Been thinking about doing a Zombie Land Saga timeline at some point since I've had it on my mind lately (plus I have Lily Hoshikawa as my PFP, so that's fitting XD), preferably before I begin the Stardust Crusaders part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure timeline. As for what I'd cover for the ZLS timeline:
  • Zombie Land Saga (the original anime, plus it's manga adaptation[?])
  • Zombie Land Saga: Revenge (the sequel series to the original anime)
  • The as-yet unreleased Zombie Land Saga movie
  • Zombie Land Saga ANTHOLOGY (a single volume anthology manga by different mangaka, though unsure if it contains original stories)
  • Zombie Land Saga Gaiden: The First Zombie (prequel manga involving Tae Yamada)
Other than that, if anyone has any other anime/manga timelines they'd wanna see me cover, lemme know and I'll see what I can cook up.
Could you do a Danganronpa Timeline?
Or a Stein;Gate Timeline (that one would would be tricky, of course)?

Latest posts

Back