TPB Reviews by Ultimates

Ultimates

Hey all, was thinking of ways I could contribute more to the site, and then I realized I could help by reviewing books I have or have read, saving you the time and money! I will try to post as often as possible, and will give an HONEST, UNBIASED (just because he's Batman doesnt mean his writers cant suck... :) ) reviews on all sorts of books, old new, and generally books I think some readers may have over looked... ENJOY!

BATMAN: YEAR TWO: FEAR THE REAPER
1288_180x270.jpg
A sequel to BATMAN: YEAR ONE, this collection explores Batman's second year prowling the streets of Gotham as its protector. As the Dark Knight continues to build the foundation for his relationship with James Gordon, Gotham's original vigilante, the Reaper, returns to the streets and begins dealing lethal justice. As the body count grows, Batman must form an uneasy alliance with the man who is responsible for his existence, Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne's parents. Now as Batman struggles with emotions and ghosts of the past, he must find a way to stop the murderous onslaught of the Reaper before he becomes his next victim.

Ever walk in on your grandmother in the shower, and wish you could take that moment back? Well, this is your grandmother all over again. At first, you look at this Reaper character and think "hmmm, interesting".... but look at the plot. Batman/ Joe Chill TEAM UP?!?!? Oh, and if thats not bad enough...
Batman has the weapon that took his parents lives, and has decided the only way to stop Reaper is to kill him..

I will say the artwork is decent, nothing amazing, but decent. 176pg's also isnt a bad read, but look at the pricetag: 19.95. WAY excessive for a horrible story.

This story is a horrible story and a DISGRACE as a supposed follow up to Year One. Horrible character work, rushed characters and a more than average price tag spell doom for this one. Avoid at ALL costs.

FINAL VERDICT:
0 out of 5 stars. [FLOP]

Last edited:
Bullseye: Greatest Hits
0785115129.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The untold origin of Daredevil's ultimate nemesis is revealed at last! And who thought being bad could be so much fun? Featuring timely cameos by Daredevil, Elektra, the Kingpin, and the Punisher!

If your looking for a book that doesnt require intensive background and just pure fun, this is one you really should check out. Delving into Bullseye's past, we get a nice blend of humor and violence.

I know there are some of you who really dislike Dillions work, and I will agree, I can spot it a mile away, somehow ALL his faces look similiar, but I wouldnt say his artwork is bad (plus, NO ONE but him could have done PREACHER).

Even though this is a rather short story, 120pg's, coming in at 13.95 isnt bad, esp. when 5 issues costs a little more than that. Like I said, a fun read that could be a little cheaper, but I would gladly buy again.

FINAL VERDICT:
3.5 out of 5 stars. [Very Enjoyable]

GREEN LANTERN: WILLWORLD​

1361_180x270.jpg

1360_180x270.jpg

In GREEN LANTERN: WILLWORLD, an inexperienced Hal Jordan must undergo a surreal right of passage in order to fully understand and master his power ring. Waking up on a strange hallucinatory world with no recollection of making a journey, Green Lantern attempts to decipher the insanity around him while instilling justice in a mad existence. Dealing with a senseless reality, Hal is forced to learn how to focus his will, thus accessing the true, unbridled power of his ring. Featuring strikingly beautiful artwork, this book reveals how Hal Jordan transformed himself from a novice hero to a revered legend.

Sooo, you just read Rebirth, and now you wanna get some more Hal Jordon, right? Well, I got some bad news for you... this book is a letdown. Yes, it is nice to see the jump Hal Jordon had to take to become the fearless Green Lantern, but seriously, this book just feels like it drags, and its ONLY 74pg's!

If you are looking for some brightly colored, nicely drawn pictures, but not much else, than I guuuuesss I could recommend this one to you, but at a price of 17.95sc and 24.95hc, I could name ALOT of books you would be MUCH better off with

FINAL VERDICT
2 out of 5 stars. [Nice to see some backstory, but what good if you have to force yourself through?

Last edited:
Y: THE LAST MAN VOL. 1: UNMANNED​

1736_180x270.jpg

When a plague of unknown origin instantly kills every mammal with a Y chromosome, unemployed and unmotivated slacker Yorick Brown suddenly discovers that he is the only male left in a world inhabited solely by women. Accompanied by his mischievous monkey and the mysterious Agent 355, Yorick embarks on a transcontinental journey to find his girlfriend and discover why he is the last man on Earth. But with a gang of feminist extremists and the leader of the Israel Defense Forces hunting him, Yorick's future, as well as that of the human race, may be short-lived.

For those of you who havent picked up this book yet.... GET TO THE STORE NOW!! Nice artwork and a GREAT story! This book will make you laugh, yell, and beg for more! Honestly, I ordered this book a year ago, and didnt think I would like it much. I picked it up, and then couldnt put it down! The next week, I ordered vol. 2-5 (6 is also out and 7 shortly on the way), and just BREEZED through them.

Honestly, at a good price (12.99), this book is just simply amazing, and you will NOT be disappointed!

FINAL VERDICT:
5 out of 5 stars. [AMAZING]

Ultimates said:
BATMAN: YEAR TWO: FEAR THE REAPER
1288_180x270.jpg
A sequel to BATMAN: YEAR ONE, this collection explores Batman's second year prowling the streets of Gotham as its protector. As the Dark Knight continues to build the foundation for his relationship with James Gordon, Gotham's original vigilante, the Reaper, returns to the streets and begins dealing lethal justice. As the body count grows, Batman must form an uneasy alliance with the man who is responsible for his existence, Joe Chill, the murderer of Bruce Wayne's parents. Now as Batman struggles with emotions and ghosts of the past, he must find a way to stop the murderous onslaught of the Reaper before he becomes his next victim.

Ever walk in on your grandmother in the shower, and wish you could take that moment back? Well, this is your grandmother all over again. At first, you look at this Reaper character and think "hmmm, interesting".... but look at the plot. Batman/ Joe Chill TEAM UP?!?!? Oh, and if thats not bad enough...
Batman has the weapon that took his parents lives, and has decided the only way to stop Reaper is to kill him..

I will say the artwork is decent, nothing amazing, but decent. 176pg's also isnt a bad read, but look at the pricetag: 19.95. WAY excessive for a horrible story.

This story is a horrible story and a DISGRACE as a supposed follow up to Year One. Horrible character work, rushed characters and a more than average price tag spell doom for this one. Avoid at ALL costs.

FINAL VERDICT:
0 out of 5 stars. [FLOP]

That doesn't exist.

Batman year two gets 0 out of 5 stars. Was it really that bad?

Ultimates said:
it was HORRIBLE

I've not read it. I've not read many batman books but I have a friend who loves batman and always talks about year one. So I assumed year two would also be good.

sjmole said:
I've not read it. I've not read many batman books but I have a friend who loves batman and always talks about year one. So I assumed year two would also be good.
Year One is by Frank Miller and David Mazuchelli. Year Two is by...I have no idea. But it ain't Miller or Mazuchelli.

Latest posts

Back