UFC Bitter Rivals

Ultimate MJ

Anyone see the Shamrock-Ortiz fight?

Thoughts on the early stoppage, speculation for the next rematch can go here...

Personally, I would have liked to see the fight go on longer. But thats only because I dislike Shamrock, and I think Tito was prepared to deal some serious damage.

This might be a dumb question, but are these real? Or is it like WWE?

WWE is lame with a capital "L".

E said:
This might be a dumb question, but are these real? Or is it like WWE?

WWE is lame with a capital "L".
Far as I know, these are real.

And wrestleing is lame. I used to like it, but that was a long, long time ago.

Ice said:
Far as I know, these are real.

And wrestleing is lame. I used to like it, but that was a long, long time ago.

It is lame. I saw it once and turned off the TV because it was so pathetic.

well ive watched most of the ufc from the beginning. missed a lot of ufc20-35 era and have always been a big fan of ken. to really appreciate the guy you have to go see some of his pancrase stuff and understand why he is deservedly a legend.
the overall show was poor, herbs stoppage was too early and arlovski-sylvia bored the crap out of me.
i never brought up mma on here cos i figured nobody else cared on UC so its cool to have someone to discuss it with

UFC is real AFAIK, but in some way it os even more boring the WWE.

Seriously. I'm sure there is the occasionnal interesting match but it seems each time I tuned in there was two guys, often slightly fat, rolling around on the floor, grunting and trying to wrap their legs around the head of the other guy or trying to flip him on his back and ride him cowboy style.

Kinda gay, isn't it?

:lol:

Seriously, most of it is incredibly slow and boring.

Last edited:
JonnyFreeze said:
well ive watched most of the ufc from the beginning. missed a lot of ufc20-35 era and have always been a big fan of ken. to really appreciate the guy you have to go see some of his pancrase stuff and understand why he is deservedly a legend.
the overall show was poor, herbs stoppage was too early and arlovski-sylvia bored the crap out of me.
i never brought up mma on here cos i figured nobody else cared on UC so its cool to have someone to discuss it with

I havent been a UFC fan for very long, so maybe I just dont understand Ken. All I know is he comes off as a big jerk on steroids. I like Tito because he acts nice in front of the cameras, no matter what he may be like off camera. Shamrock just reminds me of every jerk jock I played sports with in HS, people I have no interest in dealing with now. Obsessed with themselves and machismo. ugh.

And I really didnt think the stoppage was unjustified, I mean there were 6 consecutive, unanswered, undefended elbows to the face. Imagine what you would be saying about Tito and the ref if they hadnt stopped it, and Shamrock had brain damage or was paralyzed. Ken was in a REALLY bad spot, if you watch it, his legs went limp after the first elbow. Thats usually a sign that the fight needs to be stopped.

And E, as near as I can tell, the matches are real. Although the sport seems to increasingly shifting to focus on personalities over fighters, and hype over good sportsmanship. So in 5 years, I wouldnt be surprised if the fights were fixed for box office sales.

i dunno i try not to comment on that fight because my opinion is likely to be biased anyway lol. here is the bottom line for me on tito. ken was screwed with that rematch deal.
here are the facts:

ken has a few minor injuries plus a torn ACL. the UFC really wants to push this fight but ken was never 100 percent. to compensate him for this, dana white promised him a rematch if he lost.
so ken loses at the age of 37 and tito ducks the rematch for 5 years. ken finally gets his rematch at the age of 42. this is the only fight he has cared about in that time.
as for ken on steroids. ken no longer takes steroids. he has admitted to taking them in the past to help with his fight career but one time whilst taking them he suffered a heart attack when fighting in japan during a match which he was winning.
u must have been watching TUF3 right? that show made ken out to be a jerk and made tito look like he gave a ****. tito was so fake on that show. notice how ken is always the one who ends up pissed off in the arguments till one of the last episodes where ken remarks that "tito is putting on a show". thats when the tables turn and its ken doing the winding up because hey he must have hit a nerve with tito. truth hurts right?
i really want his brother Frank Shamrock to return to the UFC. he was better than ken and in my opinion the greatest UFC champion of all time. lol @ frank vs tito where tito tapped out to strikes. peepl like to act like tito is so tough

Last edited:
lol that sounds so much linke one big excuse. in a way it is but im just annoyed they had ken wait so long for a rematch. old father time caught up with ken

I still think he lost legitmately, but Tito said he would beat Ken up again so...? If Kens up for it, there may be a third match. He is getting old though.

And yeah, TUF3 made Tito look like a saint and Ken look like a dick. I know its all edited to create a story out of very little reality, but the fact is Tito knows how to please the fans by acting nice. Im sure hes a total dick off camera, but all I see is whats on camera.

And Ken comes off (not necesarily is, but comes off) as a self obsessed jackass. Plus his "strategy" on TUF3 was awful, and his training was awful too. 3 out of 4 finalists were from Titos team, and Kens only finalist spent the entire time whining about how he wished he was on Titos team.

But that was pretty damn sweet when Frank Shamrock beat the crap out of Tito in UFC 22.

like ken said "this thing is about me vs tito" so ken didnt give a crap about the team which is why he brought that nutrition expert on board. hmm havent we seen this guy before? yea, thats right hes one of kens old buddys. the gig on tuf3 for him was a favour to his friend. ken says he started to care more towards the end of the program when tito was realy rubbin it in his face

yes, ken lost

E.Vi.L. said:
UFC is real AFAIK, but in some way it os even more boring the WWE.

Seriously. I'm sure there is the occasionnal interesting match but it seems each time I tuned in there was two guys, often slightly fat, rolling around on the floor, grunting and trying to wrap their legs around the head of the other guy or trying to flip him on his back and ride him cowboy style.

Kinda gay, isn't it?

:lol:

Seriously, most of it is incredibly slow and boring.

I saw an episode once with a guy pulling down his pants and mooning a guy.

Latest posts

Back