Toy Story 3 discussion (Spoilers!)

What would you give Toy Story 3?

• Total voters
Re: Toy Story 3

Is COL a thing?

I COL'd.

Pixar stubbornly refuses to make a bad movie.

So creative and fun and moving. Loved it.

Saw this yesterday.

Words cannot express how much I love Pixar. This was by far the best movie I've seen all year.

(Quick warning. The ending will make you cry. Manly tears.)

Is COL a thing?

I COL'd.

Pixar stubbornly refuses to make a bad movie.

So creative and fun and moving. Loved it.

agreed. Although I didn't COL, i sort of cried quietly.

it was SO good! I went and saw it with a bunch of teens from my youth group (i'm a youth pastor, remember?)
Mr Tortilla head
made me laugh so loud that i embarrassed them all.

And that short at the beginning was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

8 Rejected Toy Story 3 Characters.

I'm going to see this movie this weekend but I think I'm going to watch the first two again so I can remember everything.

How much screen time does Totoro get?

Last edited:

Bo Peep being absent was bizarre and sad. No idea why they did it. I heard one rumour about Annie Potts wanting more money than they'd offer. If that's true, too bad. They should've found an impersonator. They should've found some way to reunite them at the end, like Andy's mom having given her to Bonnie's mom, since they were apparently friends, but she was in another room and Woody doesn't see her until later or something. Argh. That's the only thing bringing the movie down, but it really affects me.

Other than that, pretty much perfect.

I was the only person in my family to catch
Sid
, even though we watched 1 and 2 over the past two nights(which greatly enhanced the experience).

Last night I mentioned how it was funny how 2 had two cast members of Cheers and two of Seinfeld, and wondered if they'd bring in someone else from Home Improvement or people from Friends(I didn't look at the cast list beforehand). I forgot that Blake Clark was doing Slinky this time, so prophecy fulfilled!

The opening was amazing. I honest to God teared up a bit when
Buzz caught the train, because it was just so cool and damn well deserving.

Last edited:

This makes me laugh every time:

tumblr_l4igooo44Q1qzla78o1_500.gif

Something occurred to me in the shower this morning:

Toy Story 1 involves the well-structured crew of Andy's room be disrupted by the sudden arrival of a strange character from outer space. Toy Story 2 involves the characters travelling to the space invader's place of origin, where they discover hundreds more like him while gaining two new friends for their journey - a girl who is terrified of small, dark spaces and a non-human. Toy Story 3 eighty-sixes several beloved main characters right off the bat and dumps the rest in a gigantic prison for most of the film.

If Toy Story 4 happens, I predict it will be about a different, reconstructed Woody with several new features more reminiscent of an advanced, Buzz Lightyear-esque toy having to stop a shipment of defected Buzzes from arriving in America.

Bo Peep being absent was bizarre and sad. No idea why they did it. I heard one rumour about Annie Potts wanting more money than they'd offer. If that's true, too bad. They should've found an impersonator. They should've found some way to reunite them at the end, like Andy's mom having given her to Bonnie's mom, since they were apparently friends, but she was in another room and Woody doesn't see her until later or something. Argh. That's the only thing bringing the movie down, but it really affects me.

that made me sad too. And it would have been great if
she had been at Bonnie's at the end.

I was the only person in my family to catch
Sid
, even though we watched 1 and 2 over the past two nights(which greatly enhanced the experience).
Was he the trash collector?

Something occurred to me in the shower this morning:

Toy Story 1 involves the well-structured crew of Andy's room be disrupted by the sudden arrival of a strange character from outer space. Toy Story 2 involves the characters travelling to the space invader's place of origin, where they discover hundreds more like him while gaining two new friends for their journey - a girl who is terrified of small, dark spaces and a non-human. Toy Story 3 eighty-sixes several beloved main characters right off the bat and dumps the rest in a gigantic prison for most of the film.

If Toy Story 4 happens, I predict it will be about a different, reconstructed Woody with several new features more reminiscent of an advanced, Buzz Lightyear-esque toy having to stop a shipment of defected Buzzes from arriving in America.

So they'll stop lead filled Chinese toys invading America?

This movie was brilliant. I loved every minute of it.

So many characters... and they were all juggled wonderfully. I also loved the (unintentional?) references to other third parts of trilogies - the baby throwing Lotso into the trash Darth Vader/Emperor-style and the toys plummeting into the fires of Mount Doom.

I also believed at numerous points in those final scenes that these characters were actually going to die. Pixar are ****ing amazing.

Boo!

ZZ2C434C9F.jpg

Stinky Pete should have ended up at the day care too!

This film was so good. I can't stop thinking about it. It would be awesome if it won Best Picture.

Last edited:

Poll added. Easily 5 stars.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the inimitable ***gotron's new vid is from Toy Story(and I can't stop watching it).

[video=youtube;p6j0gev29MA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6j0gev29MA[/video]

(edit: ***gotron's actual channel is unlinkable because his name's in the link, but this will do. Various vids of his are also posted under different names or by Disney themselves because of copyright stuff)

Last edited:
Took my kids to see this today and it was awesome. Words don't do it justice. It was hilarious and heartbreaking all at the same time.

The best part was the screaming monkey, though.

Imagine what Pixar will do next!

Oh... Cars 2. :(

Latest posts

Back