Top Ten Comic Book vixens

TheManWithoutFear said:
Gert would be the girlfriend I would have to constantly remind to keep her mouth shut because she'd be going so far out of the way to be "different" and make false stereotypes against my friends because they're "preppy". I've already been there and I wouldn't want to do it again.
Gert would be the girlfriend who also realizes that boys who typecast her as a girl who typecasts other people as 'preppies' aren't worth bonking.

And you would SO bonk Gert if she had as slim, svelte and Maxim-worthy a body as she does when Jo Chen draws covers featuring her. I know you would.

ourchair said:
Gert would be the girlfriend who also realizes that boys who typecast her as a girl who typecasts other people as 'preppies' aren't worth bonking.

And you would SO bonk Gert if she had as slim, svelte and Maxim-worthy a body as she does when Jo Chen draws covers featuring her. I know you would.
No, I wouldn't. I'm telling you I've been there before and it's a pain in the *** trying to tell these girls they're not better than anyone just because they want to seperate themselves. I like Nico because she's more humble and realizes she has flaws. Gert's whole "making out with Chase every chance she gets" makes me think of a girl whose just taking what she can because her whole life she's probably been looked down upon by other guys.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I wouldn't say we're so far off topic. I mean the threads about IGN's picks of the top ten and we're debating other candidates that we might want on there.
Have a look at the name of the list again -- it's top 10 Vixens. i.e. Bad girls. Femme fatales. Women of questionable scruples and even more questionable clothing physics. NONE of the Runaways girls have ever been portrayed as such.

compound said:
Black Widow (the Natasha Romanov version, of course; from any multiverse, i'm not picky ;); the summation of all the best 'Bond girl' qualities)

Do you mean dying at the beginning or using sex as a means to betray you?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Do you mean dying at the beginning or using sex as a means to betray you?
I've got the Octo***** archetype in mind here. So I mean seductive, manipulative, a professional temptress, and hearltlessly focused on achieving her own ends, with just the faintest hint of pretend vulnerability -- the perfect one-night stand ;)

I prefer being domme-ish or totally equal/mutual in long-term sexual relations, but when it comes to flings, I like being the sub.

- edit -
WTF?! The swear filter won't even let me type Octo***** as a movie title? What about ***** Galore? Or Josie & the *****cats. Stupid Puritanical filter.

Last edited:
here's what they said, for those of you too lazy to click buttons:

10 - Harley Quinn
9 - Viper
8 - Typhoid Mary
7 - Poison Ivy
6 - Emma Frost
5 - Mystique
4 - Catwoman
3 - Elektra
2 - Talia Al Ghul
1 - Dark Pheonix

Now... Here's my list (and since Vixen is a type of character, whose very essence must be sex and espionage, I'm still fully capable of saying which is which...

10 - Evee - V for Vendetta - Go Anarchist Terrorists!!! Wooo!!!
9 - Katchoo - Strangers in Paradise - Bisexual Ex-Hooker/Assassin. 'Nuff Said.
8 - Jenny Sparks - Stormwatch/The Authority - Come on, she convinced Hitler to go into politics, and she's all electricky. She is freaking awesome.
7 - Hero - Y:The Last Man - Bounty Hunter/Cop/Crazy-*** Lesbian Amazon. She's hunting her brother down, what's not to like?
6 - Mazikeen - Lucifer/The Sandman - Especially once she has her face back... She kicks ***.
5 - Catwoman - Batman - Duh.
4 - Emma Frost - New X-Men/Astonishing X-Men - The Ice Queen in the flesh... I mean... yeah. Total ***** in the good, entertaining way.
3 - Black Widow - The Ultimates - Everything sexy about the Cold War
2 - Talia Al Ghul - Batman - She is the daughter of an immortal super-terrorist, and is still perhaps one of the only women Batman has ever felt that strong a connection to. She's a fantastic character.
1 - Mystique - X-Men - She can be anything, and she's a spy, and she's still got a very strong sensitive, emotional side to her. Fantastic Character all around.

So yeah.

Evee and Katchoo? Definitely interesting choices. Love them both, as characters. And they definitely fit the 'dubious morals' qualification. But I think they're "desexualized" in a specific way that exempts them from the 'vixen' label -- my understanding is that vixens play around or subvert conventional notions of desire and sexuality, to their own advantage. They mess with the unwritten rules of attraction. I'd say that Evee and Katchoo disregard the rules altogether, much in the same way that, say, Tank Girl does.

They're all undeniably appealing and sexy, on their own terms, but somehow I don't see them fitting the "vixen" tag. Like, if you're familiar with Love & Rockets, I'd say that Luba and Penny Century are "vixens", while Maggie and Hopey are not, even if they're ALL uniquely sexy.

Evee i'll give you as not being all that vixeny... but I -do- think that Katchoo is...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Evee i'll give you as not being all that vixeny... but I -do- think that Katchoo is...

Katchoo.jpg

Yeah, I guess that point could be made.

Dr.Strangefate said:
10 - Harley Quinn
9 - Viper
8 - Typhoid Mary
7 - Poison Ivy
6 - Emma Frost
5 - Mystique
4 - Catwoman
3 - Elektra
2 - Talia Al Ghul
1 - Dark Pheonix
I did in fact, look at the list and found it tremendously boring in variety. True, there's a 'vixens' rule of thumb, but after a while they develop an all look same aura.

Dr.Strangefate said:
8 - Jenny Sparks - Stormwatch/The Authority - Come on, she convinced Hitler to go into politics, and she's all electricky. She is freaking awesome.
Sarcastic cigarette-smoking British electrical milleniarian chicks are hot.

Dr.Strangefate said:
7 - Hero - Y:The Last Man - Bounty Hunter/Cop/Crazy-*** Lesbian Amazon. She's hunting her brother down, what's not to like?
She burned her left tit off. That's hot.

Dr.Strangefate said:
5 - Catwoman - Batman - Duh.
She's cute when she wears the aviator-style goggles, I'll give you that.

Dr.Strangefate said:
1 - Mystique - X-Men - She can be anything, and she's a spy, and she's still got a very strong sensitive, emotional side to her. Fantastic Character all around.
I don;'t find her personality very interesting, but not being a fanatical reader of mutant books in my adolescence means I may not 'understand' the appeal as well as others. But she can be Brian Cox! You can have Stryker-sex with her. That's hot.

Warren Ellis chicks are all vixens. Vixens with some kind of technical smarts of a destructive capacity. I don't think he knows how to write anything else.

ourchair said:
Warren Ellis chicks are all vixens. Vixens with some kind of technical smarts of a destructive capacity. I don't think he knows how to write anything else.

Heh, Does anyone else get the feeling that Ellis is just an old geek living vicariously through his comics?

hehe.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Heh, Does anyone else get the feeling that Ellis is just an old geek living vicariously through his comics?
No ****.

He says he hates superheroes, but writing Ultimate Fantastic Four was him lettting his thirteen year old self masturbate inside his head.

I missed This!

Dark Phoenix is NUMBER ONE?

I don't know who my number one would be, but it sure as hell wouldn't be her.

Harley should've been higher. They put up a pretty unflattering picture of her too.

I agree on both accounts

My number one be Poison Ivy. No comic character (with the exception of Evolution goth rouge and buffy comics featuring Dru) is sexier or hotter than Poison Ivy.

I feel dirty for saying that

might i just add that jesse chambers (new liberty belle) should be on this list?

because she should.

Libertybelle_jsa1.jpg

raaaaawr.

Latest posts

Back