Timeline Hub

I'm new to this, someone can explain to me what Is the S.E.A.?
It is a thing from the Disney parks, that hints at some shared universe between the "plots" of the different rides. And apparently Indiana Jones is canonically a member or something (?) and probably has some connection with Pirates of the Caribbean too.

Although now that I think of it, can Indiana Jones' Atlantis and Atlantis: the Lost Empire's Atlantis be compatible? (I have neither played the game or seen the movie, which is weird, since I own both).

So... @Pro Bot, are you going to do a Indiana Jones/Pirates of the Caribean/Little Mermaid/Atlantis: The Lost Empire/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea/[More Things] Timeline?
Are you searching info to see if it posible?
I am curious since you haven't say nothing on this thread since yesterday

There's also a reference to Sam from Casablanca

Anyone did/considered doing a Total Drama series timeline? The series had a crossover with Skatoony and 6Teen, made in-universe references to Stoked and there appear to be at least two concurrent timelines running, as different regions had different contestants win in the shows. (if we also go deeper and do permutations, it would be even possible that any possible wins might or might not happen in other seasons, but I think it would be just enough to go with 2 timelines)

It seems no one decided to inform me about the Indiana Jones/Pirates of the Caribbean/Sea of Thieves/[Everything Else] universe. Everything ever made is literally just connected at this point.

1705684752452.png

And so May 4th is upon us once again, the one day out of the year we choose to celebrate the multimedia mega-phenomenon that is Star Wars. Admittedly you probably aren't reading this on one of the 364 days that doesn't sound vaguely like "may the force be with you" but given that this is the Internet celebrating Star Wars is pretty much always in fashion. This is even truer in the wake of 2015's franchise revitalizing film Force Awakens, and with the Last Jedi on the way and Rogue One a decent success in its own right it looks like we're never going to run out of Star Wars to celebrate.
It's not just movies that've been good to the Disney era of Star Wars either but also comics, with Marvel's excellent Darth Vader ongoing series and the fairly popular Rebels TV show making a significant impact. Actually, Rebels is the bit of recent Star Wars material that I've elected to zero in on today as part of a look at an emerging shared-universe theory going all the way back to 1981 and stretching throughout some of the most popular films of the '80s. Let's talk about the Spielberg-verse.

Before I dive into this, let me just preface this article with the warning that I'm not being totally serious here. "Fan Theories" are some of the most tedious content on the Internet and I'm definitely not keen to add more rambling to that bottomless pit. This is more of a look at the growing collection of Easter eggs and connections between the works of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, mainly focusing around a trio of their most popular works.
Most of this stuff is, as I mentioned, scattered across the franchises' long history and is probably just the result of the two directors being close friends and adding little nods to each other's work. However, charting this kind of stuff can be a lot of fun as well as trying to plot out the other stuff involved and what it could imply. That's the whole basis behind that Tommy Westphall shared universe everybody seems to love so I figure we might as well dive into it here.
Now as I said George Lucas and Steven Spielberg are close friends in real life and, as such, they've always had a pretty tight professional relationship. So, in 1977 when both men were on vacation in Hawaii after the release of Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, they got to talking about a script George Lucas had penned back in 1973. The script was a pulpy, globetrotting adventure story, reminiscent of the serials Lucas had enjoyed in his youth and entitled The Adventures of Indiana Smith.
Obviously, this is the script that would become Indiana Jones and represents the start of Lucas' stepping back from directing to delegating and the first time Lucas and Spielberg ever collaborated, but that's not all it features. Though it wasn't really noticed at the time, keen-eyed fans eventually noticed that Raiders of the Lost Ark featured a pair of references to Star Wars in the form of hieroglyphics depicting R2D2, C3P0, and Princess Leia giving them the Deathstar plans.

1705684786059.png

When people first found this Easter Egg, it was considered to be just that- an Easter Egg, a fun little shout-out no different from R2D2 appearing as part of the alien ship in Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind. The thing is, this isn't the only Easter egg tying Indiana Jones and Star Wars together. In fact, the two franchises have been getting more and more intertwined over the years to a shocking degree.
Empire Strikes Back, which came out 1 year before Raiders of the Lost Ark, featured a small Easter egg to it when the crate the Ark was shipped in appeared in the background of the scene where C3P0 was being dismembered on Bespin. In case you're wondering how this could happen before Raiders of the Lost Ark was completed, it's because the film was basically hammered out in tandem with Empire Strikes Back. This little Easter Egg has kicked off a slew of appearances by the ark throughout the Star Wars canon.
The next appearance came in The Lost City of the Jedi's comic adaptation. This is the 2nd novel in Paul and Hollace Davids' Jedi Prince trilogy and depicts the treasure vault of a group known as the Church of the Dark Side, a group of Imperial zealots that worshiped the Emperor even after his death. Among their various relics and treasures was the Ark. Then, in 2009, the Ark appeared again in the background of an episode of the CGI Star Wars: Clone Wars show entitled 'Liberty of Ryloth.'

1705684800949.pngThis appearance sparked the most discourse, as it's the first major Easter egg to occur in the age of forums and screenshots. There was also a season 3 episode called 'Wookiee Hunt,' in which one of the crystal skulls from Indiana Jones 4 can be spotted among galactic hunter Garnac's trophy collection. Finally, in the cross-section book for 2015's The Force Awakens, it's revealed that one of the cargo pods in Han and Chewie's freighter has the same serial number as the ark's crate and the book specifically mention the two have been unable to open that cargo module.
As the first Indiana Jones/Star Wars Easter egg of the Disney era, this one is pretty important. I mean, before this the EU material had already gone as far as hanging a lampshade on the whole thing with an issue of Star Wars Tales where Han and Chewie crash land on Earth by accident and Indiana Jones hunts Chewbacca thinking he's Big Foot.
After the EU was all declared non-canon, it wasn't totally clear how much the new material would pay homage to this stuff, but it turned out more than ever. In the episode 'Through Imperial Eyes, " we get a look inside the officer/treasure room of Admiral Thrawn, one of the main bad guys of the previous EU and the first character to make the jump to official canon. Among his various trinkets, you can spot- the Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

1705684812724.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EYozYLCK...fY_tEVKBCSIDC3ZpfyNETIMh7gACEw/s1600/SV3A.jpg
1705684828890.pngSo, by this point, I've probably convinced you Star Wars and Indiana Jones are interconnected universe, but that's not really a shared mmovie-verse it's just two franchises. Well, this is where E.T. enters the picture. In case you need some kind of introduction for this movie, E.T. is the story of a small alien that crash-lands on Earth and befriends a young boy Elliot. It was created by Melissa Mathison after Spielberg got bored while filming Raiders of the Lost Ark and regaled her with stories of previous film ideas he had that fell apart.
The film is a beloved classic and also one of the first major examples of Spielberg's willingness to use cross-promotional material to create a sense of reality as the film is littered with major brands. One of the big ones is Star Wars, expectedly as Spielberg technically owns a small part of that franchise after a bet with Lucas. One such scene of said merch is set on Halloween where E.T. encounters a kid dressed as Yoda and E.T. starts frantically running towards the kid like he's seeing an old friend.

1705684838083.pngThis scene was always kind of a weird element but it got a lot weird with the release of Phantom Menace, in which a group of aliens can be seen in the Galactic Senate that are the same species as E.T. While this scene is a fun shout out for the fans, it was also put in at the direct request of Steven Spielberg himself. So, if we take both of these scenes as an act of world building that means that means that E.T. and his species can travel dimensionally between the universe where Star Wars is reality and the universe where Star Wars is just fictional.
What's more, they aren't the only Spielberg aliens that can do this, there was also the inter-dimensional traveling aliens from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which I remind you is in continuity with Star Wars and E.T. As a final addition to this great little tangent, Spielberg had originally planned a sequel to E.T. where the human characters were kidnapped by an evil parallel race to E.T.'s, while we never saw said race I suggest that they became the Crystal Skull aliens.

1705684847240.png

Now obviously I don't think it was the intention of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas to form some kind of shared universe between Indiana Jones, E.T., and Star Wars. This is just the kind of thing that happens when you've got some of the most popular franchises on the planet made by the same two guys who are also friends and once it's happened once it becomes tradition, basically. All that being said and still with the banner of "all in good fun" hanging over this article, I wouldn't complain at all if Disney officially decided to marry the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises.
They don't own the rights to E.T. but given that they're still insisting on making a fifth Indiana Jones film and would like to keep making Star Wars movies after the new trilogy concludes, I wouldn't be annoyed at all with a crossover. I doubt we'll ever see Indiana Jones rubbing shoulders with Luke or Rey but if the post-credits scene of Indy 5 was Jones discovering the ruins of the Millennium Falcon I'd be on board.

https://lidoshuffle1.blogspot.com/2017/05/filmland-star-warsindiana-joneset.html

I came across a website and copied the text for everyone to read.

Recently, our Steven Spielberg Fan Theory episode covered the many theories that surround the Steven Spielberg films. Naturally, connections through the films have been spotted throughout the years and today I will attempt to not only connect all of the major Spielberg films into one shared universe, but prove that it is what our universe would be if aliens had visited Earth! This new universe and the movies contained within are all the result of extra-terrestrial interference. The films that we will be looking at include, the Indiana Jones films, Jaws, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, Jurassic Park, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, War of the Worlds and more. I call this shared universe The Spielbergverse. I wanted to call it the Steven Universe, but it was taken. Anyway, let's take a look at what I consider to be a shared universe consisting of Steven Spielberg movies.

First, it should be stated that Spielberg's films that take place during historical events such as Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, and Lincoln, take place at a time when alien involvement did not occur and are therefore establishing that this universe is identical to ours until aliens visit Earth. Actually, I should say until aliens return to Earth, but more on that later. For now, let's establish a few basic connections between movies.

Let's start with one of Steven Spielberg's first major movies, Jaws (1975). In Jaws, we have our main character Martin Brody, played by Roy Richard Scheider, attempts to rid Amity Island of a giant shark problem.
1705781547079.png
Martin Brody was born in New York City in 1932 and went on to become Chief of Police in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. His place of origin is very important here as it is our first connection with another Spielberg property. We know of a character in the Indiana Jones movies who worked as the Director of Special Acquisitions at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City in 1931. Yes, Martin Brody's father is in fact, Marcus Brody.
1705781560868.png
As far as being benevolent creatures of knowledge, it is very likely that they shared some knowledge that the ancient people were not advanced enough to use. Since we see evidence of ancient civilizations recording otherworldly knowledge (see the Indiana Jones hieroglyphics picture), it's possible that there exists ancient records of utilizing advanced alien technology. After giving knowledge of things like agriculture, irrigation and technology, it is clear that the extra-dimensional beings want to boost humanity and ensure it's survival. As stated before, humans at the time are unable to utilize knowledge such as genetic modification so it the teachings are recorded in ancient texts. We know from the Indiana Jones franchise that alien influence can be seen in ancient times. In fact, it is likely that the Ark of the Covenant, the Holy Grail, and the Sankara stones are all artifacts of alien origin.1705781620036.png
1705781614755.png

1705781644889.png
In fact, the Sankara stones were even said to be given to Sankara by the Hindu god Shiva on Mount Kalisa, which definitely sounds like an extra-terrestrial encounter. It is through these artifacts, hieroglyphics and actual encounters in the Indy films, that we know that aliens have influenced the ancient civilations of Egypt, Tibet, Hatay and Akator. Knowing this, we can see that alien influence is seen throughout the ancient world and any one of these sights could hold ancient alien secrets of advanced technology, just waiting to be discovered and used by modern day scientists. Enter InGen, the company responsible for successfully cloning prehistoric animals using the DNA found in the blood of insects trapped in amber, founded by the infamous John Hammond.
1705781666167.png
John Hammond is the CEO of InGen and most famously, Jurassic Park. He made his fortune running a flea circus and later opened parks in Kenya, Costa Rica and Isla Nublar. Flea circuses are actually a series of mechanical props that appear to be moved by invisible forces or nearly invisible such as a tiny flea. The whole premise of the flea circus is built on the deception that someone has trained fleas when in reality the props move on their own. John Hammond essentially built his fortune on deceiving his customers. These lies extend to the idea of cloning dinosaurs. DNA only has a half life of 521 years, so the idea of cloning anything from millions of years old amber simply doesn't work. InGen is really just a facility that is working on genetically modifying existing animals or even creating them from scratch using advanced genetic technology, which could be considered morally different from reviving an extinct species. However, the real deceits lay in the amber mines (or alleged amber mines) throughout the world that are funded by InGen on the pretext of obtaining DNA trapped in amber.

1705781674607.png
The amber harvesting, just like Hammond's flea circus, is just a front to what is really happening at specific dig sites. While certain sites are set up to be actual amber excavation sites, like the one we see in the Jurassic Park movie in the Dominican Republic, others sites in other parts of the globe are really archaeological dig sites with the sole purpose of obtaining ancient artifacts containing the secrets of alien technologies. Sounds preposterous, right? But is it any more insane than scientists on their own being able to magically come up with the technology to create animals from scratch in the 80's? To leap so dramatically ahead in genetic technologies almost points to some sort of intervention. InGen is fully aware of Indiana Jones' exploits and have reached the understanding that there are remaining alien artifacts and ancient records that could unlock future advancements in science. Even with a cheat sheet on genetic manipulation, there are bound to be hurdles to overcome. Hammond and InGen didn't just create dinosaur-esque creatures on the first try, it would have taken them years of trying with lots of failed or successful experiments. I posit that Jaws is in fact a genetic experiment that was able to escape (which seems to be a common side effect of InGen experiments), made his way to Amity Island.

Jaws is a giant great white shark that attacked and killed 5 people (and 1 dog) at Amity Island in 1975. Jaws, affectionately named Bruce by fans, is 25 foot, 3 ton great white shark. The average great white shark is known to reach up to 21 feet in length and up to 2,400 lbs (a little over 1 ton). The size of Jaws seems to be a just a slightly bigger great white in length but the weight is triple the normal weight. This probably stems from the actual robot shark that was made in the production of the movie and it's weight being translated to the weight of the shark in the movie. Even so, we have a more than above average sized great white shark since no living great white has been reported to reach the size of Bruce. So the question is, is Bruce really a great white shark? After all, Bruce does have very prominent jowls, something that isn't seen in a great white.
1705781686414.png
InGen successfully created their first prehistoric animal in 1984. The lore states that John Hammond dreamed up the idea of "cloning" dinosaurs by the 1980's, but what made him so sure this was even possible? The answer is that he had success with genetically modifying animals before. Just before the 1975 Amity Island shark attacks, John Hammond had planned to open a marine park in Costa Rica and began genetically modifying various sea creatures. One of his prized attractions would be a giant great white shark with a voracious appetite. John Hammond had this shark modified to not only be bigger, but also to have an insatiable appetite so it could eat any meal at any time of day for any performance.
Of course Costa Rica is outside the native habitat of the great white, the waters are just too warm. It much prefers to be further north. As the shark grew bigger, it became more destructive and was eventually able to escape and migrated up the east coast of United States and eventually ended up in Amity Island in New York. This long distance journey is actually not that uncommon for great whites, and certainly wouldn't be an issue for an enhanced specimen.
1705781701380.png
After the Amity Island incident and the reports of the attack on civilians, InGen decided to implant the Lysine fail safe in it's future specimens in case of another escape so the animals would surely die before causing another incident and risk exposure to the company.

Going back to the Asogians from E.T., they were able to learn about humans from the interdimensional beings that visited Earth in 1977. But the Asogians weren't the only beings that were privy to this knowledge. Other, more sinister alien beings also learned about Earth and it's inhabitants in this way and planned to invade and occupy the newly discovered planet. The Asogians know of these planet killing aliens and have enacted a plan to save the various planets that the invaders have chosen to conquer. These hostile space invaders are none other than the tripod aliens from Spielberg's War of the Worlds.
1705781710080.png
Once the tripod aliens learned about Earth and it's resources, they decided to conquer it and take the resources for themselves, as they had done with so many worlds before. The Asogians know that the tripod aliens needed to be stopped but don't possess the means of combating them with brute force. In order to save the alien worlds from the greedy invaders, they developed a biological weapon that is dispersed using the native plant life of vulnerable worlds. They begin to visit the newly detected planets that would be likely targets for the invaders and collect the various samples of the flora and take it back it with them. There, they develop a virus that is harmless to the native life on the planet but is deadly to the tripod aliens and infuse it with the plant samples that they collect. Plants are a remarkable and natural means of dispersing microscopic particles like pollen, and the Asogians make use of this mechanism. Once back on Earth, the plants infect all the other plants around them and those plants also begin to disperse the virus via pollen. In this way the virus is eventually be spread throughout Earth awaiting the invaders and is in fact exactly how the tripod aliens are defeated.

It doesn't seem to make sense that an advanced alien species that have developed invading and conquering worlds into a science and a way of life, would be overtaken by the native microbes of that planet. This is one of the very first concerns of visiting an alien world and we as humans have even developed protocols to protect us from possible alien microbes from the moon and Mars. The only explanation I can think of for being easily overtaken by Earth's microbes, is if they were actually killed by a virus that was designed to specifically target them and get past their defenses. So what was the point of E.T.'s mission to Earth? To save it. Perhaps E.T. really was a Jedi after all. At any rate, this interaction definitely gives further meaning to "War of the Worlds."

So there we have it, a bit of a long theory but we were able to connect Jaws to Indiana Jones and Jurassic Park, connect E.T., Indiana Jones and War of the Worlds through Star Wars, and also connect Close Encounters of the Third Kind to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. These connections all prove that aliens are responsible for the Spielbergverse. They visited us during the dawn of humanity in our early civilizations teaching the various people new technologies and leaving behind a record of technologies to come. This is seems to be proven in the Indiana Jones movies and we see the results in Jurrassic Park and Jaws. Later, the same aliens returned to Earth only to trigger a chain reaction of other alien visitors who fought to either exterminate or save humanity. And so, without alien intervention we would not have the Spielbergverse and would instead be left with the world we currently live in.

Perhaps in the future I will also try to add in movies such as A.I., Minority Report and even BFG, but for now I leave you with this lengthy theory as is. I hope that we get more evidence of a shared universe in the future, but only time will tell, and until then fellow fans and theorists, keep theorizing!

what information I found. then maybe it can help you with your timeline.

Last edited:
So, I have noticed while making timelines that episode and movie titles are usually written in English with every important word in capital letters like 1x03, "The Challenge of the Hero" or something like that (I totally made up that title, btw). Is that grammatically correct in English or it is usually written like that to make it look cooler? Since in other languages, like Spanish, the grammatically correct thing would be 1x03, "The challenge of the hero". Then again, in Spanish the correct way to write language names is in lowercase unlike in English, so I was wondering if different gramatical rules aply to titles too.

Oh, also I watched "The Matrix" for the first time today (yes, I know). When should I watch "The Animatrix"? Before the second movie, the third or after them or...?

So, I have noticed while making timelines that episode and movie titles are usually written in English with every important word in capital letters like 1x03, "The Challenge of the Hero" or something like that (I totally made up that title, btw). Is that grammatically correct in English or it is usually written like that to make it look cooler? Since in other languages, like Spanish, the grammatically correct thing would be 1x03, "The challenge of the hero". Then again, in Spanish the correct way to write language names is in lowercase unlike in English, so I was wondering if different gramatical rules aply to titles too.
Yep, you've got it covered.

Very soon... just ordered the Blu-Ray for Season 1.

And yes, I honestly mean it when I say the Chainsaw Man dub is amazing. One of the all-time great English dubs, right alongside the likes of Death Note, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Monster and KonoSuba.

On another note, I've been eyeing up Undead Unluck as something I'd like to do a Timeline for, if anyone's interested. That said, if someone already has it claimed, I understand.
1705979459592.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back