Uff #21 Discussion (spoilers)

The Sound of Thunder was like, 5 pages. Short sci-fi with a twist. Not enough material for a feature length, so expect a short-story payoff to a 2-hour cgi extravaganza with huge departures from the original story line and a crappy love interest too.

Bass said:
The Sound of Thunder was like, 5 pages. Short sci-fi with a twist. Not enough material for a feature length, so expect a short-story payoff to a 2-hour cgi extravaganza with huge departures from the original story line and a crappy love interest too.

Starring Ben Affleck, no doubt...

notTHATtodd said:
You've got to give the guy credit, he managed to get people buzzing and excited (angry?) by the simple act of titling a 3 issue arc "Crossover". The man is a genius.

I believe he came right out and pretty much said that it would be with 616 in one of his interviews. I'm not saying this in a bad way but he blantantly lied to us.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I believe he came right out and pretty much said that it would be with 616 in one of his interviews. I'm not saying this in a bad way but he blantantly lied to us.
And what interview was that? Every interview Ive seen him talk about Crossover NEVER had him say it was actually a 616 crossover... :sure:

He never said it was a 616 crossover. I don't really care if it was or not.

TheManWithoutFear said:

The closest he came to saying anything like that was when he called it the crossover that nobody wanted to see happen or something like that.

UltimateE said:
No no no - he's laughing because you said "hasn't stopped disappointing" when you obviously meant something along the lines of "hasnt' disappointed" or "hasn't stopped impressing." Get it now? Ease up - he's just kidding. :wink:

On to the issue....

Wow.

This issue is one of the best Ultimate issues ever. Certainly the best Ultimate issue not titled "Ultimates".

Holding the first lifeform out of the ocean hostage? Pure genius. This is exactly the high-flying over the top stuff that UFF should have been from the get-go. Mark Waid, in my opinion, wrote some of the best FF stories of all time, and this builds right off that. Fun, adventurous, and totally fitting of what this book should be.

Greg Land....I think I have a new favorite artist (sorry Bryan Hitch). Best Sue Storm ever - wow :shock: . Everyone looks great, really. And the colors work perfectly with the art.

Let give a big fat "toldjaso" in regards to UFF Reed meeting 616 Reed. I knew they weren't going to do it, and I told you guys, but you still *****ed about it. Can't wait to see what's up with these zombies. MwoF I like your post-Gah Lak Tus theory a lot but I don't think that's what it will be since we don't have the full Gah Lak Tus story yet. But if it is I certainly won't be complaining.

A+ for this issue. Perfect. I want to frame this and put it on my wall.

Ahhh screw you :( I want this issue SOOO bad now, really great talking about it! Best Ultimate title yet? CRAZY STUFF! Also about the reed thing, it's just awesome !

So much for smartest man... but I enjoyed this issue. I think I saw this in a Michael Jackson video. If they start dancing i'd be lMAO.

Has anyone else pointed out that the time machine looks like Marvel is giving the Stargate people a big ole chance to sue them?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Honestly I'm too lazy too look it up but somewhere on Ultiamte-X.com I was arguing that it wasn't going to be 616 and they slapped me with some quote so I'm just the messanger boys....

Yeah, that place'll do that to you. ;)

Anyway, I just got the issue today and didn't think there was all that much to it other than the fact that Millar's on the title, spicing it up. It's a different read and certainly picking up since the last time we saw the UFF, but that sort of change is certainly welcome. The ending was odd, but I'm ready to see what the heck is going on with the Zombies... It's obviously not 616, though.

jtg3885 said:
Has anyone else pointed out that the time machine looks like Marvel is giving the Stargate people a big ole chance to sue them?

"It's not a 'Stargate', it's a 'Fargate'! From the makers of 'Findependence Day'!"

-Ogelthorpe, Plutonian *******

jtg3885 said:
You know if the position was reversed they'd be all over that too.

Well, not to be a stick in the mud, but I just thought the portal was a generic look for a time machine. It would really be odd if we saw a flying Delorean crop up in the title... Then we have something to worry about! :)

Am I the only one who thought that Sue, especially in the scenes with her in that little top, smacked of Emma Frost? The face too, reminded me of P:E.

I thought the issue waspretty good, i read it on the way to france, and hey, it got my bro reading comics, and he generally stays well away, calling me a geek. Damn age differebce, why, if he was five years yoyunger i still couldn't kick his ***. Damn sports freak.

moonmaster said:
"It's not a 'Stargate', it's a 'Fargate'! From the makers of 'Findependence Day'!"

-Ogelthorpe, Plutonian *******

Hahahahahaahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahah!

Latest posts

Back