Top 25 Characters Ever

See, mine is already changing. Carl and Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and Captain Murphy (Sealab 2021) need to be on it.

I love Calvin and Hobbes too. It's my favorite.

Technically, it's all Calvin. Hobbes is just a figment of Calvin's imagination.

So you should write Calvin & Hobbes as a single character and save place for one more character on the list.

sjmole : I started reading your list and thinking... What a schmuck. Venom in first place? The Undertaker? The fonz?! This lis is just a... waittaminute. Niles Frasier! Yeah, that guy has taste!

:lol:

I can't believe I didn't think of including some characters from sitcomes. I watch so many of them and Niles certainly is one of the best character to ever grace TV! But really, it's the duo he was making with Frasier. Priceless!

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
sjmole : I started reading your list and thinking... What a schmuck. Venom in first place? The Undertaker? The fonz?! This lis is just a... waittaminute. Niles Frasier! Yeah, that guy has taste!

I can't believe I didn't think of including some characters from sitcomes. I watch so many of them and Niles certainly is one of the best character to ver grace TV! But really, it's the duo he was making with Frasier. Priceless!

LOL thanks .....I think

But yeah I love fraiser. Niles is my fave on it. When he was secretly in love with daphnie and those scences with her it was just genious.

p.s I'm a venom fanboy. Are you just finding this out? LMAO

Ultimate Houde said:
Harry Blackfield Copperstone Dresden from the Dresden files. The child of a stage magician, and a supposed black witch, he is the only wizard listed under the Chicago phonebook. He has obivous flaws, his chilvary for one gets him into severe trouble, as well as his ability to someone blame everyone's problems on himself. He doesn't posess strong magic, but does posess the ability to think on the fly, and this has saved him on more than one occasion.
Excellent -- someone else has read The Dresden Files. :D It's a good series. One of us should write it up on the What are You Reading thread....

Edited mine to include Pacey from Dawson's Creek can't belive i forgot pacey

E.Vi.L. said:
Technically, it's all Calvin. Hobbes is just a figment of Calvin's imagination.

So you should write Calvin & Hobbes as a single character and save place for one more character on the list.

I can't believe I didn't think of including some characters from sitcomes. I watch so many of them and Niles certainly is one of the best character to ever grace TV! But really, it's the duo he was making with Frasier. Priceless!

So i guess the same could be said for Pitt/norton in Fight Club.

Alright. This is in no particular order.

1. Batman (DC Comics)
2. The Question (DC Comics)
3. Raskolnikov (Crime and Punishment)
4. Philip Marlowe (Raymond Chandler)
5. Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
6. Raoul Duke (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. tch! The character TECHNICALLY isn't Hunter S.)
7. Superman (DC Comics)
8. Brock Sampson (Venture Bros.)
9. Lois Lane (DC Comics)
10. Jake Gittes (Chinatown)
11. Blondie/Munco/Joe (Fistful of Dollars Trilogy)
12. Dirty Harry (Dirty Harry)
13. Rambo (First Blood)
14. Evey Hammon (V For Vendetta)
15. Jack Torrance (The Shining, Kubrick's version)
16. Alex (Clockwork Orange)
17. Kosmo Kramer (Seinfeld)
18. The Joker (DC Comics)
19. Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)
20. Sam Spade (particularly Bogart's version of him)
21. Harry Lime (The Third Man)
22. Mario! (Super Mario Bros.)
23. King Kong (King Kong)
24. Kurtz (Heart of Darkness)
25. Colonel Kurtz (Apocalypse Now)

Last edited:
Hibiki said:
Hence why he's in one slot on my list.

No love for the greek tragedies guys? Come on, they're the basis for almost everything in modern lit.

Hibiki said:

Yep, exactly.

Beside, these characters are nothing without their imaginary friends so it's only fair to count them as a pair.

Frapalino said:
and how do you put the originaly posted by thing in the quotes?

If you use the Quote button it'll be there by default.

Otherwise just add "=Whoeveryouwanttoquote" after QUOTE in the bracket.

Last edited:
in no order:

Holden Caulfield
Batman
Spider-Man
Narrator/ Tyler Durden
Derek Zoolander
Aragorn/Strider
Gandalf
Magneto
Neo
Peter Gibbons
The Dude Lebowski
Peter Venkmann
Randall Graves
Calvin and Hobbes
Kramer
Jack Sparrow
Edward Scissorhands
Indiana Jones
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Achilles
Nicholson's Joker /Comics Joker
Peter Griffin
Captain America
Superman

Last edited:
Thanks! That's probably my favorite book of all time. Salinger captures he teen voice very well.

And he's such a good, conflicted, complex character, he tops many of my best character type lists.

Latest posts

Back