Uff #14 Spoilers

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Well, Ellis DID AFTER ALL explain why Ross is here. He's alive, and back from the dead. The exact words that Sue said on that were:

"Ross is so crazy he got shot or blown up or something and then came back to life. On the slab."

Now, overall, the issue was good. Still set-up for getting to the N-Zone, but at the end, they got there. The issue was a good read. Ellis did great with Dr. Storm reaction about Reed taking his kids into the N-Zone. And the funny part was that Johnny got to name the shuttle "AWESOME". I wondered how that name came about. Well, now we all know.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Must've forgotten about that. I have read it though.

Anyways, I loved UFF 14. Right off the bat, I was laughing at the part with Dirty Tim. It's always fun when they talk about former kids from the think tank. Also, I don't know why, but the whole grounded issue between Storm and his kids had me laughing. It may have been the way he said it.

I'm usually happy with a slow paced story, but you really have to wonder when they're all going to decide on their superhero names. On the other hand, it's fun to read test names like The Rockpile That Smells Like A Sick Buffalo.

I think the two page spreads were wonderfully done. I like how you can (almost) always see the N-Zone entrance far off in the desert. Kubert even took the time to draw in the worker Port-O-Pottys!

Heh heh. AWESOME.

So, Ross is really back? I'm all right with that, but don't you think that we have a bit of a problem here? Fury is director of SHIELD and so is Ross apparently... o_O. Also, Fury said that he was dead in one of the issues of Ultimate X-Men. What gives?

I loved this issue. Funny as hell. Still cant believe that Ross is back. Fury said that Ross was dead in the Return of the King story arc. Issue 27 I believe it was. AWESOME, that was funny as hell.

It was funny to me. Beside "Im so gonna kill you" was even funnier. Everybody has a diffrent sense of humor.

icemastertron said:
Well, Ellis DID AFTER ALL explain why Ross is here. He's alive, and back from the dead. The exact words that Sue said on that were:

"Ross is so crazy he got shot or blown up or something and then came back to life. On the slab."

BOOOOOOO!!!

I wanted an explanation, not a recap. :?

icemastertron said:
Sorry, E, that's all Ellis did.

I know - I did read it finally.

Ellis is a good writer, and despite dragging on forever his stories so far have been good, but the 4 panels per page with the 15 (or so it seemed) full and 2-page layouts at the end was RIDICULOUS.

I can't wait for Millar to take over.

Hey, how did you like Johnny naming the shuttle AWESOME? I thought it was a bit funny when I found out it was him who named it.

So, do you think Millar will elaborate on this? I mean, General Ross? It would seem that, because he's coming on and he was the one who actually killed Ross in the first place, that it would be the best time to do so. We need to know his position as well as how Fury took it now that he's alive again... Ellis bit off more than he could chew with this one. He's really got Marvel's editting staff under his thumb, huh?

icemastertron said:
Hey, how did you like Johnny naming the shuttle AWESOME? I thought it was a bit funny when I found out it was him who named it.

I didn't think it was nearly as funny as some people do. Not that it wasn't amusing.

Goodwill said:
So, do you think Millar will elaborate on this? I mean, General Ross?

Sadly, I doubt it.

Well, I sent a letter into Marvel to see what the "feck" was up with General Ross and, although I've yet to get a response, if I get one I'll be sure to share it with you... I'm sure that Marvel is catching a lot of heat about now for that.

You know, I think the best way to explain the Situation with Ross would be as simple to say that he was voted out. Somebody mentioned on another thread that he seemed more "old school" and they couldn't really picture him using SHIELD's top tech and I agree with that statement. What if SHIELD sponsors or a Board or something came to the conclusion that Ross wasn't the best choice to be leading SHIELD in a world where superhuman terrorists are emerging? Remember, it was on Ross's watch that Magneto attacked The White House and broadcast the event to the public (as opposed to when The Six attacked The White House under Fury's watch and they were able to cover it up).

Ross's apparant death would be the perfect time to go ahead and replace him with a more suitable successor to avoid controversy and disagreements from other parties, since they would all think he was dead. Meanwhile, Ross is moved to a top secret project involving the exploration and experimentation of The N-Zone.

Ofcourse, several higher-ups in SHIELD would know that Ross was alive and well, including Fury. His comment in Return of the King about Magneto's attack being under Ross's watch would fit in well as a sign that perhaps many SHIELD personnel lost faith in Ross as a leader. We already know what John Wraith thought of him...maybe that opinion was wider spread than we know.

It all sounds like something SHIELD are capable of to me, even keeping Betty uninformed of her father's survival.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back