Ultimate Avengers 2 discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

hey everyone, i thought Ultimate Avengers and Ultimate Avengers 2 were good. but I saw them before the Ultimates. but it would have easily have been R if they would have Giant Man beating Wasp.

Victor Von Doom said:
That might've actually been an improvement.

I can't ever agree with something that says Card could make an improvement on something. Thats like the comic book equivilent of sitting in a dark room smelling gas and lighting a match to find the leak....

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
I can't ever agree with something that says Card could make an improvement on something. Thats like the comic book equivilent of sitting in a dark room smelling gas and lighting a match to find the leak....

Considering the giant cluster **** that this movie is......ANYTHING is better than it.

ANYTHING.

Including Card. :neutral:

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
To be fair, these films could have been a lot, lot worse. I mean, Orson Scott Card could have written them.
He didn't?

I'm surprised, honestly.

I just saw this and thought it was great. I dont get all the hating on this movie, it was pretty good. Sure itys no Ultimates but really what could compare to the ultimates. The plot was good, action was great, characterization was okay. The Panther was pretty well done, a lot better than I was expecting, they had his role as king and personality pretty well done (though I'm not a big Panther reader). I loved Caps opening scene and his flash back and TChilla's fathers death scene.

The things I didnt like were the Man Panther, which really only has like 10 seconds of screen time and they dont really go into it, no big deal. The technology of Wakanka (how ever its spelt), I never liked the idea of and advance hidden civilization but the presence of viberanium makes it work a little better. People complain about the laser cannons when they had like 50 years to study the crashed Alien ship. The Banner interogation was poorly done. But all of these are just small minor things.

I really dont understand why people hate it so much, actually saying UIM is better. I can get if you didn't like it or did find it entertaining, but to hate so much I just don't get. It based on the ultimates, not the Ultimates thus the name Ultimate AVENGERS. They take some of the basic ideas and characters its not a direct translation nor was it ever meant to be. I just really dont understand why people hated it that much

leather_w0lf said:
This thing with Panther scares me. Will he be able to become MAN PANTHER in Ultimates 3? Same with Pym dying, which may very well happen at the end of Ultimates 2.
That's not going to happen, they've become separate continuities. and I think its been stated that Panther will be different

Iceshadow said:
God, don't remind me of that **** stain of a show. What retard makes an Avengers show without Cap, Iron Man, or Thor? To top it off they made Ant-Man and Wasp co-leaders, bull****.
They didnt have the rights to add Cap, Iron man, and Thor only allow cameos. Still they shouldnt have done it

Last edited:
I've seen both UA1 and UA2, and while they're obviously not The Ultimates, they aren't bad. This is the sort of thing that if it appeared on Saturday morning television, I'd actually tune in next week for the next episode. (And I don't watch much television, either, so that's no mean feat.) I'm considering ordering a copy of each for my library, as the only comc book-based DVDs we have right now are all manga.

olavthehairy said:
I have sunk so low, not only do I own, and cherish, UA1 and have UA2 on order, I have even ordered the utterly ridiculous Ulimates DVD comic.
Well, so do I, and I don't see this as a problem. I picked up the comic DVD to see how they would do the voices and the adaptation, and thought it was a fairly good job (except for Thor's voice, which I expected to have some sort of accent. On the DVD, he sounds like someone from the northeastern US, not like someone who was presumably born and raised in Norway). Of course, I'm used to DVDs of children's picture books where the "movie" is just still shots of the book's art while someone reads the story, so this wasn't much different.

JonnyFreeze said:
and i hate ultimate thor without his facial hair
I'm not wild about it either -- he looks like a college kid. :D I think that was done just to differentiate the series from the Ultimates and make it more Avenger-ish.

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
To be fair, these films could have been a lot, lot worse. I mean, Orson Scott Card could have written them.
Comments like this suggest that you've never actually read anything by Card, outside of UIM. If that's your only exposure to Card's writing, you're missing out on some good stuff. Go read Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, and Card's Shadow series. His Homecoming Saga (The Memory of Earth, The Call of Earth, The Ships of Earth, Earthfall, and Earthborn) is also worth a look. I personally enjoyed Past Watch: the Redemption of Christopher Columbus, but that's partly because the book deals with an alternative past in which the Native Americans were forwarned and forearmed against the coming of the Europeans, and that sort of thing appeals to me.

I liked Ultimate Avengers.

I rented Ultimate Avengers 2 hoping it would also be o.k.

It was the most boring and stupid hour and 13 minutes of my life.

I haven't been that utterly bored while watching a film since Napoleon Dynamite. I hated that movie.

Of course after seeing it, I quoted it for weeks. :)

1/5

I saw this last week and it was not as good as the first one. I liked the Black Panther he was pretty cool but overall this movie was a let down. The gag reel was somewhat funny though. Tony Starks House of Ribs!!!:D

It was a good avengers movie with ultimate influences.

There were some moments that baffled me.

-When Wasp was in the infirmary she was in a gown then a second later she was in costume.

-Same with Black Panther's quick change.

-When Pym and Iron Man were falling, they were falling into New York, not Wandaka.

Besides this small details, I liked it. I don't see how this can even compared to Card's UIM. Or the horrid Suoerman "Brainiac Attacks. Those were garbage.

i knew it wasn't going to be the Ultimates after seeing the first one.

It will be aired this saturday on toonami. They showed the first one last night. just a heads up for those who haven't seen it and want to without paying the big bucks.

Latest posts

Back