Toy Story 3 discussion (Spoilers!)

What would you give Toy Story 3?

• Total voters
Took my kids to see this today and it was awesome. Words don't do it justice. It was hilarious and heartbreaking all at the same time.

The best part was the screaming monkey, though.

The screaming monkey was terrifying.

Imagine what Pixar will do next!

Oh... Cars 2. :(

I'm really looking forward to "Cars 2." The first one is one of my five favorite Pixar films. However, I'm a little concerned as it seems they're having production problems.

Imagine what Pixar will do next!

Oh... Cars 2. :(

I still haven't seen Cars because it just didn't appeal to me at the time. If anything, it getting a sequel will probably prompt me to see it. I hope it's good.

Honestly, Toy Story 3 was always my main, desperate hope for a Disney/Pixar film and the one I checked every year to see if they were making. Now that they have and it was brilliant, I am okay with whatever they make next. Hopefully at least one Incredibles sequel within the next few years.

Yeah, I'd rather see an Incredibles sequel than a Cars sequel.

The Incredibles is by far my favorite Pixar film...I'd love it if they made another one. I love it's anti-mediocrity message. All around great film.

Last edited:
toystory4treatment_dan.jpg

I just got back from watching this. I voted full stars. I loved this film. I loved 1 and 2 but 3 was easily as good. I'm glad the Little Green Men were a part of the group that was still there as I LOVED the LGMs in 1, 2 and the Buzz cartoon. Also in this movie Barbie was AWESOME :lol: Great film.

My only real problem was the ending. When Andy gives them away and plays with them in the same character he gave them when he was like 8. It felt too forced like they were trying too hard to make people go ":( Awwwww" Besides that the film was cool though.

If I had to rate it, it would easily be a 4.7 / 5

I can't think of the last time the third movie in a series was this good. GOLDFINGER maybe?

TOY STORY 3 is the greatest movie of all time.

Now, I know I say that every Pixar film, and I know I say, "This time I mean it" every time too, but, this is the greatest movie of all time and this time I mean it. :D

Also, thank you Pixar for the little vignettes during the credits. I'm certain those were put in to make sure that people didn't slip and break their legs as they walked out of the cinema on a floor of tears.

Y'know how in MONSTERS INC they have this whole idea that monsters are powered by screams?

I think Pixar is powered by tears.

Also: TOTORO!!!!

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the party, but I just came home from viewing this.

Holy bananas was this awesome. Loved it to bits.

I saw this for a second time because I NEEDED TO.

Or rather, I had a free coupon to see it and get a free ticket - Twofer! So I took my mum who hadn't seen it.

But! It had to be a 3D screening.

3D SUCKS.

I hate it. When the camera is still and not moving, it works absolutely fine. But when there's a lot of movement (which... y'know happens in action movies which... y'know is the only type of movie in 3D) especially camera movement, the whole damn thing goes out of focus.

I do not understand the entertainment value. All it does is continually make my eyes strain and I get a bit of a headache as a result. It's just annoying.

And then AND THEN not only is it out of focus and blurry so I'm straining to see stuff, but it's also much darker, making it washed out and grimey and in there's a dark scene then all of a sudden I have to strain to overcome that...

I can't stand it. 3D is the worst damn thing I've seen in their attempt to stop pirate movies and milk us for more money. The least they could do is charge the same price and not make us pay for the Plastic Goggles of Inevitable Eye-Bleeding.

Anyhow - the movie itself, is incredible because it is Pixar and they're unstoppable in their fantastitude.

But 3D is rubbish.

I don't believe so. The same was true for UP in 3D or as it shall now be known - Crapovision.

And I use the term 'vision' lightly.

Last edited:
I had no problem with the 3D in Up.

I hate 3D with a passion. I never paid attention to any of the vision problems because I was too busy clutching my head from the massive headache.

(Oh my gosh I love love love love love this movie. Seriously. If I can write a book half as good as what Pixar does I will die a happy man.)

Anyone know when the DVD is coming out? I'd love to see the short they put together. I'm hoping Sid is involved, though I'm guessing it'll be starring the little green aliens and their adventure at the junkyard during the climax.

I'm far from the current 3D wave's biggest fan, and sometimes it's really crap like Clash Of The Titans(and even Avatar at times), but with Toy Story 3 I thought it was just fine. Not necessary, but a simple bonus that made the movie look that much cooler. No blurring at all, no darkness, etc. Looked great.

Latest posts

Back