Top 50 shows of all time.

Im happy to see The Wire so high up as it deserves that kind of recognition but srzly its better than Buffy :p

Last edited:
Everything's better than Buffy. It's Whedon only bad area. Well, one of two if I count Angel.

Last edited:
Most of the list was a lot of crap. Especially as you got further down. But Buffy at number 1 is well deserved. There's a reason people walk around with "Joss Whedon is my Master" t-shirts and not <insert director of some other show> is my master" t-shirts. He took an absurd concept, and turned it into one of the most intelligent, witty and awesome shows to ever air.

But Saved By The Bell, The Price Is Right and the adventures of Pete and fricking Pete have no place here...

Buffy WAS a really great show and then she ****ed Angel and started cryin an **** and the whole show became boring.
"wah wah wah angel is a complete bastard wah wah wah"
"oh here is my sister where did she come from?"

for me Buffy became too much like Friends in the way that Friends was nice and fun till everyone started ****ing and marrying each other and then crying about it.

Last edited:
Hey- the Adventures of Pete and Pete was an awesome show! That being said, I seriously doubt it deserved to be in the top 50 of all time.

Anyway, I don't agree with a lot on that list. However, they did get a lot of shows right, inasmuch as they were on the list somewhere. I'm glad to see Battlestar Galactica so high, as it truly deserves it, along with Firefly, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Quantum Leap, the X-Files, and 24. Personally, I would put 24 at the top of any best-of list, but that's just my personal preference.

However, they got a lot of things wrong. The fact that The Wire is up there shows that they know HBO exists- so where's The Sopranos? Where's Rome, which is quite possibly the greatest show of all freaking time? And come on- Buffy was very good for what it was, but it is no where near the level of the shows I just mentioned.

So, all in all, a pretty crappy list. That's not saying it's not a valid representation of someone's opinion, mind you- it's just not a valid representation of mine.

glad buffy made 1# but what the hell is wrong with that list.

Super friends , Yet no Justice league!

Dungeons & Dragons and batman , yet no TMNT or Thundercats!

and how the **** did The Adventures of Pete & Pete , Cowboy Bebop and Jack *** make the list?

What is with all these lists lately?

What a dumbass, one-sided, genre-fitting list...

Anyway, I can't really say anything. Can anyone truly say that they have watched and thoroughly enjoyed fifty TV shows? Is that not a bit...you know, sad?

Super friends , Yet no Justice league!

Dungeons & Dragons and batman , yet no TMNT or Thundercats!

Reminds me of that dumbass "Top 100 Greatest Cartoons" thing that was on a few years ago over here, where they included the old Spider-Man show and Thundercats and none of the Bruce Timm shows.

A bloody crime is what I call that.

Reminds me of that dumbass "Top 100 Greatest Cartoons" thing that was on a few years ago over here, where they included the old Spider-Man show and Thundercats and none of the Bruce Timm shows.

A bloody crime is what I call that.

yeah on C4 , simpsons won! so that made up for it.

What a dumbass, one-sided, genre-fitting list...

Anyway, I can't really say anything. Can anyone truly say that they have watched and thoroughly enjoyed fifty TV shows? Is that not a bit...you know, sad?

Exactly. To properly gauge any show, you have to have watched at least, say, a full season(however many episodes that may be). Otherwise it's basically adding movies to your Top-100 that you've seen 15 minutes of.

Latest posts

Back