Ultimate Ben Reilly - thoughts & predictions

You guys think maybe Rielly sabataged Connors experement? Maybe it was Rielly that created carnage, as a test maybe???

No, I think, if that happened, it would have been part of the immediate plot and story... Ben Reilly was just there until the end of the arc. Although it sounds like a good idea, I don't think it happened.

I don't think so either.Assuming this part of the story is over, it seems as though Bendis just left a window open to revisit Carnage and/or Ben Reilly in the future.

That's what I think, too. I really think that that is how it should be. Ben Reilly should develope his plot and potential next experiment in the background until his story comes to Peter's immediate attention again.

bad idea

I hated the whole Carnage thing it was too rushed Ben Rielly?? I hope they stay away from that whole mess of a clone thing they pulled off... and I just hope they stay away from this for as long as possible... Benny should just be forgotten about it was all a bad idea anyway

On the contrary, I thought that the Carnage arc was a prize to behold, save Gwen's death since it didn't really seem like it needed to be there. There are now a lot of interesting plot lines that can be followed out of this arc. Will the Lizard ever come about? Is Ben Reilly going to become Scarlet or is he going to come up with another Carnage? Where will Venom fit into this? He's, in some ways a part of Carnage...

Goodwill said:
Will the Lizard ever come about?

Bendis has said he has no more plans for Lizard.

All right see this is why I didn't like carnage he had nothing to do with venom as far as being an offspring it's not the same relationship at all am I right?... I don't know I felt he popped up too soon and Gwen's death was rushed without any buildup of a relationship between her and Peter which I was kinda waiting for. It just made me kinda mad the arch altogether...

ps. I would really like to see the ultimate lizard

XTFLyons said:
All right see this is why I didn't like carnage he had nothing to do with venom as far as being an offspring it's not the same relationship at all am I right?... I don't know I felt he popped up too soon and Gwen's death was rushed without any buildup of a relationship between her and Peter which I was kinda waiting for. It just made me kinda mad the arch altogether...

ps. I would really like to see the ultimate lizard

Ultimate Lizard did make several appearances. The first was around Ult. Marvel Team-Up #9 or 10.

Bendis made a good point about Gwen's death - he basically said that in real life people die unexpectedly without you getting to know them - why should comics be any different?

XTFLyons said:
good point but do u at least agree that ult carnage came kinda early?

I personally didn't think it was too early, but it was somewhat rushed, if that makes sense.

Here's what I got out of the original Ultimate Carnage storyline. The Symbiote isn't completely human, but it's trying to become Peter Parker. The More it absorbed people's lives, the more human it became. So left untreated for a while, and if it has been killing outside of New York city (most probably including Ben Reily), when he comes back to the city he will be pretty much entirely human. (with the ability to change into his red symbiote costume). He will think that he is Peter Parker, and try to replace everything, and the Scarlett Spider will be him in his Spider-man costume (think Spidey's Black Costume, with red for the black and black for the white?). I think it would be interesting if as the Scarlett Spider he were to be a good guy, but when he realizes he's a fake, he goes nuts and becomes the mass-murdering lunatic, and maybe we'll see Ultimate Maximum Carnage.

As for Doc Connors, anyone consider that he might have been pulled into SHIELD? they seem to be the types who'd exploit his studies.

XTFLyons said:
I could deal with that... but that would kinda leave no purpose for ultimate benny right? which is fine with me

Maybe later on the semi-clone would take on the name of his "father"? well, one of them.....

Eh. I'd rather Ben just die. Let the Clone Saga die.... my god, that was like a decade long Headace....

Dr.Strangefate said:
Here's what I got out of the original Ultimate Carnage storyline. The Symbiote isn't completely human, but it's trying to become Peter Parker. The More it absorbed people's lives, the more human it became.

Sort of. The creature was missing some DNA sequences and filled them by getting it from other people, just enough to grow enough to go after Peter, whose DNA matched. The creature didn't really even know what "he" was doing; he had Peter's memories and was going off of them.

Latest posts

Back