Too many Marvel films?

Grocer Man

Does anyone here think that Marvel is running the superhero film genre into the ground?

Personnaly, I think so. A lot of the films in the works don't make much sense. And sequels are getting old...I'm pretty sure there's some universal law that after the 3rd film, a series begins to deteriorate.

Personal advice: make a few more movies, then stop for a couple of years.

Does anyone think the DC movies might be effected by this?

Does anyone here think that Marvel is running the superhero film genre into the ground?

Personnaly, I think so. A lot of the films in the works don't make much sense. And sequels are getting old...I'm pretty sure there's some universal law that after the 3rd film, a series begins to deteriorate.

Personal advice: make a few more movies, then stop for a couple of years.

Does anyone think the DC movies might be effected by this?
DC did it first with the old Batman films.

It becomes too many when they try to give every character their own film, even the obscure ones that probably wouldn't be able to carry a movie(Elektra, Ghost Rider, etc).

I like what they're doing with Silver Surfer. Instead of giving him and Galatus their own film, which probably wouldn't do well, they're teaming up with the Fantastic 4 in that sequel, which will bring a new level to that franchise.

Hey, Ghost Rider has had his own series for a combined length of 20+ years (12+8+multiple mini-series+current). If he can't support his own movie, I don't know who could.

Besides, Ghost Rider is kickass!

Last edited:
Personally? I think the problem is that so many of them just plain suck. Simple as that.

Personally? I think the problem is that so many of them just plain suck. Simple as that.

I agree. I don't particularly like any of the Marvel movies, because I'd rather read a comic than watch them.

DC has experience. They've seen what's good and what's bad with their previous movies. So now they're having a second chance, they can focus on the good.

I agree. I don't particularly like any of the Marvel movies, because I'd rather read a comic than watch them.

DC has experience. They've seen what's good and what's bad with their previous movies. So now they're having a second chance, they can focus on the good.
uuuuhhh CATWOMAN

Why have the Marvel fans suddenly turned this into an insult DC movies thread?

Get back on topic.

This thread is to discuss whether or not there are too many Marvel films, or if Marvel are making too many films.

If you want to make a thread arguing over which movies are better, who makes better movies, then make one. Don't start arguing in here.

Latest posts

Back