Too much of a good thing

Goodwill

Well, it would seem every time I talk to my friend, Meta, he always brings up something to bring up to you guys on the board... I really should consider getting this guy to join; if you can believe it he's really smart and he really tends to know his Marvel stuff. I'm sure he could top even eroz in that comic quiz if he really wanted to.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you all if you think that having characters ultimized at this fast a rate is a good thing or a bad thing. Meta and I sort of agree that it will write the title into a corner (An especially tough one at that if all of the characters keep getting locked in SHIELD).

Is this the same Meta from ComixFan? and regardless yes he should join the site.

What rate our we talking about? I think thing's are going rather smoothly out of my top 5 favorite heroes only 2 have been seriously ultimized the other 2 make small cameos and 1 hasn't even gotten there yet... there's still a lot of history to cover I don't see a problem

Its not like they´re going to run out of characters. The Ultimizations have slowed down really. So why not just go with the flow?

Well, I'm talking particularly UXM here, guys... I mean, Beast is dead, we've seen Magneto, Sinister, the Acolytes, the Brotherhood, Proteus, etc. and, yet, we still haven't gone back to them. Vaughan insists on throwing in those almost annoying camoes (I'm not saying I don't like them but still) and he's got characters coming out the rear with every new arc he writes... You guys don't see this?

How could you forget? They fought the X-Men in New Zealand atop the Sky Tower in Auckland. They were split off from the Brotherhood and only appeared in one issue during the end of the World Tour arc.

Hmm....

I dont think he's writing himself into a corner. There's still soooooo much ground they can cover, and once they have this basis of continuity down, they'll start going off the Ultimate character's personalities and end up with new characters, new situations, new revelations, etc etc etc...

UltimateE said:
Eh? Like....?

Like in Temptest when he had that guy that burst into flames. He's from Brazil and he also had Marrow. In Cry Wolf he had Puck and Wolfsbane.

René said:
Like in Temptest when he had that guy that burst into flames. He's from Brazil and he also had Marrow. In Cry Wolf he had Puck and Wolfsbane.

Personally I don't mind the nod instead of a full out story centered on these characters... I mean think about X-2 when it came out... best part of the movie... yea colossus...

besides just because they make quick cameos now doesn't mean down the road the government can't recruit them and take them out of the circus ya know? Give it some time anything can happen.

TheManWithoutFear said:
besides just because they make quick cameos now doesn't mean down the road the government can't recruit them and take them out of the circus ya know? Give it some time anything can happen.

Look at Gambit for example

Goodwill said:
Wolfsbane, Sunspot, and the four mutants that have a likeness to characters.

The ones with likeness is the Artist's doing, not Vaughn's. Remember Bishop in the Savage Land, and then he's magically also a kid with a bad arrest record?

And for Sunspot and Northstar(who is arguably another guy tossed in), both of those are decent starts to characters who can be expanded on in the future. Sunspot's already a little guardian of some sort, with a grudge against the mutants living the high life, and Jean Paul could go in a lot of directions, he knows about the school, wants collossus, etc.

Wolfsbane, that could have been done better.... But thats just one. I think Bendis was worse when he did a whole load of characters in New Mutants. But, -shrug-

Yes, but there is only so much that you can do with any character, do you know what I'm saying? You have to take into consideration that, the reason that Marvel has so many characters, is because, after one grows unpopular, another takes its place... I think mutants are coming and going too frequently.

Goodwill said:
Yes, but there is only so much that you can do with any character, do you know what I'm saying? You have to take into consideration that, the reason that Marvel has so many characters, is because, after one grows unpopular, another takes its place... I think mutants are coming and going too frequently.

You know what that means - time for ULTIMATE XORN!

:wink:

UltimateE said:
You know what that means - time for ULTIMATE XORN!

Don´t threaten us with that you evil little man. Please.

But Xorn ahead of Ultimate Stacy-X

Xorn was just created, what, a year ago? We don't need an Ultimate version of him for a long, long time! I would like the classics, if any, first.

Latest posts

Back