Top Eleven Music Artists/Bands

Nurhachi

I know we have a musicy thread, but i think it would be interesting to see everyones eleven favoutites. Doesnt have to be in order:

(I was gonna do top ten but couldnt break it down any more, so it has to be eleven, no more, no less.)

My favourites:

Ill Nino
Mudvayne
Mushroomhead
Blindspott
Demon Hunter
Disturbed
Killswitch Engage
Korn
Project 86
Slipknot
System of a Down

1. Beatles
2. Pearl jam
3. Pixies
4. Dirtbombs
5. Electric Six
6. The Who
7. The Rolling Stones
8. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
9. Smashing Pumpkins
10. Nirvana
11. Beck

Constantly in a state of flux, but here are mine as of right now:

1: Super Furry Animals
2: Doves
3: Beta Band
4: Lambchop
5: Nick Cave (and the Bad Seeds)
6: Spiritualized
7: Arcade Fire
8: Decemberists
9: Goldfrapp
10: Interpol
11: Rufus Wainwright

Hmmm, tough one. Whenever this pops up on message boards I have a totally different list a day later.

Devendra Banhart
Nick Cave and the Bad seeds
Suicide
Joy Division
The Fall
Aphex Twin
Godspeed you black emperor (and the numerous spin offs)
Einstürzende Neubauten
Liars
Jacques Brel
Ladytron

Hmm, I forgot to slip PJ Harvey and Radiohead in there. See, these things are impossible. Tindersticks should get a mention too. Maybe Solex as a wildcard and Tom Waits and The velvet underground need places.
I'm rubbish at this.

roguefan said:
Evanescence
James Blunt
Within Temptation
Avril Lavigne
Alanis Morisette
Black Eyed Peas
My Chemical Romance
No Doubt
Gwen Stefani
Queen

And we have a skater boi.....

Guij said:
Jacques Brel

The only song I've heard by him is La Haine.Any tips on good ones to look out for?

Biggie
Pac
Jay-z
Nas
The RZA
The GZA
Old Dirty Bastard
Inspectah Deck
Raekwon the chef
Ghostface killah
M.E.T.H.O.D MAN
:twisted:

Last edited:
Patriot Mk2 said:
The only song I've heard by him is La Haine.Any tips on good ones to look out for?

Amsterdam (obviously) is a classic, Ne Me Quitte Pas as well. Je Suis Malade is one of my faves, as is La Valse A Mille Temps, and Le Plat Pays.
Honestly, since I don't speak french it's hard for me to get past the styling so it's really a matter of having a Jacques Brel random half hour than listening to specific tunes.

1. The Beatles- Favorite Band Ever. So many great albums, so many great singles... innovators, genius wordcrafters... just damn good and consistent. Check out I Am The Walrus, Roll Over Beethoven, Strawberry Fields Forever, A Day In The Life, I'm Only Sleeping, Tomorrow Never Knows, Rain, She's A Woman, Abbey Road (album), Get Back, Revolution, Hey Jude, Help! (album), heck, just check out all you can.

2. Coldplay- You either love them or hate them. I believe they are musically sound. Check out Don't Panic, Shiver, Everything's Not Lost, Clocks, and Fix You.

3. The Who- Just so many great songs- esp. I Can't Explain, Baba O'Reilly, Substitute, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere...

4. The Moody Blues- THE most musically sound band I can name. Brilliant musicians, and great melodies, and one of my favorite concept albums of all time- Days of Future Passed. Check out that album, or at the very least, Nights In White Satin.

5. The Shins- There's something golden about this band. They sound retro, but modern. They have great little melodies. Their lyrics are SMART. Check out New Slang (a brilliant song), Kissing The Lipless, Baby Boomerang, and So Says I (< a song about communism... who else can pull that off?!).

6. Green Day- So many great singles. And unlike many people, I absolutely loved American Idiot. I thought it was very well done, and the songs were ALL great. Check out Holiday, St. Jimmy, Hitchin' A Ride...

7. Crosby Stills and Nash- Greatest harmonies around. I don't know how they do it. Check out the albums Crosby, Stills, & Nash, and Deja Vu (which has a side of Neil Young).

8. Jet- A Modern Rock Band that sounds pretty old fashioned... except very loud. Sure they ripped off other bands... a lot (Look What You've Done vs. Sexy Sadie), but their album is pretty neat, especially if you tack Sgt. Major (a very good song) on the end- its 7 sets of A & B side singles. And most of the songs are pretty good.

9. Pink Floyd- A crazy little band. Their songs have so many absurd things going on in them. Listen to Dark Side Of The Moon, The Wall, and Wish You Were Here.

10. Bob Dylan- What LYRICS! I can only listen to him for so long, but his lyrics are so incredible. Inspiring even. Check out Blowing In The Wind, Like A Rolling Stone, The Times They Are A-Changing, and (snigger) Rainy Day Woman

11. Rooney- an odd choice, but I like their sound. Along with Jet, I want another album from these guys badly. Check out Blueside, The Floor (funny song that one), and If It Were Up To Me.

Last edited:
The Rolling Stones
Aretha Franklin
The Velvet Underground
The Pixies
The Cars
The Clash
The Beatles
The Who
David Bowie
Stiff Little Fingers
The Smiths

Ill Nino
Mudvayne
Slipknot
System of a Down
Helmet
Stone Sour
Linkin Park
Papa Roach
Life house
Nirvana

Etc ...

Yeah, i was gonna say, that was like a black person sitting in in the senate- a sore thumb, a standout, etc.

sorry, i'm just kidding. and its more of a rip at the senate and america's voting anyways. stupid america...

i promised myself i wouldn't make fun of anyone's tastes. but roguefan, james blunt?! he is the worstest!

the clash
at the drive-in
television
richard hell and the voidoids
leatherface
minus the bear
q and not u
embrace (the ian mackaye band, not that christian rock thing)
the beatles
bloc party
by the grace of god

SeAcoW said:
Ill Nino
Mudvayne
Slipknot
System of a Down
Helmet
Stone Sour
Linkin Park
Papa Roach