Transformers Comics

I can't access the link at the beginning of the thread. can anyone get me a better link to the article? also could a mod merge the transformers licence thread that I created with this one?

oh and some other thoughts: Why is it that with every company that picks up the transformers license that they have to reboot the G1 continuity every time? dosen't that get annoying that when ever a long time transformers comic fan picks up the new comics by the new license holder that they have to read ANOTHER reboot of the G1 continuity? why can't the license just stay with one publisher instead of it being rebooted every time?

Last edited:
The "Transformers Animated" books that first appeared on Amazon.ca last month have appeared on the U.S. site. Each book is scheduled for a May 6, 2008 release while the books are scheduled to release in Canada on April 23, 2008.

Transformers Animated: Robot Roll Call (I Can Read Book 2)
by Jennifer Frantz (Author)
List Price: $3.99

Transformers Animated: How To Draw
by Tbd (Author), Carlo Loraso (Illustrator)
List Price: $5.99

Transformers Animated Coloring and Activity Book and Crayons
by Nicole Monastirsky (Author), Tom Lapadula (Illustrator), Jim Durk (Illustrator)
List Price: $4.99

Transformers Animated Attack of the Dinobots!
by Aaron Rosenberg (Author)
List Price: $3.99

theses are based on the upcoming cartoon. I'm tempted to buy them if they comic like just to fill my collection of transformers

theses are based on the upcoming cartoon. I'm tempted to buy them if they comic like just to fill my collection of transformers

Those are books for like 5 year olds.

The IDW books are really good. It's a reboot and is generally inspired by G1 but not confined by it. The only new TF book out there that sucks is the crossover with New Avengers.

To be honest, don't bother picking up any of the DW-made stuff as that jerk Pat Lee just killed off his company with zero warning (and lots of unpaid staff) and cut off the comics without proper conclusions. Although some people are saying that IDW is working it out to get all the rights for the unprinted stuff, I don't see why would anyone care right now for a continuity that hasn't been updated for 3 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back