Ultimate Captain America and his wacky enhancements...

TheApostle

Why is it that no one can recreate the super soldier serum/ whatever other cocktail of genetics and what not that wimpy Steve Rogers took to become the All American Hero? I mean after over fifty years of technological advances you'd think they'd come close... here is a wacked out theory I came up with.. lemme know what you think and if you have any others.. When Cap was a youth mutants were still relatively unknown.. In Ultimate War we read that Cap said every one just thought Wolvie was lucky back in WWII.. because they didnt understand his healing factor.. what if the reason the serum worked on Cap was part of his own sort of latent mutant ability, and the reason it cant be dupicated is because it wont work on anyone else's physiology in quite the same way.. Now you are wondering.. "well if Cap were a mutant.. surely the gov't could recognize this.. surely cerebro would tell us.." but what if because of the serum's effects on his unique physiology all he registers as is an augmented individual. I know its a little bit of a stretch.. and if I am unclear you can let me know.. and I will try to be more clear.. BUT.. all in all.. what do you think? For a comic it wouldnt be too farfetched..

You make an ineteresting point there, but I woildn't say it helped Steve or whatever because of a mutant ability or whatever.

If they made him a mutant here or whatever, it just wouldn't go right. At least in my opinion.

The government could have lost the forumla. So they need someone new to reccreate the formula. But there could be something that was not used today that was really used in the '40s.

But there could be something that was not used today that was really used in the '40s.

That's most likely the 'key ingridient' that they're missing. Which would lead to the reason why they can't re-create the super soldier serum.

Nice one there Rene! :wink:

Not only that, but it's entirely possible that the scientists that gave the serum to Cap didn't know what they were doing. It was experimental, wasn't it?

UltimateE said:
Not only that, but it's entirely possible that the scientists that gave the serum to Cap didn't know what they were doing. It was experimental, wasn't it?

Yes it was. Forgot about that. That also plays into the reason why the serum still can't be reproduced today.

But in Ultimate War, Xavier freezes everyone within a radius who isn't mutant, and Cap was one of these people, allowing the rest of the X-men to escape. If they make Cap partially mutant now, or whenever, it would mess up continuity. I'm fine with just one super-soldier. After all, he went missing after the WWII. Maybe they figured the serum was a failure since their only test subject went MIA, presumed dead.

I bet they did something they can't replicate. Not something that they haven't found yet, but literaly are unable t with modern technology. I think they accidently made something that made Cap and it's literaly impossible to recreate it without being within certain conditions. Either that or what they did to create the innitial serum was so amazingly unethical that even if the knew what to do they couldn't for fear of it becoming public.

That is kind of what I am getting at.. the whole idea of the mutancy in Cap that I theorized.. and keep in mind folks I knew it was ridiculous to begin with but I wanted to see how we could get our own gears rolling on it and see what kind of ideas surfaced.. Anyhow.. as far as why Cap was affected by Prof's psychic trick, I am saying was possibly a result of the serum's contact with him..
Another theory similar to that is that maybe he was some sort of stem/cell thing like Geldoff was in USM 43-44..
My honest opinion of what the likely reason behind all the confusion is something I base off a comic I had from the 616 universe.. before Cap was given the serum in that continuity he was treated to weeks, maybe a couple months worth of tests.. so what if the solution was so tailor made to Cap what they are missing is because they are trying to duplicate the serum directly and not the procedure.. like each person needs their own individual serum custom made for them.. that is kinda why I was thinking maybe Cap was a mutant or smething equally bizarre because maybe there was already something in his own genetics that made him unique enough that his personal batch of serum was so far off the radar that no human could handle it withouth MAD MAD results.. like what keeps happening to Banner for instance..

.. like each person needs their own individual serum custom made for them

Yeah that could be, without him being a mutant though. It could react differently with different people for lots of reasons.

Well, Apostle, I would say that they HAVE come close to recreating the formula. The attempts to duplicate it have resulted in Spider-Man, The Hulk, and The Green Goblin. Spider-Man got the serum channeled through a spider and so gained enhanced spider-like abilities rather than enhanced human abilities, and Osborn and Banner both got super-human strength and such by taking the serum directly but their physical appearances were changed even more than their abilities.
So, I'm thinking you're right about Cap being the only true success because he was treated and tested for months as each recreation attempt has had an unknown mutation side effect. Perhaps the steroids Cap was given over those months prepared his body or strengthened his body's resistance in some way to avoid or fight off the mutation aspect. Or, maybe it just slowed it down and Cap's on the road to a horrible hairy mutation. Or, maybe not...
Anyways, hopefully, nobody in the Ultimate U will ever work out how Cap came to be, or we'll have dozens of super soldiers running around punching people.

I have two theories but in both of them Cap is not a mutant.
Theory #1: The Chitauri (Skrull) were helping the Nazi's build a super weapon. The Kree were helping the Allies make a weapon of their own: Captain America. After the war finished, Captain America was believed to be a failure or something similar, and the Allies dismissed the Kree. The Kree were presumed to have left Earth and took the secrets of the serum with them. And that's why they can't recreate it today, because they don't know the secret ingredient...
Or the scientists kept failing and so for their last experiment decided to use some random serum and it worked! They couldn't recreate it because they didn't know what it was...

ProjectX2 said:
I have two theories but in both of them Cap is not a mutant.
Theory #1: The Chitauri (Skrull) were helping the Nazi's build a super weapon. The Kree were helping the Allies make a weapon of their own: Captain America. After the war finished, Captain America was believed to be a failure or something similar, and the Allies dismissed the Kree. The Kree were presumed to have left Earth and took the secrets of the serum with them. And that's why they can't recreate it today, because they don't know the secret ingredient...
Or the scientists kept failing and so for their last experiment decided to use some random serum and it worked! They couldn't recreate it because they didn't know what it was...

I LIKE THAT THEORY!! That makes good good sense that the Kree would have assisted.. and that would explain so much.. as far as the random theory goes.. I dont like that because I would imagine especially now that they have Cap they could trace it from his blood stream..

That's one of the more interesting ideas I've heard - nice.

OK, OK, OK. We get it - back to the wacky enhancements.

Are Cap'n's senses heightened? It just seems to me like he's got an eye out for stuff that most of the others don't...

Goodwill said:
Are Cap'n's senses heightened? It just seems to me like he's got an eye out for stuff that most of the others don't...

I'd think that would be more in line with the extensive training he recived than his augmentations. If you're going to rebuild someone as the perfect physical specimen than you want to make sure he's able to take full advantage of that.

Good point... Would that mean that there is a superior officer to him that was able to teach him how to utilize those skills?

Latest posts

Back