Ultimate Black Panther (Speculation)

SeAcoW

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
904
When do you guys think we are going to see Ultimate Black Panter ? I would love to see such a guy in the Ultimate univers !
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
He needs to ditch the suit and be pure politics man. A powerful king from the middle of nowhere africa comes out and puts a drop on The Ultimates, a precived threat to his country.

This will happen, it's only a matter of when.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Well, I've always wanted to see him, but more as a gadget man... I don't know, I don't think he should be introduced any time soon since, after all, there are too many characters showing up at one time, especially in the Ultimates.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Goodwill said:
Well, I've always wanted to see him, but more as a gadget man...
Yeah, I mean, isn't his country supposed to be advanced with technology? It'd be cool to actually see that.
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,491
Location
Australia
Baxter said:
He needs to ditch the suit and be pure politics man. A powerful king from the middle of nowhere africa comes out and puts a drop on The Ultimates, a precived threat to his country.

Exactly
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
Well, if anything, I think Ultimate Black Panther should be introduced into the pages of Ultimate Iron Man, not necessarily as the leader of a country with advanced technology, but one with an impressively diverse amount of natural resources, particularly metals. Another look at Panther would be to make him the CEO of a prominent manufacturing corporation in Wakanda.

The Ultimate version of his nation, Wakanda, could be the leading supplier of vibranium, that infamous 616 metal that absorbed sound. (I'm aware that the Antarctic variety of vibranium PRODUCES sound rather than absorbs it, but that's a whole 'nother thing altogether.)

Much of Ultimate Black Panther's personal struggles as a character would be about his role as like Tony Stark, a supplier to military contracts and as an influential man living in a country that must adapt to a worldwide economy. You could try to parallel this with the real struggles Japan had to endure when it opened its borders to the world during the Meiji era.

At the same time, the American government might decide to strong-arm the Wakandan government into signing some very lucrative deals that involve placing military bases (SHIELD may or may not be involved in this), a Special Administrative Region that would support those bases, and some plum access to fuel and metal resources.

This would easily parallel the arrangements between the United States and the Philippines that placed the air bases in Clark and Subic, as well as made the Visiting Forces Arrangement.
 

SeAcoW

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
904
icemastertron said:
Oh no, he has to keep the Black Panther suit. It's what makes him more cool, IMO.


He has to yeah, although ourchair had i nice theory there !


What about making it like, a high tech suit. WIth somekind of invisibility, some adamentium claws you can attach, and some cool night vision like thing ? And of cours more :wink:
 

Caduceus

The Original Muffins Man
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
5,491
Location
Australia
then maybe you can give him a teleportation device and brainwash him to kill people for your evil organization.


Ooops, sorry wrong title.

Anyway, PERSONALLY I'd rather see him as a diplomat maybe even a balancing character for Tony Stark rather than as a costumed crusader. There's plenty of those but there is more room for developement and more need for the characters who, even if they have super powers, aren't out there "fighting the good fight". Can you think of anyone we've been introduced to who's not really on a super-team or a villain?
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
icemastertron said:
Oh no, he has to keep the Black Panther suit. It's what makes him more cool, IMO.
Oh, I still want Ultimate T'Challa to keep the Black Panther suit. I just haven't worked out all the angles for his life as a costumed adventurer. At least not as much as the angles I've worked out for Ultimate Puma. I'm a special kind of dork.

And as much as I've been on a Ultimatization binge lately, these aren't supposed to be "theories" as Seacow calls them. Just a possibility as to how one could approach Ultimatizing characters. If they were "theories", that'd imply me (and us, as a fan collective) trying to second guess the intentions of the writers and the editors.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
TheManWithoutFear said:
No it's addressed to a mod to merge this thread or something.
Well, we could just rename this thread into "Ultimate Black Panther Ideas" or something. I'm not a big fan of the all Ultimate ideas into one thread because it's so hard to wade through. But hey, I don't shape moderating policy, so what do I know, eh? :p
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
Caduceus said:
Anyway, PERSONALLY I'd rather see him as a diplomat maybe even a balancing character for Tony Stark rather than as a costumed crusader. There's plenty of those but there is more room for developement and more need for the characters who, even if they have super powers, aren't out there "fighting the good fight". Can you think of anyone we've been introduced to who's not really on a super-team or a villain?
That reminds me of an interesting point of compound's: he wants to see more characters from the 616 get incarnated into the Ultimates but not necessarily with the same powers or abilities they had in 616, but rather take non-superpowered elements of their character and use that as the basis for their Ultimate incarnations.

Case in point: Scott Lang, as a petty thief turned superhero Ant-Man II, there's no real way to write him into Ultimates that I can imagine and "stealing Pym's tech" doesn't seem to be such a good idea in the UU. So instead reincarnate him as either a thief or an amateur scientist of some sort. In this light, it makes your idea of a T'Challa as "foil" for Tony seem even more of an exciting and palatable idea.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
Well, there was a Dr. Lang working with Dr. Pym in Ultimate Spider-Man, specificly when Doctor Octavious woke up, and went nuts. I think me may have been killed.
 

ourchair

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
13,105
Location
Philippines
Baxter said:
Well, there was a Dr. Lang working with Dr. Pym in Ultimate Spider-Man, specificly when Doctor Octavious woke up, and went nuts. I think me may have been killed.
Yeah, actually, that's one thing that weirded me out about Pym. I was under the impression Doc Ock ripped him apart after USM: Double Trouble, and then he ALMOST got killed during Ultimate Six. That's one lucky guy.

I like to pretend that whatever Bendis writes that doesn't directly involve USM is NOT canon. Otherwise, there'd be two Eddie Brocks in the Ultimate Universe.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
ourchair said:
Yeah, actually, that's one thing that weirded me out about Pym. I was under the impression Doc Ock ripped him apart after USM: Double Trouble, and then he ALMOST got killed during Ultimate Six. That's one lucky guy.

I like to pretend that whatever Bendis writes that doesn't directly involve USM is NOT canon. Otherwise, there'd be two Eddie Brocks in the Ultimate Universe.
Heh, yeah, I remember that. Eddie Brock, Daily globe.

Same arc, wasn't it?
 

Latest posts

Top