TMNT: Back to Live Action

Everything about this movie is completely unfeasable. Who is going to buy that Vern took down the Shredder? The ooze unlocks the dormant gene in humans that link us to the animal kingdom? But that same ooze, when ingested by mutant turtles can give them human appearance, but retain their turtle cardiovascular system?(Convenient.) And didn't Donnie say at the beginning he needed to re-engineer the ooze to make them human? But now they can just drink it as is? Also, that airplane scene made no sense at all.

And yet, in the midst of being completely unbelievable, it was still completely cliché. (How did they manage to do that?)

Laura Linney's police chief character was terrible. I can't figure out why she was cast. And above all, why did they completely reinvent Casey Jones? He only wore the mask once. Stephen Amell probably could have played the character decently. What were they going for?

All that said, it's better than the first one. I enjoyed Bebop and Rocksteady. Mikey made me laugh a few times. The foot were ninjas this time. And it was clearly a bit of a love letter to the 80s cartoon, which I loved as a kid. I tried watching some of that show again a year or so ago and it's brutally bad. Maybe that's why I was a little less frustrated with this movie than I was with the last.

Last edited:
I couldn't watch this batch of turtles, their faces were kinda creepy. Recently watched TMNT from the 80s loved those movies and the look of the turtles.

Latest posts

Back