Ultimate Cap Series?

Would you rather have a Ultimate Captain America mini-series or ongoing series?

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
It's been mentioned for some time that Mark Millar is going to write a mini-sereies starting one of his favorite Ultimates'. That favorite was mentioned to be Captain America. But there has been talk that the mini-series might turn into an ongoing series. Let's hope this to be true, because an Ultimate Cap series would be awesome, especially if its done by Mark Millar!

I said mini, and here's why: I don't think there's enough to Cap to give him his own ongoing. Cap is the Ultimates. He is their face, he is their leader, and he is the soul of the team. He has no friends or life outside of the team (except for a dying old man) and he doesn't just go off on his own and take on street thugs like Spider-Man. It sounds funny to say, but as interesting of a character as he is (IMO the most interesting in the Ultimate universe) there's just not enough there to constantly give him something to do.

I said mini because IMO the Ultimate Universe only needs 5 ongoing series, we don't need Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Cap, Ultimate Hulk or whatever. Bendis has already done Ultimate wolverine in the pages of Ultimate X-Men anyway. Personnally if I had my way the Ultimate line-up would look like this monthly:
Ultimate spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic 4, The Ultimates, and Ultimate Marvel [a series that focuses on team-ups of heroes and adventures of characters who couldn't hold up there own titles, such as Blade, Iron Fist, Punisher and Daredevil]

I said mini as well because I'd love to see the Ultimates continue past Vol. 2 and that'll be my Cap fix, plus the mini and some guest appearances. Is it me or does he seem to be the self-appointed warden of the superheroes of the Ultimate universe?

I said mini because IMO the Ultimate Universe only needs 5 ongoing series, we don't need Ultimate Wolverine, Ultimate Cap, Ultimate Hulk or whatever. Bendis has already done Ultimate wolverine in the pages of Ultimate X-Men anyway. Personnally if I had my way the Ultimate line-up would look like this monthly:
Ultimate spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Fantastic 4, The Ultimates, and Ultimate Marvel [a series that focuses on team-ups of heroes and adventures of characters who couldn't hold up there own titles, such as Blade, Iron Fist, Punisher and Daredevil]

I love the idea of the Ultimate Marvel title letting us know what's going on behind the scenes as our other Ultimate hereos make their way.

I don't see any need in having another ongoing beyond Ultimates, X-Men, FF and Spidey.

Well, I said mini because there is only so much that they could do with this character until it becomes a little redundant.

Well, I said mini because there is only so much that they could do with this character until it becomes a little redundant.

Exactly.

I voted mini as well. Cap doesn't have as much to bring to the Ultimate table as the other titles in terms of adapting great stories and villains. The mini would most definately work because Millar has a great hold of the character, but, as mentioned above, an ongoing would get pretty old pretty fast.

You're exactly write... They could do an Ultimate Origins mini with Wolverine and his wife as well as Cap'n and his war stories... Wolverine and Fury could even fit into them. I would think that Dugan would, too. Seems he was just brought in for the New Mutants story, however, I think he should be used more.

At the end of the Blockbuster arc, Dugan calls out Wolverine by name, "James." I think they knew each other.

Well given his apparent age and all those scars looks like he's been working for SHEILD or at least the US government for a long time, I wager he predates Fury. Could easily know Logan from before Weapon X.

Sure, and if that is the case, it could make for a good story between Fury and Dugan about SHIELD and who should actually run it... Millar could easily replace Fury with Dugan!

Yeah, it would... lol, it would make for a good story. I mean, without Fury villains and terrorists could escape and give all of those in limbo a chance to shine again!

That makes sense. But wouldnt then all the ultimate teams have to go and fight them? I think that would be cool. But would it affect the continuity?

Well, I'd like to see that explored a little more. In a possible X-Force mini.

Also, there's some stuff opened with Bucky, isn't there? In a mini, do you think that could be explored a little? I know that an old man couldn't suit up in a costume, but you get what I mean...

Also, there's some stuff opened with Bucky, isn't there? In a mini, do you think that could be explored a little? I know that an old man couldn't suit up in a costume

No...I can't see Cap sitting there while Bucky drinks tea and gets up every 5 minutes to empty his colostomy bag. Anything interesting would have to be a flashback, and if they have to use flashbacks to make it interesting why not just base the whole series during the war?

Latest posts

Back