Ultimate Ben Reilly - thoughts & predictions

THE STORY: "CARNAGE" parts 4 & 5 (of 6) The origin of Ultimate Carnage and the horror that one Dr. Curtis Connors has wrought. And Spider-Man may be helpless to stop it! And don't miss the big showdown between Spider-Man & Carnage! And the outcome is NOT what you expect. And what is that Ben Reilly up to!? 32 PGS. (each)/ALL AGES …$2.25 (each)

i think he'll get involved in the fight and either get bonded with Carnage, reveal he has spider powers and fight carnage, or get killed by carnage

I don't know the concept is a tad silly. It would require either a duplication of the unique way Peter was given his powers or a clone which would be excedingly messy. I could maybe see it as a SHEILD project as they have OZ now, but I think Fury will be quite careful around creatingmore super-soldiers given all the trouble the various side projects have caused. And the only other people who know how Spider-Man aquired his powers are Norman Osborn and Otto Octavius (the others who knew the details were killed in the explosion). Conners knows the genetics but I don't see him being anywhere near a lab after the Carnage mess, and Ben Rielly knows nothing about where the blood sample came from and doesn't seem the sort to randomly inject himself with stuff.

I think whatever it is he does, it's the last thing we'll see from him in the Ultimate universe.

Absolutely. He's a bit part. A novelty.

It's not to say he won't make the most of the spotlight he's been given. Even though I say he won't show up again after this arc doesn't mean he won't play a key role in bringing Carnage down. Also, I love the idea of an Ultimate Scarlet Spider. But who says that it has to be Ben Reilly?

Me. lol, it might as well be Peter, too. Everytime Bendis changes things... The line-up for Ultimate Six or the identity of Carnage, it seems like Spidey has something to do with it! lol.

It's not to say he won't make the most of the spotlight he's been given. Even though I say he won't show up again after this arc doesn't mean he won't play a key role in bringing Carnage down.

Agreed. When I said a bit part I probably should have said "small part" - and just because it's small doesn't mean it's unimportant, if that makes any sene to anyone but me ;)

In the issue we last saw him... There was a policeman behind him and he was walking out of the crime scene of the murdered security gaurd looking quite guilty. Don't you remember this?

I think the policeman was standing behind him, I really don't think he was under arrest. What would they arrest him for? They don't know anything about anything....

Well, I would think that he was brought in for being there for that amount of time... He was just sitting there and stuff, wouldn't you think he's a bit suspect?

Latest posts

Back