Ultimate... 616.. WHAT????? (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

UltimateE said:
If they will go so far as to have John Cassaday draw fake pages of Astonishing to trick us into thinking it was Jean coming back, they would cook something up with Diamond to get people talking about this series.

Relax people, it ain't gonna happen.
Yay, he answered! :D

iceman said:
Samuel L. Fury and Nick Fury suddenly meet, look at each other up and down, real slow:

Samuel L. Fury: "Aw, hell no!"

That would make this worth it.

I would read it if they could work that scene in.

eroz said:
It is possible that Moore's choice was inspired by the release date of Fantastic Four #1, which is considered by most to be the date the modern Marvel Universe was launched. Although the cover date of the comic book is given as November 1961, there are claims that the comic book was released as early as June 1961, hence, "61/6". Other Alternate Earths.

It is also possible that "616" is a reference to the Number of the Beast in the final chapter of the Christian Bible, the Book of Revelation (or the Apocalypse of John). While most early manuscripts give the Number of the Beast as "666", the earliest existing fragment of the Greek text of this book gives it as "616". Irenaeus argued against the "616" number in his neverending battle against early heresies. Moore, a student of mystic esoterica from a very early age, could well have known about this alternate rendering. Quite why the Marvel Universe should even be named after the Number of the Beast may be an indirect reference to set it apart from the DC Universe. For many years, the headquarters of DC Comics was located at 666 Fifth Avenue in New York City. Thus, the name could be a subtle joke that the DC Universe was Earth-666 while the Marvel Universe was Earth-616; both numbers, of course, are renderings of the Number of the Beast.

I'm like reading this and thinking... what the hell... dude you are insane.

I agree as I stated before I think they should do a crossover but not for a few more years and only in a mini so the people that don't want it don't have to get it.

especially if it is the Samuel L. Fury miniseries where he kicks back in his shag pad with his *****es and his jazz music.

or fights White Nick Fury.

And another thing...they can call it a "familiar" world - that doesn't mean familiar to us. I'm reading it as familiar to Reed. So who knows what that means.

Nurhachi said:
Come on guys, we all know that the crossover arc is when Ultimate FF meet UMTU FF :p

:rockon:

Bendis did say that in this arc Millar wraps up that little anomaly so....

UltimateE said:
If they will go so far as to have John Cassaday draw fake pages of Astonishing to trick us into thinking it was Jean coming back, they would cook something up with Diamond to get people talking about this series.

Relax people, it ain't gonna happen.

Wait til you see their newest one,i'll post it in a few minutes.

UltimateE is right. they are going trying to get people start worrying about what's going to happen and that's what going to help sell the book more then it already has.

Nurhachi said:
Come on guys, we all know that the crossover arc is when Ultimate FF meet UMTU FF :p

:rockon:
Amen to that! This is in reference to a theory you posted elsewhere, yes Nurhachi?

My only concern is that even if they resolve Ultimate Marvel Team-Up # 9, it still doesn't answer the question of what seems to be the Ultimate Human Torch in Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special (AKA UMTU's Finale). Bendis refers to it as "the future of such a meeting" which suggests that HE considers it out of canon, but up to now it hasn't been OFFICIALLY written out.

Meaning: If the "out of continuity" UMTU # 9 gets resolved, will Super Special get resolved as well? The former seems easy because of all that universe-hopping stuff but the latter seems to be a bigger problem.

Ulimate Marvel Team-Up #9 has been said it is out of conituity. The Super Special hasn't. But then again in it Peter had to give a report on heros. He also was told that same report in the Double Trouble arc. But when he gives the report it was a totally different teacher than the one who assign it to him. I don't think that has to do with anything but it was a thought.

Latest posts

Back