Ultimate Bishop

TheManWithoutFear said:
Tomorrow People arc. I dunno the page. They said it's one where Magneto and Cyclops are in the background talking to eachother.
Doesn't match up with the named one in New Mutants. He was a teenager with a criminal record. I'm going with that one and just ignoring this, its just a filler background character

It's probably just made to look like Bishop, but isn't. Like Cad said, it's already been stated that Bishop is not that old, as he looks in that pic.

Well maybe it's a guy tha all so happends to have an A on his eye for MUTANT or MAGNETO. Still I wish we get to see him Ultimate X-Men in a near future.

René said:
Still I wish we get to see him Ultimate X-Men in a near future.

I really don't see why it's just going to be Havok and Polaris with Emma. Why not bring all of the mutants she had lined up with her? I mean if Emma started her own little group than I'd think she'd try to bring back all of the mutants mentioned.

Guijllons said:
That M is really ambiguous. It's not obviously that at all

Person A: Hey it's a picture of Bishop
Person B: {Looks at the picture, thinks of distinguishing features Bishop has, and responds...} Hey, you're right that does look like Bishop, look at the "M" on his eye.
Person A: Yea, that's cool. It was probably meant to be a Bishop cameo.

:roll:

I know we love to obsess about upcoming characters based on cameos, but I think the basic rule of thumb in Ultimate continuity is that if a cameo or a reference is made, it's either A) a visual or verbal nod to the character or B) future plans and if future plans contradict the cameo, then the "cameo" becomes a mere visual nod.

See also: Eddie Brock the reporter or X-Men 1's Nightcrawler like teleporter kid / fireball making kid.

I'm basically agreeing with MWOF here in that a cameo doesn't mean the character is now defined and set in stone, rather the cameo is functioning as an Easter egg and nothing more.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I really don't see why it's just going to be Havok and Polaris with Emma. Why not bring all of the mutants she had lined up with her? I mean if Emma started her own little group than I'd think she'd try to bring back all of the mutants mentioned.

I forgot about Emma. Maybe thats what happend. It would make sense, so if do get to see Ultimate Hellions we see Bishop among with Blink and Wolfsbane.

Emma's group never contained the criminal Bishop, nor Blink, and last we saw of Wolfsbane had her at the freak show. Is it confirmed that if Emma reappears, we'll see Lorna? Because she wasn't part of the group either...

jtg3885 said:
Emma's group never contained the criminal Bishop, nor Blink, and last we saw of Wolfsbane had her at the freak show. Is it confirmed that if Emma reappears, we'll see Lorna? Because she wasn't part of the group either...

They were all in the group, weren't they? I thought Emma had all these people under her possession before she went to the government. Do you honestly think Emma just tossed them back out into the street? I'm not gettin' into a "confirmation war" with you JTG, so I don't know how you'll take this news. Vaughan on his website specifically said that Lorna would be returning with Havok and Emma.

TheManWithoutFear said:
They were all in the group, weren't they? I thought Emma had all these people under her possession before she went to the government. Do you honestly think Emma just tossed them back out into the street? I'm not gettin' into a "confirmation war" with you JTG, so I don't know how you'll take this news. Vaughan on his website specifically said that Lorna would be returning with Havok and Emma.
I was actually wondering about this too because, as I recall it, those were the mutants the government deeped "acceptable" for Emma's program from all those they could gain access to. They ruled out Bishop because of his criminal record since it was all a pr deal and he stayed in juvenile detention. I may be adding remembered details but I think thats close to right

TheManWithoutFear said:
Lorna staying with Alex is kinda stupid IMHO, because we know that he dumped his "magnet girlfriend" in order to make it onto Emma's team. Karma was also pushed onto the team at the President's insistence, so there's at least one person that Emma didn't already have... I think that she may have approached them all, but I doubt she had them all under her thumb already. Especially with the "No to the wolf girl" comment, because unless there's two similar characters, we already know that Rahne was working the freak show. Having Bishop already a part of her group would have also ruined her credibility, because she's trying for a positive image of mutantkind, and someone with jail time and a criminal record isn't a good spokesperson.

Latest posts

Back