Ultimate Captains

The Union IS an Ultimatization for one...

Besides, given the size, I don't think we'll get all the names. Do we really want them to waste pages sitting down to name off all two dozen or so members?

Finally, what would a Captain Canada have to do with the Union? The heroes of the Union represent the countries of Europe... last time I checked, Canada was not a European country.

Ya

I KNOW the Union is ultimate. I was saying, I want some NAMES. Capt. Canada can be part of, like, the Canadian Super Soldier program because if any country in the world needs a super soldier, its Canada!

*rolls his eyes* Of course, because that's exactly what U2 needs. Pages devoted in introducing all the throwaway Union members. Ugh.

And Canada has Alpha Flight, and I do believe they have a maple leaf-wearing hero among them already. If anything, they'd Ultimatize them, not create some cornball hero like Captain Canada.

I bet you that if they do the spin-offs of The Ultimates 2, that Ultimate Union would be one of the spin-offs, along with Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Thor.

I'd like to see more of Ultimate Captain Britain. He's cool.

I want to see the Hulk rip off their uniforms then pound them into nothingness. Leave just Britain left. Ultimate Europe decides the suits don't work, and go back to doing something biological like Captain America. I mean, theoretically, the union can wipe the ultimates off le map. and that's not cool.

Bass said:
I'd like to see more of Ultimate Captain Britain. He's cool.
Of course you'd say that you patriotic tea-drinking weenie.

For my money, there's gotta be a Captain Philippines, or Kapitan Pinoy or something like that. And he'd look just like Mars Ravelo's Captain Barbell only not enough for him to be sued by the Mars Ravelo family.

Also, Banner had SO much trouble cracking the supersoldier serum, and never did crack it, how did all those Union guys get there powers? Banner is a genius and he couldn't figure out the formula, so who could?

Latari'sFighter said:
Also, Banner had SO much trouble cracking the supersoldier serum, and never did crack it, how did all those Union guys get there powers? Banner is a genius and he couldn't figure out the formula, so who could?
How about the best and the brightest of over twenty European countries working together? It's obvious that aside from Norway's Thor project (which doesn't even really exist), most of the Union's super-soldiers share the same power. Therefore, rather than having just Banner and maybe Pym on the project, they had scientific geniuses from all those countries working together, probably localizing each power within it's own serum. It's a lot easier to create a serum that gives just one power than it is to create the Super-Soldier Serum that Captain America took. So by doing it a power at a time, they'd be able to work faster, distribute personal more intelligently, and arrive at their own Super-Soldier Serum a lot faster and easier than The Ultimates tried to.

ourchair said:
Of course you'd say that you patriotic tea-drinking weenie.

I honestly hadn't realised that it would sound patriotic. I forget I live in Britain sometimes. But, 'tis true. I am a tea-drinking weenie. Green & Jasmine tea every day with dinner. :D

Patriot said:
I WANT CAPTAIN SHAMROCK

I noticed that one of the Union members was wearing Irish colors...though I doubt he'll be called Captain Shamrock (that would be awesome, though).

I noticed that one of the Union members was wearing Irish colors...though I doubt he'll be called Captain Shamrock (that would be awesome, though).

[insert snappy joke about a drunk super-hero and maybe relate it to MWF]

I thought the power was from the suits, not from serums

No, because all of them are suited up in the Union mass shot, and only four are ready for combat. If it was a suit, they could mass-produce them, and have an army of super soldiers. The same with a serum though. There has to be some genetic marker or latent genetic tendency that allows them to be empowered, or else everyone would be super...

captain britain's power could in some way be like his 616 counter-part
his force field could be used as a weapon. he could send it out and stirke a person and not even be in a arms distances

fantomex said:
captain britain's power could in some way be like his 616 counter-part
his force field could be used as a weapon. he could send it out and stirke a person and not even be in a arms distances
If he could, I don't think he would have tackled Thor...

iceman said:
I thought the power was from the suits, not from serums

Hitllar has said that the suits are responsible for their powers, Thor's suit is bio-mechanical, and it would seem these suits are not easily mass-producable due to the sheer cost involved in making them. Thorlief took the hammer and suit, it took them 18 months and they still haven't fully recovered. I suppose it's like rockets to the moon. It can be done, but it's difficult and extremely costly.

The power of the union guys does come from the suits, but I doubt it would be one generic suit for all with just a difference in appearance. It would be more likely that there will be differences, if not in the abilities of the union members, but in the fine tuning of the suits and the training of the individuals to use their suits also.

Certainly they'd be on their usual diet of steroid enhanced roast beef, frogs legs and bratwurst. Though I doubt that this is how their powers have come about. With the close links to the Ultimates, and the mess that the best minds in America have made with reproducing a supersoldier serum, I'm pretty sure that the union would have shared had they cracked it.

Guijllons said:
Certainly they'd be on their usual diet of steroid enhanced roast beef, frogs legs and bratwurst. Though I doubt that this is how their powers have come about. With the close links to the Ultimates, and the mess that the best minds in America have made with reproducing a supersoldier serum, I'm pretty sure that the union would have shared had they cracked it.

Eh...........nope,I don't think so.Reckon they'd keep it quiet and pass them off as somethin else.Who in their right minds would give The US of all nations the ability to mass-produce super-soldiers??????????

Latest posts

Back